Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 03:17 PM

61,837 posts, read 87,314,674 times

Advertisements

OP - Maybe because quality food, lean meat and fresh produce is more expensive than a bag of chips?
Many live in food deserts and can't access quality stores, just dollar and convenience stores, and junk food joints.
Those who watch tv all day obviously don't work, so maybe some are disabled physically or mentally?
Or maybe lack of work turned on the "I don't care" attitude?
Or maybe they have never been told about healthy nutritions, healthy cooking or budgeting their money in more efficient way?
There could be so many reasons... take your time to think about them.

Old 12-07-2022, 03:24 PM

61,837 posts, read 87,314,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
They’re paid to just be there to help as needed. So they can do whatever they want. They watch TV and eat junk. I’m not disparaging then or criticizing them; I’m just sincerely curious about how someone could do that. But now I see.
If you're so concerned - try to occupy them more or maybe you should try to teach them some healthier life habits?
Some people genuinely don't know better. How many of them work for you? Maybe you could do some group sessions, coach them how to do better in life than be a domestic help? Do they speak English?

Old 12-07-2022, 03:25 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,755,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
They’re paid to just be there to help as needed. So they can do whatever they want. They watch TV and eat junk. I’m not disparaging then or criticizing them; I’m just sincerely curious about how someone could do that. But now I see.
I do not understand this arrangement at all. Like so many of your stories, there is something BIG missing. Is this some kind of supervised residential arrangement you have to be in for some reason, and these are your caregivers?

If not, I wish you would answer some questions so we can get a clearer picture of this situation.

Who are these people working for?
Why are you not helping if you are also in the house 24/7 observing these people?
How many of them are there? 2? 20? Why is there more than one?
What are their duties? Has anyone indicated what they should be doing when they are not "needed"?
Are they there every day from the time you wake up until bedtime?
Who buys and brings in their junk food?

And most importantly, are these the same people forcing you to eat food when you are already full?

Old 12-07-2022, 03:58 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,285,659 times
Once again, good evening all!

Unfortunately, June has to shut this one down...It really doesn't pertain to non-romantic relationships. It pertains to some oddly unhealthy action that some individuals do. I guess one could say it remotely addresses some people's relationship to what they eat? But, that being said:

Thread closed.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships