Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 11:39 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,937,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Well now I'm afraid to google it. LOL. So, it isn't hiking?
If you use Facebook, try one of the Gunnison beach groups. There are lots of PA folks on there who post about various events, local and otherwise. The 2 groups I am aware of are "Gunnison Beach No Tan Lines" and "The Sandy Hookers / Gunnison Beach." Both are not traditional "open" FB groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 03:05 AM

2 posts, read 3,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_s View Post
I'm not familiar with your immediate area, but Beechwood is another option: https://sites.google.com/site/pabeechwood/
(since it is a family friendly resort, it might be more of your cup of tea than Sunny Rest)

Gunnison is another awesome place to hang out, although last time I was over at Sandy Hook the beach was half missing due to Hurricane Sandy. Haven't been over there this year yet.
For anyone who didn't go there this year, Gunnison is now back pretty much the way it was before Hurricane Sandy. They didn't have working bathrooms early in the spring before the official opening on Memorial Day, so they used a row of Porta-Potties instead. By midsummer almost everything was back to normal except the snack bar that used to be in the middle of the nude section, which was not rebuilt. I think it's because this was run by the same people that run the Seagull's Nest (or whatever the name of that restaurant is that's inside Sandy Hook), and they were having tremendous problems getting the building back in shape. Instead there was a snack truck by the bathhouses, which was impractical to go to if you were already on the beach. I hope the restaurant and the snack bar on the beach will be in place next season.

I normally go to Gunnison half a dozen times or so per season, and there's a easy solution to the parking lot crowding -- just go later. If you show up at 3:00 pm or so, there's lots of room in the parking lot and you still have plenty of daylight left. Of course that's true at any beach, but the nude beach at Gunnison is so popular that the parking problem can get very bad.

Mike T

Old 02-12-2014, 07:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,537 times
I would love to try a nudist place for the first time.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:37 AM

22 posts, read 42,067 times
Sunny Rest is friendly and close.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:52 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,346,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLisaW-B View Post
Hi Again,
I, as a recently singled woman am looking to join a naturist group. When I was with my boyfriend we used to vacation at SunnyRest in the poconos. Are there any such places like it in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Area. I am just seeing if any organizations exist in Luzerne Lackawanna Counties or if Stroudesburg is my only option. Please do not spam up my post!
Thanks!
I've been looking for one locally (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre) but there aren't any in this area. The nude beach at Sandy Hook gets quite crowded during the Summer months.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:32 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,947,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I've been looking for one locally (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre) but there aren't any in this area. The nude beach at Sandy Hook gets quite crowded during the Summer months.
Mike, I've heard there's plenty of room between Thanksgiving and Easter. You may want to take a thermos of hot coffee. A big thermos.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,228 times
Anyone near Gettysburg Pa?

Old 12-14-2023, 06:38 AM

1 posts, read 234 times
been looking for awhile

Old 12-14-2023, 05:49 PM

18 posts, read 7,624 times
i wouldnt mind gettin out and hikin too if you wanna meet up in sunbury im lookin for friends that wanna get outside i really like boats and side by sides but im cool with looking for mushrooms and building campfires too hmu my names nick im moving to sunbury

Old 12-15-2023, 06:18 AM

106,592 posts, read 108,739,314 times
at least i would be able to carry two cups of coffee and a dozen donuts with this lifestyle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania