Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 12:19 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,637,887 times

Advertisements

I don't know check it out for yourself. It is just a typical nabe for that area. Houses and maybe a few industries thrown in here-and-there. If I have to compare it to a nabe in the city, it isn't the East Village. But by no means is it comparable to the worst parts of NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 12:37 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,530,897 times
[quote=JERSEY MAN;2919084]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Cop was black too. He ripped my car apart insisted that I swallowed drugs and then gave me a ticket to go to court, I wound up in jail for a charge called loitering in a drug area. This is unfortunate that this happened but did you get a ticket or go to jail. There is a difference.

They kept me in a holding cell from 7am to 3 pm, the whole deal then let me go with a court date .

Old 02-23-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Steve. You have to realize that most cops in major cities are asses.
well I learned that, I think the article in the paper really put the cops in a bad light they were on a blitz busted any white person in Paterson, I just did not know that and of course got screwed! Lets put it this way, I got off , I was not doing anything wrong but it was aggrevating and cost me a lawyer! I have no criminal record and was not about to get one at 40 years old!!! I mean come on loitering in a drug area what the hell is that the whole city is a drug area!!!

Old 02-23-2008, 12:59 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,637,887 times
^^ No. It just that some cops over react when they get their chops bust in the papers. Sad thing is, Paterson still has a sizable white population for it's size. So i can just imagine innocent civilians getting pulled over for no reason (reverse racial profiling) You had to be in one really rough area for the cops to respond like that.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:24 PM

I dropped her off by Rosa Parks her apartment was there, it was not a nice area. Come on a white person with a black person on Rosa Parks, they definately assumed she was selling me drugs so when I drove off at 6 am, they probably thought I was crashing off my crack addiction plus coupled with that article I was doomed. Look I really dislike cops not just in paterson, all over. These new buzz heads young nazi types really suck.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:40 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,638,034 times
Quote:
I dropped her off by Rosa Parks her apartment was there, it was not a nice area. Come on a white person with a black person on Rosa Parks, they definately assumed she was selling me drugs so when I drove off at 6 am, they probably thought I was crashing off my crack addiction plus coupled with that article I was doomed.( Look I really dislike cops not just in paterson, all over.) These new buzz heads young nazi types really suck.
Well I'll remember that when you call for help or oxygen and I get stuck in traffic and don't go thru any lights to help you. I don't have much hair left to buzz. LOL

Old 02-23-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Well I'll remember that when you call for help or oxygen and I get stuck in traffic and don't go thru any lights to help you. I don't have much hair left to buzz. LOL
Let me say this, first off I am sorry if I insulted you but years ago the cops used to be cool. THe old man type who gave consideration to the people who lived in the town. Now these new young jar/buzz heads are real jerks, they think they are the military. I am really sorry if I insulted you, you may have been a great cop but the ones I run across are all a..holes.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,638,034 times
Quote:
Let me say this, first off I am sorry if I insulted you but years ago the cops used to be cool. THe old man type who gave consideration to the people who lived in the town. Now these new young jar/buzz heads are real jerks, they think they are the military. I am really sorry if I insulted you, you may have been a great cop but the ones I run across are all a..holes.
You didn't insult me personally, you stereotyped a whole profession. Yes we have ahole cops, ive been stopped by them myself. But not every cop is an ahole, some of us do help people and after 30 years we still help people. If you were stranded I'd give you my coat, drive you to a diner, pay for a hot meal for you and wish you the best and move on. When I see homeless people in the street asking for money when I'm working I'll go thru the drivethru at Wendys and buy them a couple of dollar burgers and give them to the people instead of money. Sometimes I could be a PITA on the forum but many of us are. We're venting and it's a good thing, it's only a computer. So all I ask is don't hate all the officers because most of us are regular family people with a kind heart and will give you the shirts off our backs. Welcome home.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:10 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,020,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chant108 View Post
I know there are some highrises there but I am not sure if those are famos paterson projects.
You are referring to the Alabama projects. Like I posted before, these projects are coming down as we speak. I believe one or two of the buildings are already completely empty. They are going to be replaced with market-rate condos/townhouses/apts.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:21 PM

625 posts, read 3,637,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnyourback View Post
it's pretty dangerous. if you're looking to relocate, a town around paterson that is low cost but still pretty decent is haledon. wayne is nice, but expensive.
Why does everyone assume living in Paterson is inexpensive??? Unless you are on government assistance, living in a Section 8 apartment, and don't care about what section of the city you live in, then yes it is cheap. But, for the rest of us Paterson is not cheap. A nice apartment in a nice area will cost you atleast $1200. There are homeowners in Paterson who pay high property taxes just like those in the "nicer" towns. That really annoys me that people automatically assume Paterson is so crime ridden and disgusting because of what they have read or heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey