Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:26 AM

1,009 posts, read 876,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000000 View Post

the former confederate state powers, who acted on behalf of the people, agreed to those terms. they may not have wanted to do, but they obligated themselves to follow through with the terms of the agreements. therefore they are states again.

On a practical real-world level, a person is only obligated to those things to which he chooses to obligate himself. In my case if I give somebody my word that I will do something, I will stick to it, unless my word was given at gunpoint, in which case I would feel no obligation to actually abide by whatever I may have said.

If they indeed became states again then they would retain all the rights of the states, and one of the rights is the right to assert independence. By what legal right did the thirteen colonies revolt against Great Britain? What was the case law precedent in regards to colonial rebellion?

As a matter of law the founding fathers of the United States were all traitors to Great Britain, their revolution was an illegal act of treason, and the existence of the United States is illegitimate. But for whatever it's worth I don't believe British law or the British monarchy to be worth moose spit. I'm pretty sure most tyrants have laws against questioning them or challenging them, but how much are those laws really worth? If you only exercise the rights given to you by law, then one day you may find you have nothing to exercise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 11:06 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,379,710 times
am i wrong,, but i also thought breaking away/dissolving the "world bank" was a main reason our founding fathers broke away from great britain ?? and on a side note has our federal reserve out-lived its usefulness and become another "world bank branch" ? the same type of world banks america (rightfully so) dissolved in the early 1900's ?

Old 02-23-2009, 09:33 AM

77 posts, read 288,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
Why? Because they'd just waste it like they've been wasting the money they have, like they've been wasting the money they don't have (credit/debt spending).
That's what drives this economy. Spending. So in other words it would help a lot more than anything else. I'm not advocating such a plan, but the fact is the government would want everyone to waste their money by spending it on stupid stuff.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:07 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,942,600 times
I would suggest that everyone claim the maximum number of dependents on their W-2s and sock that money in a savings account with interest instead of sending it directly to the federal government. In short, you will not be paying taxes to Uncle Sam until April 15th, at which time you can write a check. They won't have your money to take without interest all year long and you'll have saved a pretty penny in interest accrued.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I would suggest that everyone claim the maximum number of dependents on their W-2s and sock that money in a savings account with interest instead of sending it directly to the federal government. In short, you will not be paying taxes to Uncle Sam until April 15th, at which time you can write a check. They won't have your money to take without interest all year long and you'll have saved a pretty penny in interest accrued.

Our government does everything they can to discourage savings. Inflation occurs at such a rate that there is no way that you will ever be able to keep ahead of the game (or simply break-even) if you use a savings account. There was an article on CNN money that said today, to be a millionaire in 1950s terms, you would need 7 million dollars. This of course means that through a combination of factors, your purchasing power has gone down to about 1/7th of what it was. In other words, inflation has been about 700% since the 1950s. So if we pick a point, say, 1955, to 2009, that is 54 years. Meaning we have averaged about 13% inflation every year. Every year your money loses more of its value than you can ever hope to recover via raises/bonuses/interest from savings. How much does a bank pay in savings each year? About three or four percent? In a typical year your money will lose at least 13 percent of its value.

Americans have been falling behind for decades. Since the creation of the Federal Reserve, the American dollar has lost about 96% of its value. Why? Because with the Federal Reserve the American dollar went from being a convenient and easily movable paper certificate for a difficult to move precious metal, to simply a piece of paper. American dollars (as well as most other world currencies) might as well just be monopoly money. The elites tell people "this has value" and people believe it. It never takes too long for the elites to realize people are stupid, triple the supply of money in an attempt to pay down the budget or expand the size of the government, or increase their influence/power, repeat a few times, and then make the paper funny money worthless.

If Americans don't take the printing of money out of the hands of the Federal Reserve (a non-government run-for-profit corporation/bank) then it will soon spell the death of the American dollar and we will see a new era of untold misery ushered in with the Second Great Depression.

Every American should DEMAND and if necessary FORCE (via non-violent means such as massive strikes, demonstrations, etc) that the government immediately dissolve the Federal Reserve and begin issuing treasury notes, backed by silver and/or gold.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Eater View Post
That's what drives this economy. Spending. So in other words it would help a lot more than anything else. I'm not advocating such a plan, but the fact is the government would want everyone to waste their money by spending it on stupid stuff.

I would suggest people go out and spend their money on firearms, magazines, ammunition, reloading supplies, canned goods, generators, bottled water, etc.

That's what I call smart spending.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:17 PM

the federal reserve should be dissolved. thats two votes. by the way,ohiouberales is correct. did you know the us dollar prior to 1932 said on the front "backed by gold". everything after that just says "legal tender".

Old 02-24-2009, 05:54 PM

498 posts, read 1,508,792 times
Quote:
On a practical real-world level, a person is only obligated to those things to which he chooses to obligate himself. In my case if I give somebody my word that I will do something, I will stick to it, unless my word was given at gunpoint, in which case I would feel no obligation to actually abide by whatever I may have said.
you are not a state.
Quote:
If they indeed became states again then they would retain all the rights of the states, and one of the rights is the right to assert independence. By what legal right did the thirteen colonies revolt against Great Britain? What was the case law precedent in regards to colonial rebellion?
that was power, which you are you buddies at the gun club do not have.
Quote:
As a matter of law the founding fathers of the United States were all traitors to Great Britain, their revolution was an illegal act of treason, and the existence of the United States is illegitimate. But for whatever it's worth I don't believe British law or the British monarchy to be worth moose spit. I'm pretty sure most tyrants have laws against questioning them or challenging them, but how much are those laws really worth? If you only exercise the rights given to you by law, then one day you may find you have nothing to exercise.
or you may find yourself listening to talk radio for the rest of your life.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:12 AM

back to the federal reserve... why do we allow the federal reserve to put interest on every single dollar printed ? this immediatly puts debt owed and ensures more profit for the ruling bankers. am i wrong about this ?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:50 PM

498 posts, read 1,508,792 times
question
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
why do we allow the federal reserve to put interest on every single dollar printed ?
answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
ensures more profit for the ruling bankers.
by the way, dollars were convertible to gold up until 1971, the last year we were crucified to a cross of gold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio