Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 06:19 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times

Advertisements

I love North East Ohio. It has everything we need and want. We just closed on a house in the Cleveland area.
We could not be happier.

Here is what Ohio does NOT have - Earthquakes, mudslides, sink holes, wildfires, tsunamis, hurricanes, droughts, and cyclones.

It think there are tornedos but it's not Kansas.

Yes. We have snow. We moved here from the NYC metropolitan area. We love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2024, 06:58 PM

371 posts, read 364,704 times
lol, this is a sad thread.

Old 03-01-2024, 08:10 PM

8,479 posts, read 6,878,349 times
We used to live in Cortland years ago and I did a lot of business travel in the area all the way up to Ashtabula. Remember those winter days driving in the snow belt.

Old 03-01-2024, 08:30 PM

5,954 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbychic View Post
lol, this is a sad thread.
Only for those with a closed mind who refuse to let reason intrude on their ignorance.

Old 03-01-2024, 08:37 PM

13,641 posts, read 9,698,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I love North East Ohio. It has everything we need and want. We just closed on a house in the Cleveland area.
We could not be happier.

Here is what Ohio does NOT have - Earthquakes, mudslides, sink holes, wildfires, tsunamis, hurricanes, droughts, and cyclones.

It think there are tornedos but it's not Kansas.

Yes. We have snow. We moved here from the NYC metropolitan area. We love it.
Hurricane Ike was pretty devastating. Knocked power out, for 2 weeks. It literally took years, to saw and dispose of the trees that were downed on my former property.

Old 03-01-2024, 10:10 PM

728 posts, read 463,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Only for those with a closed mind who refuse to let reason intrude on their ignorance.

Yes, very true!

Old 03-01-2024, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post

Exactly. Ohio has so much to offer. I am really tired of defending my chosen state to ignorant people who have spent little or no time in this state, but are, for some reason, filled with hatred towards the state of Ohio.

It's a beautiful state, steeped in history, natural and man-made places that would satisfy the desires of almost any interest and taste.

We share our northern boundary with one of the Great Lakes, Lake Erie, a truly awesome sight to behold. Our land is dotted with lakes and streams. There is so much outdoors to explore. Camping, hiking and boating are popular in the Spring, Summer and Fall. There are those who enjoy the outdoors in the winter. I am not one of them.

Winter in when I enjoy Cleveland's indoor wonders. We have the second-best art museum in the United States. The first is in my "home town". NYC. The Cleveland Museum of Art is a work of art in it self. It is also open, free of charge, to the public.

This is a world-class museum in a relatively smaller city. Here is a link.https://www.bing.com/alink/link?url=...YN680x11797424

We are a wonderful sports state, with both Pro and College teams.

Speaking of colleges and universities, we have many that are ranked in the top colleges and universities. "The Fiske Guide to Colleges" the number one best selling colleges guides, places 14 Ohio colleges and universities among the best in the country.

We also have a robust state college system that includes tier one research universities, community colleges and trade schools.

People from all over the world come to The Cleveland Clinic for world class, cutting edge medical care.

And, we are an affordable place to live with beautiful homes at many price points.

Last edited by sheena12; 03-02-2024 at 12:07 AM..

Old 03-02-2024, 12:31 AM

Quote:
I see a lot of beautiful big houses for sale in all parts of the state, I am tempted to move to Ohio but my kids h*ll no to Ohio. I show them the homes we could live in vs the homes here in Colorado, but they just cant being themselves to live in Ohio. Why is there so much dislike for Ohio?
I don't know why there is so much "dislike for Ohio". I'm not sure that there actually is. If you want a sub-tropical climate, Ohio will not deliver.

I understand your temptation! We don't regret our move from Long Island, NY to Ohio at all. In between, we lived in Pennsylvania for a couple of years. The part where we lived was not a good fit for us. While taking one of our kids to look at several OH universities, we found ourselves drawn to the state.

We are selling our first OH house and we purchased our second house in the Cleveland inner ring burbs. We should be moved out, and in CLE by Easter. We just can't wait.

Our kids were teenagers when we moved here. We did not ask their opinions and certainly not their permission. As parents, we made a choice about what would be best for all of us.
When we left NY for PA, there were more complaints. Of course, we listened to their concerns and we reassured them that we would still visit NY several times a year as a family.

We enjoy travel, and Ohio's low cost of living makes travel within the state, outside of Ohio, and outside of the US more frequent.

At the end of the day, it was our choice to move. If your attitude is firm but positive, and you do not seek their approval, their adjustment will be swift. Happy parents, happy children.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:12 AM

50,334 posts, read 63,906,560 times
We loved raising our family in NE Ohio. The real estate is cheaper, because the wages are lower. It’s all relative. We lived in Medina and Summit Counties and the kids got great public educations.

“Midwest Nice” is a real thing.

One negative thing that finally got to us enough that we moved south, is the sun hardly shines from December to May.

Last edited by gentlearts; 03-02-2024 at 05:34 AM..

Old 03-02-2024, 05:17 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Quote:
Theres nothing to do in Ohio and I want them to be happy and proud of where they live. I found homes almost = to Saltburn. It's super cheap to live there but the problem is... we have to live there to live in those homes.
By the time your kids run out of things to do in Ohio they will be 75 and you will be dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio