Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 03:59 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,188,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I was referring to the official track directions as given by Amtrak (eastbound and westbound). Getting technical about which direction they really flow at any given time is just going to confuse people.

Jersey Avenue has an eastbound station, but trains coming from Trenton don't stop there. The eastbound trains start at Jersey Avenue and most of them are semi-express (go from Metropark directly to Newark. Someone traveling from Jersey Avenue to New York spends no more time in the train than someone traveling from Princeton Junction to New York (and much less on the way home).
Ok, using Amtrak's lingo, Jersey Ave does not have an eastbound station on the express line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 01:20 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
Ok, using Amtrak's lingo, Jersey Ave does not have an eastbound station on the express line.
I never said it did. If you read my post, I was actually disputing this incorrect statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
Jersey Ave does not have a north bound station.
Jersey Avenue does, indeed, have a station for those going towards NY.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:51 AM

13 posts, read 14,854 times
Prices have already seen a slight uptick since the announcement has been made. If you compare Governor's Pointe numbers to the Franklin Society Hill (same style of condos and townhomes), the annual price increase for Governor's Pointe has been between 2% and 4% compared to Society Hill between 1% and 2%. The train station will only help increase the number of folks looking to rent in Governor's Pointe driving up prices.

You can keep track of the sales in Governor's Pointe North Brunswick NJ and see if they continue to go up as we get closer to the opening date in 2018.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:58 PM

300 posts, read 913,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy732 View Post
Prices have already seen a slight uptick since the announcement has been made. If you compare Governor's Pointe numbers to the Franklin Society Hill (same style of condos and townhomes), the annual price increase for Governor's Pointe has been between 2% and 4% compared to Society Hill between 1% and 2%. The train station will only help increase the number of folks looking to rent in Governor's Pointe driving up prices.

You can keep track of the sales in Governor's Pointe North Brunswick NJ and see if they continue to go up as we get closer to the opening date in 2018.
Where is 2018 coming from? That is wishful thinking

Old 04-06-2016, 07:52 AM

2 posts, read 4,948 times
The houses at Pulte Home's Main Street start at low 500s. Assuming one buys a house and then one wants to rent it, will let be a good rental house? how much rent will it fetch? . Has the work on North Brunswick train station started? I do not see any news/pictures about ongoing construction of train station.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:17 AM

19,127 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannydev View Post
The houses at Pulte Home's Main Street start at low 500s. Assuming one buys a house and then one wants to rent it, will let be a good rental house? how much rent will it fetch? . Has the work on North Brunswick train station started? I do not see any news/pictures about ongoing construction of train station.
From what I can observe from the Target parking lot, it appears that the construction at this point is limited to infrastructure improvement. Some older industrial buildings will have to be torn down, and the access roads, sewer lines, water lines, and other utility work will have to be completed before that project moves ahead.

I don't think that you will see a train station at that location until--at least--sometime in late 2017.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:38 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,012,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
From what I can observe from the Target parking lot, it appears that the construction at this point is limited to infrastructure improvement. Some older industrial buildings will have to be torn down, and the access roads, sewer lines, water lines, and other utility work will have to be completed before that project moves ahead.

I don't think that you will see a train station at that location until--at least--sometime in late 2017.

The station hasnt even started being built yet. I think we'd be lucky to see it by the end of the decade. Look at the Westmont Station in woodridge, that station has been done for ages and still isnt open.

As for rental. These townhomes are going to start at 500k, probably more like 550k. The taxes on these will probably be in the 13-15k range? Thats a tough nut to swallow to get some positive cash flow back.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:57 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
The station hasnt even started being built yet. I think we'd be lucky to see it by the end of the decade. Look at the Westmont Station in woodridge, that station has been done for ages and still isnt open.

As for rental. These townhomes are going to start at 500k, probably more like 550k. The taxes on these will probably be in the 13-15k range? Thats a tough nut to swallow to get some positive cash flow back.

No, the Wesmont NJT station isn't open and people are starting to get pissed off about it. But then again when NJT and the state are involved what can anyone expect? Wood-Ridge commuters left waiting for a train station - News - NorthJersey.com

Old 04-06-2016, 10:18 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
I think NEC has too many train stations, the problem is the train schedules are horrible. When I started riding NJT 10 years ago, we used to get 10-15min schedules consistently during rush hour. Now they have these 10 min schedules for a very short window then follow by 20-30min gaps even for major stations it's bad. I spoke to a train crew and they said they are running less frequent but more train cars to pack more people on. They claim this is more efficient than running many empty trains.

You see folks that missed express trains all hop on local trains then followed by empty express trains behind it. Because the train schedules are a mess, they don't run consistent schedules and there are less trains running than before.

More train stations will increase delays, I'm sure NJT knows this and can't decide on what to do unless there is an upgrade to the existing infrastructure. At the end of the day, there's not enough tunnels going into NYC.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalposts View Post
Where is 2018 coming from? That is wishful thinking
I like to find same..whether any place online or calling some mayor's office etc. to check progress of this North Brunswick train station..would be nice if we get this by yr 2018 but that seems very ambitious considering this project going on for who knows how long..may be last 3-5 years already..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey