Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:35 AM

114 posts, read 208,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
Was just looking at some other nearby states on the forum...this topic caught my attention. You folks aren't really serious? You mean, without the "permission card", an an adult w/a Daisy "Red Ryder" bb gun (made since the 50's) could be arrested? By the way, we've had a growing # of "homesteaders" from N.J. here in upstate NY in the last 4-6 years.
...41Willys...hhmmm.....restored or street rod?
Yea a big joke for a BBgun that shoot tiny balls wow someone rush me to the hospital
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 10:51 AM

1,696 posts, read 5,192,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyM'Fers View Post
Yea a big joke for a BBgun that shoot tiny balls wow someone rush me to the hospital
Just be careful you can shoot your eye out with that thing!

Old 03-31-2007, 11:14 AM

961 posts, read 2,503,888 times
To 41 Willys...I'm sure you meant to say they had a "nice old gun collection"..lol! I've actually run into a few "Jerseyites" who moved up here mainly due to hunting opportunities and the realistic gun laws.
Is your Willys on the street or under construction?
By the way, if we continue this "jawin", we should probably take it off this forum. I think the purpose is to provide new homesteaders info on your state.
ps: I was part of a 2man drag team runnning an old altered..till the owner got fed up trying to continually meet NHRA rules.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Just be careful you can shoot your eye out with that thing!
Aww who cares I got 2 i mean Jersey over does it with alot of recockulous laws but it's still my home

Old 03-31-2007, 12:12 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,192,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyM'Fers View Post
Aww who cares I got 2 i mean Jersey over does it with alot of recockulous laws but it's still my home
Its was a joke.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Its was a joke.
Nah I know sorry i thought u'd be able to read into that lol

Old 04-30-2007, 02:49 PM

7 posts, read 68,807 times
Default N.J. BB Gun Laws

Let me tell you about N.J. gun laws. I was born and raised in N.J. and left there for Florida over 20 years ago. That was the best day of my life. Most people don't realize that up until the firarms identification cards went into affect around the late 60's or early 70's ( I was in the Army then and don't know the exact year) BB guns ( rifle & pistol) where totally illegal. Even posession was illegal.

As a kid there was always a BB gun to get your hands on, but if the cops caught you they confiscated it.

As for the ID cards, first you have to go to your local police or state police if you don't have local. Fill out the forms, get finger printed, pay your money and wait for it to come back. Then if you get your rifle/shotgun ID you can now apply for a pistol permit. You go threw the same deal all over again and wait some more. They willn't let you fill out both at the same time. Each time you want another pistol you must go to the police with the paper work from the dealer or the person listing the gun you want. They then run you threw and you pay them for this service. Then you come back and they give you the paper work to pick up the pistol. On a shotgun or rifle you ID card will do.

You must be going to or from hunting or a range to have a gun locked up in your trunk. I belong to a gun club and we had indoor and outdoor ranges. All the club members names where on file with the NJ State Police just incase we where pulled over and they search our vehicles.

The day I left NJ and moved out of the "Police State" was a happy day. Lived in Fl for over 20 years and have never been even stopped a single time by the cops. It was a couple a times a month in NJ for no other reason but harrassment.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:08 PM

142 posts, read 537,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyjim View Post
Let me tell you about N.J. gun laws. I was born and raised in N.J. and left there for Florida over 20 years ago. That was the best day of my life. Most people don't realize that up until the firarms identification cards went into affect around the late 60's or early 70's ( I was in the Army then and don't know the exact year) BB guns ( rifle & pistol) where totally illegal. Even posession was illegal.

As a kid there was always a BB gun to get your hands on, but if the cops caught you they confiscated it.

As for the ID cards, first you have to go to your local police or state police if you don't have local. Fill out the forms, get finger printed, pay your money and wait for it to come back. Then if you get your rifle/shotgun ID you can now apply for a pistol permit. You go threw the same deal all over again and wait some more. They willn't let you fill out both at the same time. Each time you want another pistol you must go to the police with the paper work from the dealer or the person listing the gun you want. They then run you threw and you pay them for this service. Then you come back and they give you the paper work to pick up the pistol. On a shotgun or rifle you ID card will do.

You must be going to or from hunting or a range to have a gun locked up in your trunk. I belong to a gun club and we had indoor and outdoor ranges. All the club members names where on file with the NJ State Police just incase we where pulled over and they search our vehicles.

The day I left NJ and moved out of the "Police State" was a happy day. Lived in Fl for over 20 years and have never been even stopped a single time by the cops. It was a couple a times a month in NJ for no other reason but harrassment.
I had to given up my Colt AR-15 in Jersey. I was afraid I would be arrested for possession and the legal system would clean my bank account out. I could never figure out why anything made with black Armalite was considered more deadly than other semi-automatic hunting rifles.

Now that I am living in PA, it feels like the United States I remembered 5 decades ago.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:03 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,445 times
You're trying to apply informed common sense to a situation where misinformation and emotions rule the day. Gun control isn't about guns. It's all about finding another boogy man to blame rather than fixing the responsibility on the criminal using the gun.

BTW Armalite isn't a material...it's the name of the company where Eugene Stoner developed the original M16/AR15 back in the 60's. The receiver body is a black anodized aluminum alloy. The stocks are of a black composite plastic material.

Last edited by JBrown; 04-30-2007 at 09:11 PM..

Old 05-03-2007, 12:26 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
[quote=newjerseybt;649514] I could never figure out why anything made with black Armalite was considered more deadly than other semi-automatic hunting rifles.
QUOTE]

Because it's scary looking. That makes it much more dangerous. It's a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey