Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:55 AM

550 posts, read 2,826,009 times

Advertisements

They are my neighbors. They had a beautiful daughter Gaby. She was a spunky little girl who had lungs the whole neighborhood could hear at bed time! She was a year older than my youngest son so would come over sometimes to play. It was great fun watching her grow up. When we moved here she was 2. What a beautiful girl. A few months ago she died of face cancer.

I wish I had known you CD "family" when this was all happening. I had so many feelings and questions and had no idea how to deal with her illness and sickness with my kids let alone my own feelings. I could have used all of your advice and support so much. This is why I would like to share the life and family of sweet little Gaby with you. This family is the strongest most courageous family I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I can not say enough about them. They are very much keeping Gaby alive with all the awareness work they are doing. They have gone as far as to have 10,000 trees planted across Canada in Gaby's name. They are doing their best to keep Gaby's website going so the whole world can see what a wonderful brave girl she was.

Rest in peace sweet princess Gaby.

Gaby's Story (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 12:27 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,537 times
Gaby's Story (broken link)

Old 06-13-2007, 02:15 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,657,750 times
Aw sweet baby girl...

Old 06-13-2007, 03:09 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
That breaks my heart

Old 06-13-2007, 03:14 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
This is like twice in a week I've cried. Kids are awesome. Really hits me hard to see kids injured or dying. Things are better now for her anyway.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:16 PM

She really was a special girl. I remember last summer she ran over to our yard to see what my kids were digging up on the front lawn. I looked out the window at her and was blown away at how grown up she looked. Its funny how kids can grow up so quickly over night.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:53 PM

Location: Phoenix...until next week, then Maryland...tick tock tick tock
169 posts, read 607,914 times
Jeez, that was painful to read. I know there is a purpose to everything, but as a fairly NOOB mommy, I really want to go snuggle with my son before I lock him in a sickness-proof bubble...

I have so much respect for both little Gaby (& others like her) & her parents. What incredible strength they have to go through something like that. It amazes me, too, how strong many of those kids are, too. I try to picture myself going through an illness like that, & it just blows my mind.

I sincerely hope I never have to be that strong...

Old 06-16-2007, 01:44 PM

18 posts, read 43,310 times
hi,

sorry to hear about the lost of gaby, and i wish you the family many blessings in your awareness work....good luck and be strong..

Old 06-20-2007, 08:58 AM

942 posts, read 2,584,325 times
Default How hearbreaking

I could not finish going through the whole web site. I am so sorry for your loss and could not even imagine what Gaby's family is going through. To think that her parents we trying to do everything right by taking her to different doctors and it was always minimized. How does an ear infection lead to cancer??? All of the doctors that misdiagnosed her and would not further test het should have there licienses taken away. There is no excuse for not properly treating her. She looked like such a beautiful child; Gods little angel. My prayers are with ALL of you.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:37 AM

Thank you for such kind words. It is so unfair how the family was treated by the doctors. How dare they blow the family off like that, be rude to them and tell them to go home. When I saw her right before she was diagnosed I was shocked at how her face looked. It was so clear that it wasn't just a sinus infection. The family had to push to get the proper diagnosis and by then it was too late. In one of the newspaper articles the parents said "if she had been diagnosed earlier we would be tucking her into bed tonight." What an awful thing to have to live with. I haven't heard of any lawsuits but I would think they would have a pretty good chance of winning a malpractice case.

As I watch the family going on with their lives I take strength in how strong they are. I don't think I could handle it all nearly as well as they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships