Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:03 AM

43 posts, read 127,684 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info guys every bit helps...let's continue to keep each other posted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 12:48 PM

29 posts, read 89,702 times
I couldn't help but to call again to see if I can get an update and here is what they told me today. Basically, they submit applications to the city in groups. As of right now, they've already submitted their "preference group" to the city and some have been approved, which is why hitokiri was already offered an apartment. I gave the lady my log number (which is in the mid 800's) and she said that that specific "group" is still waiting to be sumbitted to the City, and that it can take at most 60 days to hear anything back from that specific group. She suggested that I continue to send over my most recent paystubs to update my file and make sure that once it is time for my app to be submitted, nothing delays it (such as paystubs or most recent bank statements).

I'm not too happy about having to wait at most another 2 months to hear about this apartment but there is not much else I can do. I really want to move into this complex! Hope this info helps you guys.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM

454 posts, read 528,678 times
Aww I hope you guys thats waiting do get a call soon. I just received a call yesterday beening approved for the Boricua Village Apartments,and my interview was Nov 09'! Talk about waiting and beening on edge lol. Hopefully ya'll wont have to wait that long like I have.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymarrero View Post
I couldn't help but to call again to see if I can get an update and here is what they told me today. Basically, they submit applications to the city in groups. As of right now, they've already submitted their "preference group" to the city and some have been approved, which is why hitokiri was already offered an apartment. I gave the lady my log number (which is in the mid 800's) and she said that that specific "group" is still waiting to be sumbitted to the City, and that it can take at most 60 days to hear anything back from that specific group. She suggested that I continue to send over my most recent paystubs to update my file and make sure that once it is time for my app to be submitted, nothing delays it (such as paystubs or most recent bank statements).

I'm not too happy about having to wait at most another 2 months to hear about this apartment but there is not much else I can do. I really want to move into this complex! Hope this info helps you guys.
Wow! Thanks for that info Cindy! I know that it kinda sucks to hear but it's definitely good to know. Once I realized that Hitokiri and d116 both interviewed back in March I figured they were still approving preferences as they began the process way back then. I guess we can throw out the window "you'll hear something in a few weeks" especially since they told d116 that months ago! Well we know we're waiting for city approval which is just to confirm income eligibilty requirements after that we're good as long as they don't run out of apartments. I really want to move there too so I'm willing to wait. I just really hope it's before it gets cold.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemylayla View Post
Aww I hope you guys thats waiting do get a call soon. I just received a call yesterday beening approved for the Boricua Village Apartments,and my interview was Nov 09'! Talk about waiting and beening on edge lol. Hopefully ya'll wont have to wait that long like I have.
Thanks, that IS a really long time to wait! Congrats on the Boricua Village acceptance! Once person I know is moving into 508 and my friend got accepted for the building on 162nd but she hasn't been able to see the apartment yet because of the construction. Hopefully we'll all be living side by side in harmony real soon!

Old 07-29-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymarrero View Post
She suggested that I continue to send over my most recent paystubs to update my file and make sure that once it is time for my app to be submitted, nothing delays it (such as paystubs or most recent bank statements).
Btw, was it your leasing agent you spoke to or the receptionist? What are you supposed to do just randomly send in these docs unwarranted if it was the receptionist? I feel like as the leasing agent they may not be too happy about that...just my thoughts.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:38 PM

454 posts, read 528,678 times
@Cinn421

When I was going through the process,I had to continue sending in paystubs to my leasing agent also. Plus if your paperwork is 120 days old,you have to get stuff re-notarized. But im not sure if the rules are the same for NorthRose.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemylayla View Post
@Cinn421

When I was going through the process,I had to continue sending in paystubs to my leasing agent also. Plus if your paperwork is 120 days old,you have to get stuff re-notarized. But im not sure if the rules are the same for NorthRose.
Thanks, I'm pretty sure its the same. The process doesn't change for different developments. I guess we have to just do what we have to and roll with the punches.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:26 PM

And I've seen on other threads people have said they had docs notorized 3 times!! Maybe that's why...

Old 07-29-2010, 02:36 PM

29 posts, read 89,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinn421 View Post
Btw, was it your leasing agent you spoke to or the receptionist? What are you supposed to do just randomly send in these docs unwarranted if it was the receptionist? I feel like as the leasing agent they may not be too happy about that...just my thoughts.
I have no idea who I spoke to, to be honest. I just called the main number that was on my original letter stating that my application was selected in the lottery. I've been faxing my paystubs over after multiple attempts to email them, because whenever I emailed them I wasnt sure if she was even getting them since I never got a response. Plus, the idea of my pasytubs with all of my personal info just sitting in someone's hackable email didnt rub me the right way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City