Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:06 AM

461 posts, read 2,004,255 times

Advertisements

I just hope this new building in the Bronx caters to and rents to working middle class people only, not subsidized tenants. I can guarantee you that if they decided to rent to low-income "program people", the building will turn to crap and I give it the most 5 years before the building looks beyond its actual age and a bit run down due to vandalism and neglect on the tenant side who don't appreciate nothing. And all those millions of dollars invested in constructing this building will go to waste because the people who reside in it are animals. What a shame. Let's see if my prediction holds true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 11:31 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,431,776 times
I think there is at least one "low-income" building, but the majority are working/middle class. I see good things for this development, I think it is more likely to take the community to the next level rather than drag it down (as if that were even possible!)

Old 07-19-2010, 01:12 PM

29 posts, read 89,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinn421 View Post
Hi Cindy,

Just checking in to see if you've heard anything thus far. So far nothing on my end but as they say no news is good news. Lol. I checked with my HR department and they haven't done income verification yet, so the waiting game continues...

I havent heard anything yet either. I called on Thursday and they said that they JUST completed the submission of my application (she said this after i told her my log #) and that it could take a few more weeks to hear anything. I asked again about the approximate move in date and she said that they were shooting for August or September... maybe you should give a call to see if what they tell you coincides with what they told me? I'm going to give it a few more weeks before losing all hope. Keep me posted on your status as well!

Old 07-19-2010, 03:04 PM

43 posts, read 127,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I think there is at least one "low-income" building, but the majority are working/middle class. I see good things for this development, I think it is more likely to take the community to the next level rather than drag it down (as if that were even possible!)
The Boricua Village complex actually consists of 7 residential buildings. Three of them are actually called Boricua Village and those are the low income buildings, the other four are the Northrose which are the middle income buildings. I think this project is going to do great things for the Sobro as well as all the other developments in the works and the ones that were recently built.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymarrero View Post
I havent heard anything yet either. I called on Thursday and they said that they JUST completed the submission of my application (she said this after i told her my log #) and that it could take a few more weeks to hear anything. I asked again about the approximate move in date and she said that they were shooting for August or September... maybe you should give a call to see if what they tell you coincides with what they told me? I'm going to give it a few more weeks before losing all hope. Keep me posted on your status as well!
Ok so I called and they pretty much told me the same thing except they didn't say they completed the submission of my app she said it was in process and I should hear something in the next few weeks. She also said they are going to be moving people in by the of the month. If you don't mind my asking what is your log #, mine is in the high 100's. From what I understand, they don't necessarily interview in log# order but the apartments are assigned in log# order from the eligible applicants. This is what I was told by someone who works for a management company that works with HPD and HDC. But I definitely say don't give up hope, if they were going to deny you they would have done so already. If they submitted your app to HDC that means they're getting the green light from the city and you're almost there!

Old 07-20-2010, 09:47 AM

37 posts, read 97,248 times
Hi,

I'm also waiting to hear back on the northrose apartments. I called yesterday and the receptionist told me mid to late August for move in and then I also spoke with my leasing agent Ms. Guzman who stated the applications are being processed in alphabetical order. (My log number is in the mid 800's.) I'm anxious as well to get that phone call...hopefully sooner rather than later.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:05 PM

Well it's nice to know there's someone else out there playing the waiting game...when was your interview JoMi? Just trying to guage whether you're in that month or so waiting range as well. Alphabetical order really?? That's interesting well if Cindy's was just submitted mine shouldn't be far behind as my last name begins with M as well and judging from your username I'm thinking yours might as well?...I guess there's no use in trying to analyze the methodology in their processing as it just causes more anxiety. lol. They told us we should hear something in a couple weeks so hopefully we'll all know something soon.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:42 PM

29 posts, read 89,757 times
My log # is in the mid 800's as well. The methodology sounds strange but I agree that its nice to know I'm not the only one who is anxiously waiting! And really Cinn, they are trying to move people in by the end of the month! Wow... that's SOON!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:51 PM

I was so happy to see this thread bc I thought I was alone with the whole process. My last name starts with an O...so I'm right behind you two! My interview was on June 12th and I submitted my completed application on June 15th. i couldnt help but call again and spoke to receptionist about my log # and she told me my application was with the leasing agent for processing/review and to wait for a call back! I'm hoping for an early August move in!!!!

Old 07-20-2010, 02:13 PM

I also called my HR office who stated they sent my income verification form on June 30th!!! Woooo...at least I know things are being verified! I've become obsessed with this apt thing. i just can't wait to see the apt itself and enjoy all those great amenities!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City