Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 07:35 PM

23 posts, read 44,041 times

Advertisements

Hi Again,
I, as a recently singled woman am looking to join a naturist group. When I was with my boyfriend we used to vacation at SunnyRest in the poconos. Are there any such places like it in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Area. I am just seeing if any organizations exist in Luzerne Lackawanna Counties or if Stroudesburg is my only option. Please do not spam up my post!
Thanks!

Last edited by toobusytoday; 05-13-2013 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: Removed sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 07:09 AM

22 posts, read 42,055 times
Thats pretty much it. That and Gunneson.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,115,684 times
Would the appalachian mountain club interest you?

Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Would the appalachian mountain club interest you?
She said naturist, not naturalist...lolololol. Big difference

Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,936,722 times
I'm not familiar with your immediate area, but Beechwood is another option: https://sites.google.com/site/pabeechwood/
(since it is a family friendly resort, it might be more of your cup of tea than Sunny Rest)

Gunnison is another awesome place to hang out, although last time I was over at Sandy Hook the beach was half missing due to Hurricane Sandy. Haven't been over there this year yet.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:33 AM

22 posts, read 42,055 times
We saw folks on Facebook heading out to the beach, but I haven't seen anything of the damage. I know they are planning on officially opening on Memorial Day as usual.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:24 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_s View Post
I'm not familiar with your immediate area, but Beechwood is another option: https://sites.google.com/site/pabeechwood/
(since it is a family friendly resort, it might be more of your cup of tea than Sunny Rest)

Gunnison is another awesome place to hang out, although last time I was over at Sandy Hook the beach was half missing due to Hurricane Sandy. Haven't been over there this year yet.
I wonder why there are not one, but two naturist resorts in Carbon County? I'm kind of proud of that, considering how conservative the county is about most other things.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:33 PM

23 posts, read 44,041 times
When I lived near Baltimore we had groups that were naturist friendly, where we would meet in a public park at like 6 am and do yoga activities around sunrise(with permission of park authorities of course). Are there any naturist groups in the luzerne/lackawanna corridor?

Old 05-17-2013, 07:30 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,936,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I wonder why there are not one, but two naturist resorts in Carbon County? I'm kind of proud of that, considering how conservative the county is about most other things.
I know! Isn't it awesome? Also want to add that a few years ago, there was a huge brush fire on the Blue Mountain and groups of wildland firefighters from all across the state headed in to fight it. DCNR officials were scrambling to find lodging for the firefighters, and Sunny Rest was amazingly accommodating, willing to get a bunch of rooms ready immediately and at a great price. Not sure if their offer was taken up, as our local guys just came home to sleep.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:33 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,115,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
She said naturist, not naturalist...lolololol. Big difference
Well now I'm afraid to google it. LOL. So, it isn't hiking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania