Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a general ban on travel to the U.S. that bars re-entry of current residents of Ohio?
Trump's all-inclusive ban on travel from the 7 specified countries is OK. 15 21.13%
The Trump policy is great, but should be extended to Saudi Arabia and Egypt. 15 21.13%
Admission to the U.S. should be determined on an individual basis, with no blanket ban on any country. 38 53.52%
I don't care. 3 4.23%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 10:49 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,409,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
A new CNN poll says a majority of Americans now oppose the Trump travel ban, and my expectation is that the percentage in opposition will rise as the consequences become better known and as persons learn that immigrant vetting already was immensely thorough and that the ban largely was a political stunt orchestrated by Steve Bannon, the apparent White House puppet master.

<<Overall, 47% say they favor the executive order on travel, which prohibits entry to the US for 90 days by citizens of seven majority-Muslim countries while suspending the US refugee program for 120 days and reducing the total number of refugees the US will accept this year. A majority, 53%, say they oppose the order. Those who favor the ban say by a 2-to-1 margin that they would like to see it expanded to other countries.>>

First Trump approval rating lags behind past presidents - CNNPolitics.com

Steve Bannon Is Making Sure There

Locally, wait for the reaction if the Cleveland Clinic is gutted, an inevitability if Trump destroys the Clinic's international patient flow and if Republican efforts to replace the Affordable Care Act reduces government support for healthcare subsidies. Ditto, if U.S. exporters find themselves as victims of retaliatory bans by foreign nations pushing back against Trump policies.

In Mexico and Latin American, consumers already are boycotting American brands, likely to have a negative impact on Procter & Gamble, headquartered in Cincinnati.

Mexicans are boycotting US Products to protest Trump's wall tax

you actually still believe in the polls since they were so spot on with Hillary winning in a landslide, then your using CNN fake news polls?
For what it's worth you'll find many polls that favor the policy, keep in mind that like the Trump support in the election, many supporters are laying low in saying that they support Trump, they don't want to have to deal with the push back from the #snowflakes.
When he gets his Supreme Court judge in his policy will get enforced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 05:12 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,160,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
you actually still believe in the polls since they were so spot on with Hillary winning in a landslide, then your using CNN fake news polls?
For what it's worth you'll find many polls that favor the policy, keep in mind that like the Trump support in the election, many supporters are laying low in saying that they support Trump, they don't want to have to deal with the push back from the #snowflakes.
National polls were right in that they accurately measured who would get more votes. But don't tell Trump that, he's the biggest snowflake of all.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:09 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,594,304 times
This video, and the statement from one of our Marines should make you think long and hard about the sovereignty of our nation and who can, and cannot enter
The United States of America

First view this video:

In its latest video, ISIS places bound prisoners in an abandoned building and then lets loose child soldiers to hunt and kill them.

Clarion Project condemns ISIS and its action with every fiber in our collective body but believes the truth must be told about the evil that is ISIS. That is why we decided to publish this video.

WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC CONTENT:

http://video.clarionproject.org/2017...s-building.mp4

Then, read this and make, or confirm, your decision:
It's freezing here. I'm sitting on hard cold dirt between rocks and shrubs at the base of the Hindu Kush Mountains, along the Dar'yoi Pamir River, watching a hole that leads to a tunnel that leads to a cave. Stake-out, my friend, and no pizza delivery for thousands of miles. I also glance at the area around my ass every ten to fifteen seconds to avoid another scorpion sting. I've actually given up battling the chiggers and sand fleas, but the scorpions give a jolt like a cattle prod. Hurts like a bastard. The antidote tastes like transmission fluid, but God bless the Marine Corps for the five vials of it in my pack. The one truth the Taliban cannot escape is that, believe it or not, they are human beings, which means they have to eat food and drink water. That requires couriers and that's where an old bounty hunter like me comes in handy. I track the couriers, locate the tunnel entrances and storage facilities, type the info into the hand held, and shoot the coordinates up to the satellite link that tells the air commanders where to drop the hardware. We bash some heads for a while, and then I track and record the new movement. It's all about intelligence. We haven't even brought in the snipers yet. These scurrying rats have no idea what they're in for. We are but days away from cutting off supply lines and allowing the eradication to begin. But you know me; I'm a romantic. I've said it before and I'll say it again: This country blows, man. It's not even a country. There are no roads, there's no infrastructure, there's no government.

This is an inhospitable, rock-pit ****-hole ruled by eleventh century warring tribes. There are no jobs here like we know jobs. Afghanistan offers only two ways for a man to support his family, join the opium trade or join the army. That's it. Those are your options. Oh, I forgot, you can also live in a refugee camp and eat plum-sweetened, crushed beetle paste and squirt mud like a goose with stomach flu, if that's your idea of a party. But the smell alone of those 'tent cities of the walking dead' is enough to hurl you into the poppy fields to cheerfully scrape bulbs for eighteen hours a day.

I've been living with these Tajiks and Uzbeks, and Turkmen and even a couple of Pashtu's, for over a month-and-a-half now and this much I can say for sure; these guys, are Huns, actual, living Huns. They LIVE to fight. It's what they do. It's ALL they do. They have no respect for anything; not for themselves, their families, or for each other. They claw at one another as a way of life. They play polo with dead calves and force their five-year-old sons into human cockfights to defend the family honor. Just Huns, roaming packs of savage, heartless beasts who feed on each other's barbarism. Cavemen with AK-47's. Then again, maybe I'm just a cranky young bastard. I'm freezing my ass off on this stupid hill because my lap warmer is running out of juice, and I can't recharge it until the sun comes up in a few hours. Oh yeah! You like to write letters, right? Do me a favor, Bizarre. Write a letter to CNN and tell Wolf and Anderson and that awful, sneering, pompous Aaron Brown to stop calling the Taliban "smart." They are not smart. I suggest CNN invest in a dictionary because the word they are looking for is "cunning." The Taliban are cunning, like jackals, hyenas, and wolverines. They are sneaky and ruthless, and when confronted, they are cowardly. They are hateful, malevolent parasites who create nothing and destroy everything else.

Smart? Bull****! Yeah, they're real smart. Most can't read, but they've spent their entire lives listening to Imams telling them about only one book and its not a very good one, as books go. They consider hygiene and indoor plumbing to be products of the devil. They're still trying to figuring out how to work a Bic lighter. Talking to a Taliban warrior about improving his quality of life is like trying to teach an ape how to hold a pen. Eventually he just gets frustrated and sticks you in the eye with it. OK, enough. Snuffle will be up soon, so I have to get back to my hole. Covering my tracks in the snow takes a lot of practice, but I'm good at it.

Please, I tell you and my fellow Americans to turn off the TV sets and move on with your lives. The story line you are getting from CNN and other news agencies is utter bull**** and designed not to deliver truth but rather to keep you glued to the screen so you will watch the next commercial. We've got this one under control. The worst thing you guys can do right now is sit around analyzing what we're doing over here. You have no idea what we're doing, and you really don't want to know. We are your military, and we are only doing what you sent us here to do.

From a Jack Recon Marine in Afghanistan, Semper Fi. "Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps is paying most of your share." Send this to YOUR FRIENDS so that people there will really know what is going on over here. God Bless America.

Why would any civilized country want to bring these barbarians into their cities or states. To do so is total suicidal insanity!

Old 02-06-2017, 12:25 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,546,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
This video, and the statement from one of our Marines should make you think long and hard about the sovereignty of our nation and who can, and cannot enter
The United States of America

First view this video:

In its latest video, ISIS places bound prisoners in an abandoned building and then lets loose child soldiers to hunt and kill them.

Clarion Project condemns ISIS and its action with every fiber in our collective body but believes the truth must be told about the evil that is ISIS. That is why we decided to publish this video.

WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC CONTENT:

http://video.clarionproject.org/2017...s-building.mp4

Then, read this and make, or confirm, your decision:
It's freezing here. I'm sitting on hard cold dirt between rocks and shrubs at the base of the Hindu Kush Mountains, along the Dar'yoi Pamir River, watching a hole that leads to a tunnel that leads to a cave. Stake-out, my friend, and no pizza delivery for thousands of miles. I also glance at the area around my ass every ten to fifteen seconds to avoid another scorpion sting. I've actually given up battling the chiggers and sand fleas, but the scorpions give a jolt like a cattle prod. Hurts like a bastard. The antidote tastes like transmission fluid, but God bless the Marine Corps for the five vials of it in my pack. The one truth the Taliban cannot escape is that, believe it or not, they are human beings, which means they have to eat food and drink water. That requires couriers and that's where an old bounty hunter like me comes in handy. I track the couriers, locate the tunnel entrances and storage facilities, type the info into the hand held, and shoot the coordinates up to the satellite link that tells the air commanders where to drop the hardware. We bash some heads for a while, and then I track and record the new movement. It's all about intelligence. We haven't even brought in the snipers yet. These scurrying rats have no idea what they're in for. We are but days away from cutting off supply lines and allowing the eradication to begin. But you know me; I'm a romantic. I've said it before and I'll say it again: This country blows, man. It's not even a country. There are no roads, there's no infrastructure, there's no government.

This is an inhospitable, rock-pit ****-hole ruled by eleventh century warring tribes. There are no jobs here like we know jobs. Afghanistan offers only two ways for a man to support his family, join the opium trade or join the army. That's it. Those are your options. Oh, I forgot, you can also live in a refugee camp and eat plum-sweetened, crushed beetle paste and squirt mud like a goose with stomach flu, if that's your idea of a party. But the smell alone of those 'tent cities of the walking dead' is enough to hurl you into the poppy fields to cheerfully scrape bulbs for eighteen hours a day.

I've been living with these Tajiks and Uzbeks, and Turkmen and even a couple of Pashtu's, for over a month-and-a-half now and this much I can say for sure; these guys, are Huns, actual, living Huns. They LIVE to fight. It's what they do. It's ALL they do. They have no respect for anything; not for themselves, their families, or for each other. They claw at one another as a way of life. They play polo with dead calves and force their five-year-old sons into human cockfights to defend the family honor. Just Huns, roaming packs of savage, heartless beasts who feed on each other's barbarism. Cavemen with AK-47's. Then again, maybe I'm just a cranky young bastard. I'm freezing my ass off on this stupid hill because my lap warmer is running out of juice, and I can't recharge it until the sun comes up in a few hours. Oh yeah! You like to write letters, right? Do me a favor, Bizarre. Write a letter to CNN and tell Wolf and Anderson and that awful, sneering, pompous Aaron Brown to stop calling the Taliban "smart." They are not smart. I suggest CNN invest in a dictionary because the word they are looking for is "cunning." The Taliban are cunning, like jackals, hyenas, and wolverines. They are sneaky and ruthless, and when confronted, they are cowardly. They are hateful, malevolent parasites who create nothing and destroy everything else.

Smart? Bull****! Yeah, they're real smart. Most can't read, but they've spent their entire lives listening to Imams telling them about only one book and its not a very good one, as books go. They consider hygiene and indoor plumbing to be products of the devil. They're still trying to figuring out how to work a Bic lighter. Talking to a Taliban warrior about improving his quality of life is like trying to teach an ape how to hold a pen. Eventually he just gets frustrated and sticks you in the eye with it. OK, enough. Snuffle will be up soon, so I have to get back to my hole. Covering my tracks in the snow takes a lot of practice, but I'm good at it.

Please, I tell you and my fellow Americans to turn off the TV sets and move on with your lives. The story line you are getting from CNN and other news agencies is utter bull**** and designed not to deliver truth but rather to keep you glued to the screen so you will watch the next commercial. We've got this one under control. The worst thing you guys can do right now is sit around analyzing what we're doing over here. You have no idea what we're doing, and you really don't want to know. We are your military, and we are only doing what you sent us here to do.

From a Jack Recon Marine in Afghanistan, Semper Fi. "Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps is paying most of your share." Send this to YOUR FRIENDS so that people there will really know what is going on over here. God Bless America.

Why would any civilized country want to bring these barbarians into their cities or states. To do so is total suicidal insanity!
Trumpies want to spend American blood and treasure fighting in the Middle East, while alienating our allies in nations such as Iraq.

It's madness, and many veterans of those conflicts know it.

<< U.S. combat veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan say they are outraged at the temporary ban on immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries that has blocked visas for Iraqi interpreters who risked their lives to help American troops on the battlefield.

Thousands of veterans have signed petitions. One soldier says he has bought a plane ticket for his Afghan translator in case that country is added to the list of banned nations.>>

Veterans protest travel ban, saying it hurts interpreters - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Here's what a former Marine Raider says of the travel ban.

Former Marine Raider explains how the travel ban endangers US special operations forces - Business Insider

Your quoted propaganda suggests that we are issuing visas to ISIS fighters. What baloney. You have no empathy or concern for the thousands, such as the Cleveland Clinic doctor whose story was told in the initial posts, who has had her life disrupted by the latest Trump political stunt.

If we're not going to seek out allies in the Middle East, we should get the hell out of there IMO. Do you approve of banning the Iraqi general in charge of anti-terrorist operations, whose family has been relocated to the U.S. for its safety, should be banned from entering the U.S.?

Iraqi general who works with American military kept from visiting U.S. - CBS News

And you clearly have no appreciation or concern about the immense damage that the travel ban is doing to the U.S. and Ohio economy, as described in links in this thread.

I don't challenge any administration's right to limit immigration. What I object to are ill-considered political stunts that do great harm and actually increase the danger to our nation and our military forces on the front lines, and which callously ignore the great damage done to individuals and to the American economy.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Fake spokesperson hilariously defending Trump's policies:

Melissa McCarthy is scathing as Sean Spicer on &apos;Saturday Night Live&apos; - LA Times

When will Chief Snowflake wake up and deliver his inevitable tweet in response:

Urban Dictionary: Snowflake

Note the defense of the travel "ban" in the skit.

Do you guys really believe anybody besides fellow Trumpies take you seriously when you use ridiculous insults and delusional comments to defend Trump policies?

CBS poll on travel ban:

<<Americans are divided on the president’s executive order that temporarily bans foreigners from entering the U.S. who are from seven majority Muslim countries – Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen – though more disapprove (51 percent) than approve (45 percent). The partisan differences are striking: 85 percent of Republicans approve, while an identical 85 percent of Democrats disapprove.>>

Americans sharply divided along partisan lines over travel ban, Trump: CBS News poll - CBS News

Old 02-06-2017, 10:56 AM

Default Snowflake speak

Trump denigrates any polls or reports that he doesn't like as "fake."

<<President Trump continued his assault on mainstream polling on Monday morning, tweeting that any poll showing his controversial immigration ban is unpopular is “fake news” and asserting his internal statistics are superior.>>

Trump on immigration order's popularity: 'Negative polls are fake news' | Fox Newsch

As to be expected, Trump tweeted to take exception to claims that Steve Bannon is Trump's puppet master, including the SNL satirical depiction of Bannon as the Grim Reaper pulling Trump's cords.

<<
I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it. Some FAKE NEWS media, in order to marginalize, lies!
7:07 AM - 6 Feb 2017>>

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...oreign-leaders

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/06/u...istration.html

How many in the Trump administration active in formulating the travel ban believed that there had been a massacre in Bowling Green, Kentucky, as initially claimed by Kellyanne Conway?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.02cc4215f4f5

Note the following from the above NYT article.

<<A bipartisan group of former National Security Council officials also filed court documents opposing the ban.>>

<<
It’s official: Silicon Valley really, really despises Mr. Trump’s immigration order.
Overnight, 97 companies — most of them technology firms, including Apple, Facebook, Google and Microsoft — filed a legal brief arguing that the ban is unconstitutional and harms the interests of American businesses.>>

The Trump justice department has until Tuesday to explain in federal court why the Cleveland Clinic doctor blocked by the Trump administration from entering the country should not have her visa reinstated. It will be interesting whether the Trump DOJ wants to defend this egregious result of the travel ban and further alienate a large sector of the northeastern Ohio community.

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justi...ruling_on.html

Last edited by WRnative; 02-06-2017 at 11:19 AM..

Old 02-07-2017, 03:53 PM

Default One happy ending

The Sudanese Cleveland Clinic resident, backed by the political muscle of the Clinic, was allowed to return to Cleveland.

Sudanese Cleveland Clinic resident removed from U.S. returns | cleveland.com

Old 02-17-2017, 02:56 AM

The Pew Research Center is perhaps the most respected, independent polling center in the U.S. It found that 59 percent approve of the travel ban and 38 percent oppose it.

2. Views of Trump

Old 02-17-2017, 10:38 AM

17,495 posts, read 12,443,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

That is "fake news".
Saucy Jack Letter
- Is the story at least believable? Not really — the narrative is rife with errors and inconsistencies: for example, Ab Gach, the panhandle, and the Hindu Kush mountains are all in the northeast portion of Afghanistan, not the northwest; scorpion antivenin is injected, not drunk; and a true “Recon Marine” wouldn’t be broadcasting specifics about his position and mission to the world at large. If this really was the work of a serviceman in Afghanistan, he was deliberately trying to be misleading or funny, not to convey an account of real events.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:17 PM

283 posts, read 371,699 times
I believe the Pew poll findings are the opposite- 59% oppose it
and 38% approve of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio