Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 11:45 AM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
I had to watch myself back in the days when visiting Coney Island Amusement Park.
I saw for myself young children being taught this ancient but profitable slight of hand.

Men.
Here is a wonderfulf deterrent. Always carry wallet in front pocket.
Where slightly tighter pants than usual. You want to feel your wallet.
Make sure your pockets are mid forearm deep. Toss the wrist deep.

Finally.
Wrap layers of rubberbands around your wallet.
This creates unbelievable friction.
Yes. You will be inconvenienced.
Just trying to spare some pain.
Best Wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Good info.

Whenever I go into large crowds which isn't often, I always put my wallet in my front pocket.
I keep my wallet in my front pocket all the time, always have. When I am in crowds, I keep my hand in the front pocket on top of the wallet. Never, ever had a problem.

When they are pick pocketing you and stealing your Rolex, just keep muttering to yourself, "diversity is our strength".

The more problems these illegals cause, the more votes against Demented Joe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2024, 11:55 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I can see where Coney Island would be an easy mark. I have yet to figure out how to bring my "wallet" into the ocean with me when I go swimming!
Go to better beaches. I’ve never feared for my property at the NJ beaches. No savs there.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-30-2024, 11:59 AM

2,437 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Please tell me how that comment was racist? My niece is black. These aren't my thoughts but the thoughts of liberals which are completely unfounded as they all have ID of some sort.
I'm agreeing with you.

Old 01-30-2024, 12:23 PM

3,183 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Pretty soon all of the illicit reasons Americans would fly to Colombia wouldn't be necessary. These enterprising migrants will setup shop here and snake their way around the law to give us all of those illicit services.

Pickpocket was a top skill in Colombia where a woman standing on the corner would get your attention and then 2 guys will approach you from behind and say nice things about the girl while another one picks your pocket.

Last summer was a pretty good eye opener to what services became quickly available when NYPD was still hamstrung and understaffed.

Recently Mayor Adams indicated he will do more but the city council wants to pass more red tape to cause police stoppage.

Criminals voting for criminal friendly politicians in the city council which will make NYC the #1 illicit behavior capital of the US within a few months as these migrants funnel over drugs, women, children, all kinds of stuff.

Old 01-30-2024, 01:13 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,524,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

Can you imagine 172K more people living in squalor.
Many of them will feel right at home living in miserable conditions. It would be like they never left home. Well except for the generous social benefits that they will get from Uncle Sugar.

Old 01-30-2024, 01:29 PM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Hypocritical and unbelievably racist. Par for the course.
Can you explain to me how that is racist? Thinking that a minority is incapable of obtaining an ID is racist. Like do you think they are too stupid to get one?

Old 01-30-2024, 01:59 PM

3,183 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Please tell me how that comment was racist? My niece is black. These aren't my thoughts but the thoughts of liberals which are completely unfounded as they all have ID of some sort.
The reason for withholding identity because POC are afraid that having their IDs used will automatically trigger some kind of incarceration due to outstanding warrants for violations such as failure to appear in court for child support.

That's why the Dems usually don't want POC to need their IDs to vote in fear they would get arrested on the spot for violation of probation or warrants.

Old 01-30-2024, 02:09 PM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
I'm agreeing with you.
OK - sarcasm - I miss it all the time

Old 01-30-2024, 02:16 PM

2,437 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Can you explain to me how that is racist? Thinking that a minority is incapable of obtaining an ID is racist. Like do you think they are too stupid to get one?
Thinking a minority can not get an ID is incredibly racist. Not sure why my comment was so misread. Dems are against voter ID. Thier argument boils down to their constituents are to stupid to get one.

Old 01-30-2024, 05:19 PM

814 posts, read 580,354 times
Ladies, make sure your handbag is not dangling over your shoulder above your backside. Hold it in front of you, closed and zipped with your hand on the strap above the zipper, which should be closed in front of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City