Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 05:08 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
As long as what they are doing falls firmly under the category of "speech" (chanting, singing, holding up signs, etc.) yes. Once the protestors cross the line into action the law should allow the police and the courts to come down on them like the hammer of Thor.
That's not what I was asking. I asked, was the Councilperson without merit to make the tweet.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2024, 03:36 PM

427 posts, read 153,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The cops should disband it themselves by refusing to volunteer for these units. They’re absolutely insane doing anything beyond the bare minimum in NYC.
They should refuse to serve as tools of a corrupt and oppressive fascist regime that hates them, but here we are. Pensions and healthcare are a strong motivator apparently.

Old 03-24-2024, 03:44 PM

1,246 posts, read 313,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
That's not what I was asking. I asked, was the Councilperson without merit to make the tweet.
What does that even mean? Opinions, by definition, do not require merit.

Old 03-24-2024, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
They should refuse to serve as tools of a corrupt and oppressive fascist regime that hates them, but here we are. Pensions and healthcare are a strong motivator apparently.
The city DEI’ed the NYPD and then set a salary of $120K after 5 years. 10 years, most are easily clearing $150K. The vast majority would be hard pressed to find a job making half that initial $120K even after 10 years.

This was not all done by mistake. Classic golden handcuffs. The vast majority will cater to the system in power.

Meanwhile most NYPD don’t even live in NYC so why would they care anyway?

Old 03-24-2024, 04:40 PM

19,033 posts, read 13,944,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
The majority of the NYPD does nothing but answer 911 calls for service. Regardless of who is in charge. It would be stupid to give up that job on account of wishful thinking politics. But refusing to do EXTRA, which does delve into that realm, is a different story.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-24-2024, 09:13 PM

10,059 posts, read 14,935,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
Deliberate policy. No one is that dumb. The question is what is the goal?
You are setting yourself up for one big surprise. Do you really don’t know how dumb people can be? I’m not talking a little mistake here and there, I’m talking dumb as a rock.

I’m not saying the whole “defund the police” is something being promoted just by dumb people, but what I’m saying is don’t be surprised if they turnout to be truly dumb.

I have met a lot of people in several countries. Trust me, there are some very dumb people out there. It doesn’t mean they aren’t fun to be around, but don’t talk about anything serious. Just don’t.

Old 03-24-2024, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
You are setting yourself up for one big surprise. Do you really don’t know how dumb people can be? I’m not talking a little mistake here and there, I’m talking dumb as a rock.

I’m not saying the whole “defund the police” is something being promoted just by dumb people, but what I’m saying is don’t be surprised if they turnout to be truly dumb.
Plenty of dummies among the supporters like some on this forum. Among the higher ups, I don’t belive there are too many dummies.

Old 03-24-2024, 09:27 PM

3,183 posts, read 1,657,476 times
I'm all for it, since the cops only make arrest on citizens that are trying to protect their property from foreign invaders. They've become the tools of the woke.

Old 03-24-2024, 10:19 PM

15,827 posts, read 14,466,566 times
Nowadays, not so much. At times in the past, probably.

I ran into some of the unscheduled, spontaneous BLM protests. The cops were very restrained in dealing with the protesters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

Old 03-25-2024, 05:50 AM

19,012 posts, read 14,191,607 times
Perhaps that function should be returned to the county sheriff's jurisdiction. Or a new force, the Empire Rangers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City