Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 07:00 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times

Advertisements

Leave it to teenagers. lol.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/12/teen-p...Jf1M169h0M1RWY

Teen pranksters pretend to spill coronavirus on NYC subway

It’s a sick prank that sent some commuters off the rails.

On a more serious note:

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...MXfcHNXavCcqN0

All seven people tested for a novel strain of coronavirus in New York City have come back negative, the city Health Department announced Wednesday.

According to the Health Department, the city currently has zero coronavirus cases pending.

Last edited by Aeran; 02-12-2020 at 07:38 PM..

Old 02-13-2020, 03:35 PM

32,920 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Painter's jumpsuit. Check.
Kitchen gloves. Check.
Cheap disposable masks. Check.

That's probably going to be a popular Halloween costume this year.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:48 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion: Freeze on the luncheon specials........ Chicken wings and porked fried rice...... for quite some time.
You and everybody else...so it seems...

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...GaQ43snsr0Qcyc

"Normally, we're packed. But today, we have like 30 percent of the customers," Zhang said. "Yes, that's the first time I scared myself. I don't know what to do."

Old 02-16-2020, 11:29 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Here's what has me concerned. One patient on a cruise ship tested positive for the corona virus and is still asymptomatic. People are walking through international airports and are being tested for a fever. What happens to those people who are carriers and not symptomatic? They slip through the cracks right?

Here in Chicago and in L.A., New York, San Francisco, and Seattle everyone who has symptoms is being tested for the virus. Why do you think that is and why in only these cities? I think it's coming in through the major airports as I type this. We are in the midst of a possible pandemic that can't be stopped.

Old 02-25-2020, 12:39 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Default How to prepare for coronavirus in NYC

Besides the usual like washing your hands more frequently, do you plan to buy extra groceries or anything like that ? Supply chains have been disrupted so things like laundry detergent and paper towels might get more expensive.

This is from NYTimes today:

For the U.S., it’s not if but when, federal officials say.
Americans should brace for the likelihood that the coronavirus will spread to communities in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Tuesday.

“It’s not so much of a question of if this will happen in this country any more but a question of when this will happen,” said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

She said that public health officials have no idea whether the spread of the disease to the United States would be mild or severe, but that Americans should be ready for a significant disruption to their daily lives.

“We are asking the American public to prepare for the expectation that this might be bad,” Dr. Messonnier said.

Post article (no paywall) https://nypost.com/2020/02/25/cdc-ur...-might-be-bad/

Old 02-25-2020, 12:51 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Besides the usual like washing your hands more frequently, do you plan to buy extra groceries or anything like that ? Supply chains have been disrupted so things like laundry detergent and paper towels might get more expensive.

Americans should brace for the likelihood that the coronavirus will spread to communities in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Tuesday.

“It’s not so much of a question of if this will happen in this country any more but a question of when this will happen,” said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

She said that public health officials have no idea whether the spread of the disease to the United States would be mild or severe, but that Americans should be ready for a significant disruption to their daily lives.

“We are asking the American public to prepare for the expectation that this might be bad,” Dr. Messonnier said.

Buy plenty of lime. Stay out of Manhattan.

Old 02-25-2020, 12:55 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
The question will be this. Will the Corona virus going viral force nyc real estate market to drop?

Old 02-25-2020, 01:01 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post

It seems the coronavirus is not enough to scare people into washing their hands. Just saw this weirdo wash her hands for all of 5 seconds (I'm being generous) didn't even use soap. we really are surrounded by some nasty people.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:08 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
It seems the coronavirus is not enough to scare people into washing their hands. Just saw this weirdo wash her hands for all of 5 seconds (I'm being generous) didn't even use soap. we really are surrounded by some nasty people.
I think people aren’t really educated about why Hand washing works. The idea is that because we are often touching our face, nose, mouth, eyes, that even if we pick up germs on our hands, the frequent hand washing makes it less likely that we bring the germs in our body. I have to admit I didn’t know that for a while when I was younger.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:08 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
So far, 14,000 people have died and 250,000 people have been hospitalized during the USA 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.Feb 14, 2020

Don't let the hype get to you...
Look at the above numbers and think about all of the people who don't even get the annual flu shot. Coronavirus is just a different strain of the influenza and a vaccine is already being tested for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City