Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 04:55 AM

5,833 posts, read 2,955,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
Suppose that’s true ( I have my doubts, Americans are far richer today than in the 1950s, and I never saw you complain about losing your house).

So which country should we model after ?
Everything in time has a sweet spot. There are more millionaires now in USA than ever before. Sweet spot for family structure is gone. Both parents have to work.

Which country? I don’t know. But time they are changing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2023, 07:55 PM

1,035 posts, read 674,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Everything in time has a sweet spot. There are more millionaires now in USA than ever before. Sweet spot for family structure is gone. Both parents have to work.

Which country? I don’t know. But time they are changing.
So let those migrants work and dream up about getting a house in the 'burbs and so one day they too can have a bunch of time to vent about nothing.

Old 10-19-2023, 09:06 PM

9 posts, read 3,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
So let those migrants work and dream up about getting a house in the 'burbs and so one day they too can have a bunch of time to vent about nothing.
Nice! I like that soft and happy liberalness.

Things won’t be all that bad when communism happens. Communism is like a cup of hot cocoa!

Old 10-23-2023, 07:27 AM

16,101 posts, read 6,863,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamwheel View Post
Nice! I like that soft and happy liberalness.

Things won’t be all that bad when communism happens. Communism is like a cup of hot cocoa!

Communism is over rated.

Old 11-12-2023, 07:58 AM

9,538 posts, read 16,533,027 times
Massachusetts is one of thr Blue states where migrants are being sent. The shelter system reached capacity this week. A military base and Motels across the state are filled with migrants. The situation got so bad the Governor declared a state of emergency. The Natl Guard has been called in to keep order at the motels. Now the Convention Center in Boston may be used to shelter more migrants. The Governor has asked Mass residents with spare rooms in their homes to house migrants.

We have a super market chain here called Market Basket. Each store has at least 10 registers. All of a sudden every cashier seems to be from Central America. Same at Walmart. There is no friendliness from these cashiers, as they obviously speak little English.

The changeover from US workers to migrants in certain jobs in Mass is underway. I'm seeing one after the other retail job, customer service Jobs, restaurant workers seem to be primarily from central America. Basically its what happened in South Florida some years ago. A change over from Americans born in the US population to a majority Spanish immigrant speaking population. It's all coming to Massachusetts, and obviously it was intentionally allowed to happen. Question is What is the actual reason it's being allowed to happen? My view the reason is not honorable. It is another crooked tactic by the US Govt to benefit Politicians.

Old 11-16-2023, 11:13 AM

26 posts, read 11,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Massachusetts is one of thr Blue states where migrants are being sent. The shelter system reached capacity this week. A military base and Motels across the state are filled with migrants. The situation got so bad the Governor declared a state of emergency. The Natl Guard has been called in to keep order at the motels. Now the Convention Center in Boston may be used to shelter more migrants. The Governor has asked Mass residents with spare rooms in their homes to house migrants.

We have a super market chain here called Market Basket. Each store has at least 10 registers. All of a sudden every cashier seems to be from Central America. Same at Walmart. There is no friendliness from these cashiers, as they obviously speak little English.

The changeover from US workers to migrants in certain jobs in Mass is underway. I'm seeing one after the other retail job, customer service Jobs, restaurant workers seem to be primarily from central America. Basically its what happened in South Florida some years ago. A change over from Americans born in the US population to a majority Spanish immigrant speaking population. It's all coming to Massachusetts, and obviously it was intentionally allowed to happen. Question is What is the actual reason it's being allowed to happen? My view the reason is not honorable. It is another crooked tactic by the US Govt to benefit Politicians.
The same exact things have already unfolded in NYC. 99.9% of people act like this stuff isn’t happening or that it is no biggie. Or they get angry if you even mention all the illegals swarming around every street in the city.

Old 11-16-2023, 11:42 AM

9,538 posts, read 16,533,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanfordBrandinoNY View Post
The same exact things have already unfolded in NYC. 99.9% of people act like this stuff isn’t happening or that it is no biggie. Or they get angry if you even mention all the illegals swarming around every street in the city.
Yes New York and Mass seem to be the 2 states that knowingly allowed this crap to happen. People do the same damn thing here, act like it's a taboo subject to talk about. Walk around like nothing at all is happening. The whole issue is pathetic.

Old 11-16-2023, 12:49 PM

26 posts, read 11,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Yes New York and Mass seem to be the 2 states that knowingly allowed this crap to happen. People do the same damn thing here, act like it's a taboo subject to talk about. Walk around like nothing at all is happening. The whole issue is pathetic.
There should be ideological screenings for people moving to common sense and freedom states like Florida or New Hampshire.

Heck, there should be ideological screenings for EVERYTHING in this country. Want to buy a cheeseburger? Screening. Want to order some groceries? First you need to pass this ideological screening.

Basically do the reverse of the crud they pulled during Covid when we needed to show proof of vaccination just to be inside a Starbucks.

Old 11-16-2023, 03:21 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,091,329 times
how about sending illegals to Ukraine or Israel to fight? Lots of opportunities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City