Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:34 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,616,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored2Day View Post
I thinks so...but it is all about the beef at Stewarts! Nothing better than a chili dog and rootbeer except maybe a hamburger and rootbeer...I'm getting hungry! Remember going there after baseball games! Aaaahhh Good Times
I use to love their pizza burgers - a couple of perogies with fried onions and sour cream - oh and of course, the Rootbeer : ) We still have a few Stewarts near us but I haven't been to one in years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 06:41 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,942,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Anyone remember Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips? I used to work up in Lodi where they had an Arthur Treachers location and I ate there often.

This was the first fast food seafood joint.

Oooh yummy, there used to be one in Bloomfield near where I grew up.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
There's one in the Rockaway mall. There's also a Nathans Hotdogs. Old style fast food joints are making a come back!
Really? I don't go to the mall much, but might have to now. I think I remember hearing that there was an Arthur Treachers in the new mall out in Stroudsburg PA.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:46 AM

71 posts, read 321,701 times
Default Oh Wow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
We met Scott Muni from WNEW outside the Capitol Theater in Passaic at a bar and we bought him a drink before a Who concert. He gave us 2 third row center tickets for the concert and we had the best show of our life. Now that was a band in it's day. The Capital Theater anyone remember that. We used to go see Southside Johnny on New Years eve there. Seen the Blues Brothers in thier prime out there. John Belushi doing a cartwheel into the audience. Oh I'll stop i'm starting to show my age.
THE CAPITOL THEATER!!! Oh wow! I saw the Grateful Dead there about 6 times, as well as Jerry Garcia Band and some others. They used to have two shows a night, and they had the coolest "Liquid Light Show" there!!! Next dooe to the theater was the coolest store ever, called "Two Tone" - I remeber buying a pair of boots there with skull buckles up and down, in a size 7.5 - and 3 months later I was married (yes at age 19) and pregnant, and my foot permanently grew to a size 8. I could never wear them again. I remember I spent $70 on those boots, and I thought that was the MOST expensive thing I"d ever bought!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Really? I don't go to the mall much, but might have to now. I think I remember hearing that there was an Arthur Treachers in the new mall out in Stroudsburg PA.
There's also a Stewarts on Rt. 31 in Clinton. One in hackettstown as well but they may have closed by now. Was at the intersection of Rt. 57 and Rt. 24 - the old chicken place - Golden Skillet : ) If you want great seafood at a reasonable rate - Pub 517 by me is great! Whole lobster, 2 dozen steamers for under 20 bucks! Not a bad ride for you. It's in the middle of a corn field on Rt. 517 in Green Twp. About 2 mins north from Rt. 80 - exit 19. Or you can always come through Hackettstown - M&M's is technically on Rt. 517.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:08 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,707,226 times
Quote:
There's one in the Rockaway mall. There's also a Nathans Hotdogs. Old style fast food joints are making a come back!
there's no AT in Rockaway!....is there? don't recall ever seeing one in the 15 yrs I've been going there?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:09 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
It was always called Roosevelt Stadium.
yup. even my dad who was born in 1928 and raised in JC called it Roosevelt Stadium.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
There's also a Stewarts on Rt. 31 in Clinton. One in hackettstown as well but they may have closed by now. Was at the intersection of Rt. 57 and Rt. 24 - the old chicken place - Golden Skillet : ) If you want great seafood at a reasonable rate - Pub 517 by me is great! Whole lobster, 2 dozen steamers for under 20 bucks! Not a bad ride for you. It's in the middle of a corn field on Rt. 517 in Green Twp. About 2 mins north from Rt. 80 - exit 19. Or you can always come through Hackettstown - M&M's is technically on Rt. 517.
The Stewart's on Rt. 31 in Washington is still open. I just never stopped there, since I thought they only had burgers and dogs (that's what we used to get when I was a kid), and I don't eat either. But now that I'm hearing they have other stuff....I'll be checking it out. Been to Golden Skillet...love it! I can take or leave Pub 517 (aka Pub 199).

Johnny's in Buttzville on Route 46 is supposed to have the best dogs around, but how would I know...LOL. People rave about them and the place is always packed. They serve buttermilk there, maybe I'll try that. BTW there is an Italian hot dog/sausage place soon to open on Main St. in Hackettstown...saw the "coming soon" sign the other day.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
there's no AT in Rockaway!....is there? don't recall ever seeing one in the 15 yrs I've been going there?
Yes there is : ) I take the Scottish Visitors there as they love those huge soggy chips. It's in the food court area... first booth on the right when you enter from Lord and taylor side - near Sear Pickup area enterance to the food court : ) AT and Nathans are combined.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
The Stewart's on Rt. 31 in Washington is still open. I just never stopped there, since I thought they only had burgers and dogs (that's what we used to get when I was a kid), and I don't eat either. But now that I'm hearing they have other stuff....I'll be checking it out. Been to Golden Skillet...love it! I can take or leave Pub 517 (aka Pub 199).

Johnny's in Buttzville on Route 46 is supposed to have the best dogs around, but how would I know...LOL. People rave about them and the place is always packed. They serve buttermilk there, maybe I'll try that. BTW there is an Italian hot dog/sausage place soon to open on Main St. in Hackettstown...saw the "coming soon" sign the other day.
Hot Dog Johnny's is over-rated! The dogs are as good as any no name brand from Shorite or Weis : ) Davy's in Mt. Arlington is a better choice. I had a pal who use to sell Sabretts in Hackettstown from her wagon. I love Sabretts! Not to mention, you can make a few bucks with those hot dog wagons. Had two pals - both had great jobs - gave them up and started selling at the Chester Flea market...no lie... 10K/week in the summer!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey