Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 04:51 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times

Advertisements

Take the road on the West side of Gerty that heads South Peggy. After about 3/4 of a mile, you'll take a right (if you kept heading straight it would dead-end). The roads meander through some hills. It's a nice little drive but those dirt roads can be rough like a washboard in places. Have a nice trip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 01:14 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
Synopse, we went to the Hughes County offices today in Holdenville to pay taxes. And there were several young people perusing those large books which hold all the oil and gas lease information for all of Hughes County.

When we asked what they were doing, the clerk said they are checking all the properties in Hughes County to see which company has the oil and gas leases on each parcel of land.

Hmm. Interesting, eh?

I asked one of the girls who they worked for and they just looked all scared and said, uh, we're not supposed to say who we work for.

Hmm. The plot thickens.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:33 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
Hmmm. Tell them it's MINE and I ain't selling!!!! That is interesting. It sounds like there is going to be a lot going on in the area soon, which is good news for me (I hope). Thanks for the info redbird; it's good to have a source on the "inside."

Old 12-26-2007, 04:06 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
Yes, it was strange that they were notating the name of each oil/gas drilling company for EVERY SINGLE landowner in Hughes County.

That's a lot of info. And the clerk said 4 or 5 girls were off for christmas vacation. That is just too weird if you ask me. Even though the info is there for the taking, it makes me scratch my head and say, hmmm.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:07 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,686,730 times
It's pretty common. There are a number of companies that will pay for that information.
On my kin folks last lease deal they had 5 oil companies that were bidding for there leases. Right now mineral rights holders are in a good position. But you really need to talk to a good oil and gas attorney or you could end up with the short end of the stick.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:25 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,618,555 times
Some days there are so many people looking up mineral information in the courthouse, they can't fit in the room and have to work in the halls.

We had some snow up here so I will take my drive when the roads get better, maybe on a sunny day. I like the way the countryside looks in the winter.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,248 times
I have mineral rights in Hughes County, Oklahoma that now has bama #3 & bama #4 wells on it I have 7 1/2 acres minerals. I have received offers to buy my mineral rights located in Section 22, Township 5 North, Range 10 East. I don't receive much on the wells now and one oil company has offered $4,500. an acre. I would like to know if this is a good deal and if so do I accept a Bank draft for the amount and sign my mineral deed and send to them.
Thank you for any help in this matter.
Betty

Old 05-30-2008, 09:00 AM

99 posts, read 310,783 times
Default Mineral rights

Here in East Texas there are more gas and oil wells showing up on country landscape, just in the past 3 years. I have seen 10 new gas wells in a 25 mile area, I am sure there are more wells. The local news station just announced a meeting that was held, to help people who have received letters from oil and gas companies, concerning their mineral rights.

The main advice, was to get a lawyer the deals with mineral rights.

One story concerning what is going on with drilling here in Texas;

KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana |Landowners Trying To Learn The Ropes About Mineral Rights Leasing

Old 05-30-2008, 11:24 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,424,518 times
Horizonal drilling sounds suspicious to me. Like they can drill unerground into unauthorized areas. Let's hope your house doesn't covert itself into an underground storm shelter

Only 1,000.00 per min, acre? Do you own the mineral rights?

Old 06-22-2008, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,183 times
We got a similar offer for $4000 an acre in Hughes County. How did your deal pan out? We're still trying to determine if this is a good offer or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma