Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 12:04 PM

19,081 posts, read 14,039,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
I was hoping this would get its own sub forum similar to how the Housing Lotteries did.
Notice when that sub forum was created it cleared out a bunch of people and those that wanted to participate went over to that forum and the trolling and bashing on those that were looking for subsidized housing basically disappeared.

Imagine is NYC crime got its own sub forum
The work involved in getting that sub forum created cannot be explained. Lol

Don't even waste time mentioning it. We're not getting another sub forum approved.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 09:08 PM

31,994 posts, read 27,162,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
I was hoping this would get its own sub forum similar to how the Housing Lotteries did.
Notice when that sub forum was created it cleared out a bunch of people and those that wanted to participate went over to that forum and the trolling and bashing on those that were looking for subsidized housing basically disappeared.

Imagine is NYC crime got its own sub forum
Threads on crime even now with a somewhat recent uptick are still far below all those "low income/affordable" housing threads.

What crime threads there are in main NYC forum reflect work of a few that post regularly nearly everything in local news media.

OTOH low income housing queries were off the charts between posts of new developments, "If you don't mind me asking..." questions, income, qualifications, disqualifications, ragging or ranting about HPD or whatever developer/managing agent handling lottery, lottery questions in general... and so it goes.

That needed it's own sub-forum just to handle the vast number and diversity of posts on a daily basis.

If you compare crime posts activity in main forum versus that in "housing" sub, the latter nearly always has far more each day.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:04 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,249,228 times
https://www.pix11.com/news/local-new...rB2reUSqeH6MLE

Old 02-24-2021, 09:21 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,249,228 times
https://www.pix11.com/news/local-new..._uGNfo_sdAu1mw

Old 02-24-2021, 09:48 AM

Sucks to be her.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-24-2021, 09:58 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,167,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
A person using the machine is an opportunity for an attack. Saw one myself early evening a few months ago in a crowded station. Young guy started punching an older man. Tried to grab the wallet, but the victim yanked the hood over the perps head, and went with punches in bunches hockey style. Thug ran off. There is a mirror on the machines that can be used to see behind you though its not that clear.

I still use the machine once a month myself, but am constantly shifting side to side due to this reason.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
A person using the machine is an opportunity for an attack. Saw one myself early evening a few months ago in a crowded station. Young guy started punching an older man. Tried to grab the wallet, but the victim yanked the hood over the perps head, and went with punches in bunches hockey style. Thug ran off. There is a mirror on the machines that can be used to see behind you though its not that clear.

I still use the machine once a month myself, but am constantly shifting side to side due to this reason.
When I was in high school, a guy who became one of my best friends later was on the bus with me. Three project dudes got on the bus and bee lined to him because he had a Jansport. The kid demanded it and my now-friend calmly asked if he could take his school books out first. They let him. As soon as the bag was empty, he threw it over the first kid's head and beat him so badly I swear he's probably still handicapped. The bus driver had to intervene, my friend was trying to kill the punk. I'll never forget that, it was awesome.

Our route home from school sucked for white boys. Once we got the train station at the ferry we were safe because of the cops but from school to the ferry, the bus was trouble almost every day.

Old 02-24-2021, 12:12 PM

5,753 posts, read 2,654,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
I guess she rolled out of bed and decided to go rob someone. She's still got her PINK PJs on.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:39 PM

113 posts, read 226,601 times
I woulda beat that little skinny *****'s ass so bad they woulda thought i was the suspect

Old 02-25-2021, 05:45 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,115,223 times
It's really you are on your own in NYC. The 2 guys that passed the turnstiles didn't even bat an eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City