Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 07:11 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,706,758 times

Advertisements

On topic ?? Actually My Very first responce included...

" In NJ a BB gun is considered a fire arm !! New Jersey law: "A 'firearm' means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, air gun, gas gun, machine gun, or 'any gun'. Therefore and as such the same rules/laws that apply to other firearms are intended to apply to BB guns. "

That's a quote from the NJ state code regarding the classification of BB guns in NJ. If you'd have taken the time to carefully read and understand what was being said instead of trying to formulate a snappy responce you'd have undestood the implications of the law immediatly.

Having gleened the needed facts I guess this ends the "disscusion'...in less of course you just want to continue to be argumentative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 07:18 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,931,505 times
Default I thought this one was suspect as well

But then CrazyKid to the rescue.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:41 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,632,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Can anyone provide me a link to NJ's BB Gun laws? Googled and searched the state website and couldn't find anything official or clear, just that you need a permit to purchase/use one. I'm interested in things like: how old you have to be, where/when you can use them, fines, etc.

thanks
Go to www.njguns.com for all the info you need.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:19 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post
Many years ago when I was a youngster lots of the kids here in NJ had BB guns. Big deal so a few kids got an eye put out (they have two of them you know) and come on, what is more fun than terrorizing the neighborhood cats than giving them a couple of bb's in the butt.
The darn lawyers have taken all the fun out of being a kid in NJ. No BB guns , no fireworks (you don't really need all ten fingers). What's next? No sex with your buddies little sister.
I like the way they do things in some of the Southern states, if want a gun go ahead and buy one and if you need a few bucks those guys from NJ/NY will gladly pay a premium for your rifle or pistol. After all where are they gonna get guns? They can't buy them back home. Those jerks in NJ have the nerve to do backgroung checks if you want a gun. Talk about a police state.

E

BTW tahiti, don't hesitate to make that call.
LOL,, my buddy grew up in Bridge Town. When he was 12 he hung his fathers 12 gauge out the window and blew away a squirrel in a near by tree!!LOL
Well the neighbors ratted out the kid and his father had the squirrel stuffed and presented it to him and said this is for you. And everytime you look at it you will be reminded of the beating your about to get!!

Old 03-29-2007, 06:20 PM

961 posts, read 2,504,988 times
Was just looking at some other nearby states on the forum...this topic caught my attention. You folks aren't really serious? You mean, without the "permission card", an an adult w/a Daisy "Red Ryder" bb gun (made since the 50's) could be arrested? By the way, we've had a growing # of "homesteaders" from N.J. here in upstate NY in the last 4-6 years.
...41Willys...hhmmm.....restored or street rod?

Old 03-30-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
Was just looking at some other nearby states on the forum...this topic caught my attention. You folks aren't really serious? You mean, without the "permission card", an an adult w/a Daisy "Red Ryder" bb gun (made since the 50's) could be arrested? By the way, we've had a growing # of "homesteaders" from N.J. here in upstate NY in the last 4-6 years.
...41Willys...hhmmm.....restored or street rod?
Pathetic aint it!! Finally! Some see's the big picture!!

60's Gasser style!

Old 03-31-2007, 06:02 AM

961 posts, read 2,504,988 times
To 41 Willys...here in upstate NY, the gun laws , are on par, pretty fair and reasonable. Read that to mean most folks around here are "pretty well equipped for most situations". It should be said that NYC has it's own "special gun laws".
By the way, back in the 80's I had a 37' Chev 2dr strod...you know..before billet aluminum, kit rods, megabuck cars, etc.... I kinda jump around on the car hobby.
When I was down there for work back in the 90's....seems I went to a couple cruise nights...I think they were in Bergen county?

Old 03-31-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
To 41 Willys...here in upstate NY, the gun laws , are on par, pretty fair and reasonable. Read that to mean most folks around here are "pretty well equipped for most situations". It should be said that NYC has it's own "special gun laws".
By the way, back in the 80's I had a 37' Chev 2dr strod...you know..before billet aluminum, kit rods, megabuck cars, etc.... I kinda jump around on the car hobby.
When I was down there for work back in the 90's....seems I went to a couple cruise nights...I think they were in Bergen county?
Yup, I know all about upstate,people and there guns! I have family there and have been going there since I was born. About 30 minutes north of Cooperstown, a little town called Burlington Flats (10 minutes from Richfield springs) I have a few cousins there that own a small aresonal!

Old 03-31-2007, 10:31 AM

114 posts, read 209,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
With no disrespect intended to all of you who are trying to be helpful I think you've all missed the point of the original post. No where was it ever hinted at that the poster wanted to obtain a BB gun, no where was it asked how do I get permits etc. No....the post was IMHO intentionaly vague and just wasnted to know
"I'm interested in things like: how old you have to be, where/when you can use them, fines, etc. "

This is not the question of someone who is the least bit interested in going thru the legal process of obtaining a permit etc. This IS the type of info wanted by someone with ,again IMHO, an an unspoken agenda such as calling in a complaint against a neighborhood minor whom she's seen with a BB gun , heaven forbid !!

tahiti Sigh...why don't you just step up to the plate so to speak and ask what you really want to know.
WOW you're reading into this way to much he just asked a simple question about the gun law in NJ and you're trying to make it seem he's ready to commit a crime RELAX

Old 03-31-2007, 10:33 AM

114 posts, read 209,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
LOL,, my buddy grew up in Bridge Town. When he was 12 he hung his fathers 12 gauge out the window and blew away a squirrel in a near by tree!!LOL
Well the neighbors ratted out the kid and his father had the squirrel stuffed and presented it to him and said this is for you. And everytime you look at it you will be reminded of the beating your about to get!!
LMAOhaha that funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey