Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 04:25 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times

Advertisements

Why are you going to court on a camera ticket? You need to look up the law of your state. In my state a camera ticket is a zero point civil fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 04:25 PM

3 posts, read 7,315 times
I have geico, have not kept up with the Good Driver certificate.
Got a camera light ticket
In the images it looks as if i cut someone short, unsure. Worried about going there.
I cannot afford the ticket and have to do payments
And in the paperwork I thought I read that you either pay the ticket, community service, ( i use a walker, 60 yrs old) or show up at court and go from there.

If
I work out payments, how many points will it count against me at Geico?

It says 1 point can cost around 45%?

Old 10-18-2017, 04:28 PM

3 posts, read 7,315 times
Default Camera ticket reply

$480 ticket show up or pay, but I am worried both about having them charge me more and then any points Geico might charge me here in California and I did look it up thank you for how to to do it.

“rizona and California - “Driver Responsibility” States
Notable exceptions are Arizona and California, where tickets issued by red light cameras have the same penalties as tickets issued by an officer - fines and points on your driving record.”

So I guess go in and see what happens, make arrangements for payments, then deal with Geico raising my fees.

Any answers on whether I should even bother with the good dr8ver safty class that Geico recommends at rhis point?

Last edited by Pjlopez; 10-18-2017 at 04:55 PM..

Old 10-18-2017, 04:36 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjlopez View Post
Geico might charge me here in California.
I realize that I am going out on a proverbial limb here, but...wouldn't it make a whole lot more sense to post your question in a California forum, rather than in a NJ forum?

(Hint: Insurance regulations vary to a drastic extent from one state to another, and no matter what a NJ Geico policy-holder might tell you, that information is probably not valid advice for a CA Geico policy-holder.

Last edited by Retriever; 10-18-2017 at 04:49 PM..

Old 10-18-2017, 05:35 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,868,278 times
Dude, stop. Next thing you know you'll be asking why they dredged up a thread from three years ago.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:47 PM

235 posts, read 263,219 times
Quote:
I just got a camera ticket for turning right at a red light and not stopping. It turned red just before I got to the line. My worry is going to court and the judge looking at the film because it LOOKS as if I cut in front of the guy behind me because at first I was not quite in the lane as if I had just turned and was finishing merging into the lane, but he was very close.

Can they fine me on something else on top of the ticket even if we don’t know the details, I don’t remember anymore.

Secondly how many points will it count there is no way I can pay the ticket and I think I read something about either oay the fine or take a class and I haven’t taken the safety ciurse for geico and am thinking about taking it before the court date,
You do not get points for a camera ticket because the camera does not know who is driving the car. Effectively, it is the car that gets the ticket, not the driver.

Also, you cannot be fined for something you weren't charged for. If you don't remember the details, you will have a hard time successfully contesting a ticket. I got a red light camera ticket 3 years ago for doing a rolling stop on a right on red. The fine was $85.

Last edited by NJ to MA; 10-18-2017 at 07:01 PM..

Old 10-18-2017, 07:03 PM

235 posts, read 263,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Dude, stop. Next thing you know you'll be asking why they dredged up a thread from three years ago.
There is a rule about thread dredges. Anybody who dredges a thread more than a year old has to buy a round of beers for everybody else in the thread.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:28 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,146,620 times
Quote:
$480 ticket show up or pay, but I am worried both about having them charge me more and then any points Geico might charge me here in California and I did look it up thank you for how to to do it.

“
You got a $480 ticket from a camera??? A few years ago I got 2 camera tickets in the DC area and I think they were only about $35-40 each.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:37 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times
Quote:
I just got a camera ticket for turning right at a red light and not stopping. It turned red just before I got to the line. My worry is going to court and the judge looking at the film because it LOOKS as if I cut in front of the guy behind me because at first I was not quite in the lane as if I had just turned and was finishing merging into the lane, but he was very close.

Can they fine me on something else on top of the ticket even if we don’t know the details, I don’t remember anymore.

Secondly how many points will it count there is no way I can pay the ticket and I think I read something about either oay the fine or take a class and I haven’t taken the safety ciurse for geico and am thinking about taking it before the court date,
I was under the impression that red light camera tickets were discontinued in NJ....

Old 10-20-2017, 03:41 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I was under the impression that red light camera tickets were discontinued in NJ....
Yes, those red light cameras were outlawed in NJ, but this person is posting his question in the NJ Forum in regard to a ticket that he received in California.

I don't understand the... logic (???)... behind his posting of that California-centric question in the NJ Forum, but perhaps someone else can find some logic in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: