Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 05:24 AM

189 posts, read 460,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha336 View Post
And how about an appraisal? If you select too many upgrades there is a risk that it wont come intact. In this case you are supposed to increase downpayment, right?
Ah, you are referring to the property appraisal during the mortgage application process. Those tend to be heavily based on comparative sales. So depending on how the sales of your townhome model goes from now until your appraisal, that will largely influence your appraisal.

Not sure how upgrades would impact your appraisal and down payment, that's probably a question best directed to your loan officer at Pulte Mortgage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 10:45 AM

343 posts, read 615,388 times
how much on average are you guys spending on upgrades. I dont like the fact they dont give you a clear price list and what's not included until after you sign the contract..

Old 10-17-2014, 07:50 PM

24 posts, read 92,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdude05 View Post
how much on average are you guys spending on upgrades. I dont like the fact they dont give you a clear price list and what's not included until after you sign the contract..
you can in fact request the full list of upgrades with prices, i did have it from the beginning. we will spend around $40,000 for 3bedroom townhome.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:49 PM

26 posts, read 96,542 times
Just to let you know the Manchester model is about 110k in upgrades. We bought one of the quick move townhomes and the upgrade list that they provided was about 80k. Most of the upgrades were well worth it in my opinion! (Granite, fireplace, open railings rather than knee walls up the stairs, extra bathroom on first floor, etc). One thing to note is that we were told this week that we cannot pick the color of our front door (it was predetermined before we purchased)... I would make sure you ask to be part of that conversation!

Does anyone know if there are residents yet?

Old 10-19-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovened View Post
Just to let you know the Manchester model is about 110k in upgrades. We bought one of the quick move townhomes and the upgrade list that they provided was about 80k. Most of the upgrades were well worth it in my opinion! (Granite, fireplace, open railings rather than knee walls up the stairs, extra bathroom on first floor, etc). One thing to note is that we were told this week that we cannot pick the color of our front door (it was predetermined before we purchased)... I would make sure you ask to be part of that conversation!

Yes, people are already closing and moving in, the ones that bought in the Patriot model homes' row (which BTW we now have pictures of on the Pulte website!)

Old 10-19-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdude05 View Post
Unfortunately I think it's fairly common for builders to obfuscate their options list and pricing. That's where they make most of their margins :P

Old 10-20-2014, 01:38 PM

343 posts, read 615,388 times
Quote:
you can in fact request the full list of upgrades with prices, i did have it from the beginning. we will spend around $40,000 for 3bedroom townhome.
i guess they changed policy, because when i was there i specifically asked to see the price list for upgrades and the guy told me it will happen only after closing, that they will send me to the builders for upgrade options.

I was warned about this regarding buying new contructions by a coworker, who got hit with over a $100k upgrade on his purchase. He was clueless and thought the purchase price included most of the upgrades they showed in the model home, but it turns out what he paid is only bare bones, and everything needs to be upgraded. He wasnt a happy camper lol

Old 10-26-2014, 06:50 AM

26 posts, read 248,473 times
Btw, what do you guys think of the pulte new townhouses at Garfield location? Is this a safe neighborhood? For me and my wife, the only disadvantage is that its around 1.5 miles away from Plaudeville train station. We were more interested in Wesmont as train stations would be at walkable distance.

But how is garfield overall? We have been there and it does include more features like gated community, Gym/Swimming/clubhouse. Not sure on area though

Old 10-26-2014, 07:15 PM

24 posts, read 92,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovened View Post

May I ask if you bought a fridge from Pulte? if not, how do you plan to bring it in as the staircase from the first to second floor is very narrow. it seems that the selection of the fridges is very limited and the prices are too high if you buy it from the builder.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:39 PM

26 posts, read 96,542 times
Quote:
May I ask if you bought a fridge from Pulte? if not, how do you plan to bring it in as the staircase from the first to second floor is very narrow. it seems that the selection of the fridges is very limited and the prices are too high if you buy it from the builder.

Funny you ask, we just purchased our refrigerator today! But we bought it at BestBuy not through the builder. They actually didn't even give us the option. I agree that the stairs are very tight so we are a bit nervous but all the models have great appliances which weren't in there the first time I walked through the units, so they got the in somehow! I figure the delivery guys do this all day and night so they have a system, but to make sure we are having our appliances delivered a week before we have our painters come, that way if any walls are damaged we can patch them up easily.

We did need to purchase a Counter Depth Refrigerator which was a bit more expensive and there are very limited models. We did find one we love, LFX21976ST and it is currently on sale with 18month financing. Its still insanely expensive but unfortunately its one appliance you really need to have before you move in.

Hope that helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey