Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 01:19 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,688,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
I am amazed at Red states like OK who complain that their environment is failing, such as OK earthquakes and ash laden streams in WV, but who voted for the current administration who will now gut the EPA and send our environment for our kids and grandkids into a tailspin. 24 percent cuts on top of 5,000 lower employment than at its peak, there will be no travel money and no enforcement with the EPA now. You will have to live with the ecological disaster in its wake, while the millionaires choose what spots to live in after profiting from deregulation and polluting the environment. The fat cats won't be your neighbors. Enjoy.
I think the majority of Oklahomans expect residents to accept the earthquakes while living here with little complaint, just like we have to accept the threat of possibly getting hit by a tornado every year. That is amazing. If you can't accept it, then move to a safer state to live in. At the Oklahoma State Capitol they govern like it's really the conservative Christians and wealthy people who are hurting, more so than the poor.

Oklahoma Still Endures Major Earthquake Crisis

https://okiefunk.com/content/oklahom...thquake-crisis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 01:56 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,643,659 times
Get big oil out and stop the fracking. That's whats causing the earthquakes. This is what happens when they get greedy and frack everywhere. Do your own research don't believe me.

Old 03-05-2017, 04:27 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,293,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I think the majority of Oklahomans expect residents to accept the earthquakes while living here with little complaint, just like we have to accept the threat of possibly getting hit by a tornado every year. That is amazing. If you can't accept it, then move to a safer state to live in. At the Oklahoma State Capitol they govern like it's really the conservative Christians and wealthy people who are hurting, more so than the poor.

Oklahoma Still Endures Major Earthquake Crisis

https://okiefunk.com/content/oklahom...thquake-crisis
The really odd thing about that is that is pretty much how people in California, especially in very quake prone areas, regard earthquakes. You choose to live in an area known to have faults and you know there will be quakes, and then there is the Big One, which really WILL come and effect a huge area. But you can't wake up every day and worry about it or its smaller sisters every moment. You can live in a house with earthquake standards, and put the things in the house where things won't fall on you, and strap appliances. If the San Andreas goes, you've done what you can.

I am trying hard to feel that way about tornados. But where I live nobody has shelters, and seems to take it with the certainty that they miss us. OK they have since I moved here, even before, but mother nature shouldn't be triffled with.

And with quakes... my house in the Inland Empire was fairly resistant to quakes, built in the fifties when there were standards. It could still have damage but unlikely bad ones. If its a big quake all bets are off whatever its like. I didn't feel so insecure there about my house and shakes.

Here, house built in 31, I worry about major damage I can't pay for, or losing pets, or ending up (again) with nothing. At least in California I could have some expectation of retaining a liveable house.

And the fraking.... I am ashamed of the people who marginalize the risk for themselves and everyone else so Master Oil can get its way, when its really PEOPLE who are at risk. Would they support doing weather alteration which drew a bunch of tornados just because its in some 'local' baron's advantage...

Ban fraking and make the oil companies clean up their mess and require them to compensate anone damaged in a quake AND rebuild their home on their dime. See how long they can snub regular human beings when they are made responsible for the full cost of fixing it. Also, let people sue them too.

Sometime I wish we could pick up my house and my beloved trees and move them to a more welcome place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma