Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:17 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times

Advertisements

LOL ok well the Cavs have been doing great lately, but lost last night, it was an extremely close game though.

west, some people like the change of seasons. It is something that people look forward to, and if you don't want the "drastic" winters Cincinnati, Dayton and Columbus don't get harsh. And harsh in Ohio is nothing compared to the northern Midwest or NE. Fall and Spring are always nice in Ohio. Summer is just like anything else, and who doesn't mind some snowfall once in awhile? In fact the last few days have been cold, but it has been wall to wall sunshine. You want an overcast climate head to Seattle.

In 2010 Ohio is going to have one of the best tax incentives in the nation to bring in jobs. There are already plans to bring in many jobs from the tech field, I heard toyota is starting to spur some things down in SW Ohio. Cleveland was just named a tech city bringing in millions to jumpstart jobs. The medical field in Ohio is one of the fastest growing in the nation, and it keeps getting more diverse every year.

The south is growing out of control. I really like it down there, but the growth has gone unchecked for years, and now so many problems are starting to occur. Sorry, but I would take the good growth in Columbus over the explosive growth in Charlotte. There are so many myths to Ohio's population growth. Ohio, like I have stated in previous posts, has yet to experience population decline. In fact, the last 3-4 years Ohio has shown 35,000 growth per year. And even when states like New York, Michigan, Rhode Island and North Dakota have shown population decline, Ohio still has grown, granted last year was only 4,000, that is still growth, and we have yet to see that decline.

Every state has its problem's. But you must realize what Ohio offers. We are the 7th most populated state in the nation, we have large cities, large metro areas, and we have a diverse economy. Cities like Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron, Dayton, Toledo, and Columbus have all shown increases in the annual salaries. Yes, the nation is suffering, and in turn that is going to make state's economies suffer, but I hope this doesn't last long. Things are starting to turn around in Ohio, and that is being shown in our cities. Don't just base your opinion on a state, start looking at the facts first. You will be suprised.

The census bureau is working on the estimates at the current moment, once that is up and running I will post Ohio's population GROWTH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 02:28 PM

973 posts, read 2,142,324 times
We're big Cavs fans here too. Became a fan back in the Mark Price days. LOL Used to go see him sing at the Chapel. =)

Old 01-26-2008, 09:03 PM

151 posts, read 413,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Wow your name says it all. Its negative attitudes like yours that make me wonder. FLEE THE RUST BELT. Toledo is a great city with so much history and diversity. Things are changing. I can't wait to see how well the "Rust Belt" is doing in 15 years from now, and people like youself look back and see what stupid comments you said about this place.

Toledo offers one of the best art museums in the country, one of the best zoos, a great skyline, a new downtown ball park is planned, the Skyway Bridge was just finished, Toledo approved the Marina District across the Maumee from downtown. If you are from the Rust Belt, I am glad you left, because it is people like you who have no faith, and keep so much around you in the negative.
Art museums, bridges, zoos, and, um, "ball parks" don't create too many jobs that pay more than $10/hour.

The RUST BELT is more likely to be the Third World in 15 years than doing well. It has already replaced the Deep South as the armpit of America.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyezRule View Post
We're big Cavs fans here too. Became a fan back in the Mark Price days. LOL Used to go see him sing at the Chapel. =)

LOL its always a great time going to a Cavs game. We go get a bite to eat at the Hard Rock, then head to The "Q". The atmosphere there is crazy. How are the Jazz doing?

FleetheRustBelt, who cares about your opinion? How did the south do anything, when they are living in the highest poverty rates in the nation? Their incomes don't even come close to that of the Midwest's. You come from Oregon according to your location which has a higher unemployment rate than Ohio. You aren't even doing any research, you are just going by your opinion and stating them as facts, that is completely the wrong thing to do. Third world?!?! LMAO. The diversification in our economy is doing well and is only getting better. Being from Oregon you have no room to talk.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:59 PM

Old 01-26-2008, 11:01 PM

That picture I just posted has Queen City Phase 2 which I believe is going to be the Great American Building. That will be Cincinnati's new tallest which is going to be under construction in the springtime, and is a very nice addition to the skyline.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:17 AM

37 posts, read 143,704 times
Wink Urban Skyline

Commercially, downtown Toledo is half the size it was fifty years ago. Yet, if you want a glimpse of the skyline you need to drive over the Anthony Wayne suspension bridge (known to locals as The High-level Bridge), or the new I-280 bridge, which has a rather long name "Glass City Veterans Memorial Skyway". It is a cable-stayed bridge that cost ODOT $60M. The bridge next to it is the former I-280 bridge and is a lift bridge.

Another lift bridge right downtown is The MLK Bridge. At the east end is the site of the Sports Arena which was built in 1947 and razed in 2007. A new hockey arena is being built downtown on Huron Street; supposedly will open in 2009 and is to be the home of a new ECHL team- The Toledo Walleyes.

Last edited by flinty; 04-11-2008 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: history

Old 04-11-2008, 12:04 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinty View Post
a new ECHL team- The Toledo Walleyes.
What a great name! I love it!

Although just thinking about walleye is making me hungry ...

Old 04-11-2008, 01:54 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,719,836 times
^ Don't forget about the Peckerheads!

Old 04-11-2008, 09:16 PM

14 posts, read 47,684 times
Are you people serious???? You actually consider manmade concrete eyesores to be "Skyline"? What ever happened to "Look at that beautiful sunrise/sunset over the lake and the trees" You can blow up a building but you can't take out a mountain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio