Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 11:19 AM

1,474 posts, read 765,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Who's everyone else? The newly-appointed chaplain is a friend of hers and that's why she was invited to speak. Politics aside, is there anything wrong with her giving a speech at a promotion ceremony?
It’s usually the mayor invited to speak per the reports. Tradition broken (just for reference)

65 other people were promoted. Where were there friends speeches ? That’s where the issue comes in. It’s favoritism.

It seems that anyone that goes against her is punished. National guard in subways. Business’s ran out of this state. Dictatorship soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2024, 11:20 AM

8,096 posts, read 7,467,481 times
Firemen are now being hunted down for exercising their free speech rights. Not long ago firemen were held up as heroes around the USA but especially in NYC.

Said to see the apparatus of the State may now be used against them, unless cooler heads prevail.

Old 03-10-2024, 11:21 AM

7,962 posts, read 9,178,221 times
Quote:
Who's everyone else? The newly-appointed chaplain is a friend of hers and that's why she was invited to speak. Politics aside, is there anything wrong with her giving a speech at a promotion ceremony?
Yes there is. Everyone else had a loved one there who they would love to talk about. Why does James get to do it? Her position of power got her the ability to talk at the ceremony and conversely got her the negative attention as well.

No reason for her to be there. She best get used to scorn and ridicule when out in public where she isnt wanted.

For her sake I hope she doesnt go to NYPD ceremonies.

Old 03-10-2024, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
They may start hand-picking who goes to these events if they can't threaten the officers into silence.

Old 03-10-2024, 11:31 AM

And another thing -- these firefighters -- New York's Bravest -- are welcome in my church any time.

Old 03-10-2024, 11:34 AM

34,120 posts, read 47,349,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
It’s usually the mayor invited to speak per the reports. Tradition broken (just for reference)

65 other people were promoted. Where were there friends speeches ? That’s where the issue comes in. It’s favoritism.

It seems that anyone that goes against her is punished. National guard in subways. Business’s ran out of this state. Dictatorship soon.
Can we confirm that tradition was broken on purpose? If we can verify that this was fact, that would be helpful. I don't operate on conspiracy theories.

Do we also know if anybody else being promoted asked their friend to give a speech? Politics aside, I just want to know what is wrong with her giving a speech at a graduation ceremony.

If a politician that you liked was there to give a speech, and they got booed in a house of worship prior to introducing a newly-appointed chaplain (of all positions), would you be ok with that? I don't think anybody would.

I remember when Bloomberg and deBlasio both came out to the Rockaways and got booed. Only difference is that they were both outside on the street.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-10-2024, 11:35 AM

34,120 posts, read 47,349,444 times
Quote:
Yes there is. Everyone else had a loved one there who they would love to talk about. Why does James get to do it? Her position of power got her the ability to talk at the ceremony and conversely got her the negative attention as well.

No reason for her to be there. She best get used to scorn and ridicule when out in public where she isnt wanted.

Well if anybody else asked to give a speech and got denied, then your point is valid. But I saw no proof of that happening. Do you place blame on the chaplain as well?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-10-2024, 11:43 AM

1,302 posts, read 345,601 times
Quote:
James could have sat in the audience to watch her friend get promoted. Just like everyone else that was there. Did everyone else get to talk?

No reason for anyone to have to hear Tish open her mouth. She is irrelevant to the ceremony.
You have to understand what’s going on here. This is about the projection of power. They know this story is controversial and would get traction. They didn’t have to publicly announce going after whoever did that.

This is about Adams *chocolate city* and sending a message.

Old 03-10-2024, 11:45 AM

1,302 posts, read 345,601 times
Quote:
Can we confirm that tradition was broken on purpose? If we can verify that this was fact, that would be helpful. I don't operate on conspiracy theories.

Do we also know if anybody else being promoted asked their friend to give a speech? Politics aside, I just want to know what is wrong with her giving a speech at a graduation ceremony.

If a politician that you liked was there to give a speech, and they got booed in a house of worship prior to introducing a newly-appointed chaplain (of all positions), would you be ok with that? I don't think anybody would.

I remember when Bloomberg and deBlasio both came out to the Rockaways and got booed. Only difference is that they were both outside on the street.
Don’t make this about being in the church. It’s irrelevant and that’s not why they’re trying to retaliate. You’re using the church as a cover to excuse corrupt behavior.

Old 03-10-2024, 11:49 AM

1,474 posts, read 765,856 times
Quote:

I don’t think people should be punished when they have free speech. Even if I don’t agree with the speech. Bad precedent to set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City