Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:00 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,754,723 times

Advertisements

The more i waste my time looking through these stupid myspace pages and youtube vids the more I wanna kick the guidos in the head. Its like a combination of Metrosexual/ghetto/italian/white trash all in one. And no, acting like your in the Sopranos show is not guido, but it is stupid. It used to be that you only found these guys out on long island with their IROCs.

More guido gold! Gotta love google.
Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

and NJGUIDO, I really dont like to bash on people but you have to admit, some of the guidos out there are just Effing funny!!!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:20 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Jersey Guidos....hey wake up, it's no longer the 80's it's 2008

Old 04-09-2008, 12:39 PM

531 posts, read 2,149,972 times
This thread has turned out to be really hilarious!!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:48 PM

370 posts, read 1,370,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
This thread has turned out to be really hilarious!!

The Guidos are a funny bunch... they all have the same hair, wear the same skin tight wife beaters or these stupid Amanini Exchange shirts the really up to date ones wear Ed Hardy t-shirts - that are like $100 for a tee shirt, the are the same color orange from the Tanning beds and they date the same plastic, over made up girls... Who needs cloning when you have Jersey Guidos

Old 04-09-2008, 12:55 PM

72 posts, read 385,542 times
Unhappy hmmm

Although the dancing & look is not palatable for my liking, I still think responses to the OP's post are unnecessary. We must strive to achieve decorum and respect for one another no matter how different it is from our views or taste. The fact that we are online etc, doesn't mean we should lose our values. I am pretty sure none of us would want such negative responses to anything we post.

I know this is a public forum but indirectly we have all come to be "friends." We depend on one another advice & support on the most basic and critical aspects of our lives (whether it be food, moving, house, shopping, education etc). With that said, please let us be open minded enough to accept one another even if we don't agree or condone others lifestyles.

NJ is not a state of clones...so we all do not need to think, look or act alike. For the OP, his post, dressing, etc are all part of his NJ. Share your views of NJ but I beg don't call other people names etc b/c they differ from yours. Thank You

Old 04-09-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneone10 View Post
Although the dancing & look is not palatable for my liking, I still think responses to the OP's post are unnecessary. We must strive to achieve decorum and respect for one another no matter how different it is from our views or taste. The fact that we are online etc, doesn't mean we should lose our values. I am pretty sure none of us would want such negative responses to anything we post.

I know this is a public forum but indirectly we have all come to be "friends." We depend on one another advice & support on the most basic and critical aspects of our lives (whether it be food, moving, house, shopping, education etc). With that said, please let us be open minded enough to accept one another even if we don't agree or condone others lifestyles.

NJ is not a state of clones...so we all do not need to think, look or act alike. For the OP, his post, dressing, etc are all part of his NJ. Share your views of NJ but I beg don't call other people names etc b/c they differ from yours. Thank You
Quickly went back through the posts..I don't recall any name calling..as for the word Guido hey it's in the op screen name

Old 04-09-2008, 01:02 PM

72 posts, read 385,542 times
NJKate,

There were a few name callings (i.e. pansy, sissy, dumb, etc) but mostly it was the overall jest of responses that I find discomforting. The OP chose his name so that is his prerogative. I just think the overly responses & nastiness were not necessary

Old 04-09-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
NJKate,

There were a few name callings (i.e. pansy, sissy, dumb, etc) but mostly it was the overall jest of responses that I find discomforting. The OP chose his name so that is his prerogative. I just think the overly responses & nastiness were not necessary
I think it was all in fun based on the youtube video link O/P posted...
I seriously doubt any of the regulars here meant any harm

Old 04-09-2008, 01:10 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,754,723 times
I see your point oneone10. I guess it would be the same if he were to be what someone would consider a nerd, or trashy, or ghetto, or wanna be gangsta, or redneck, or whatever. While we werent bashing his nationality or ethnic backround we were bashing his lifestyle. You got us.

But you have to admit...guidos are funny. :-P

Old 04-09-2008, 01:16 PM

370 posts, read 1,370,038 times
Quote:
NJKate,

Sorry... are you a Guido? I mean did you watch the video? Have you seen the people that fall into this group in person. Generally speaking they are some of the rudiest, most arrogant people you will meet. I can tell you from 1st hand experience. I was very involved in the night club scene not too long ago and the things that go on at NJ Clubs with this group is just scary.
Why don't you spend a day this summer at the Surf Club in Ortley Beach... then come tell me how people are being mean to the Guidos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey