Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 01:08 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
I would only plead out to the NJ non-points violation if you already have points on your license.

If you are only getting two points on your license, the costs of pleading out to a non-points violation, depending on your insurance, would be a wash, especially since those 2 points would be off your record in a year anyway.
Never let points get on your license without a fight. Even if you can predict they will be gone within a year. Any ADDITIONAL tickets now put you in extreme danger. You will be forced to drive uber-defensively while those points exist. If you have a clean license, protect it like a mother lion protects her cubs. It's as important as your FICO score. Any points are too many points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 10:36 PM

17 posts, read 244,019 times
Default update

I just got my bill it is holding strong at $250 only $3 higher than what I was paying in March!!!Whew! What a relief. Btw I do not think the $3 increase is because of tickets. Most likely taxes and other discrepancies.

now I am just worried about what it will be next march... Maybe I'm under a year review or something.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:35 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
To the OP,

Just for the future, always fight tickets. For something like speeding when you otherwise have a perfect record, the prosecutor will always cut you a deal = higher fine, but fewer points. When points are involved, it's always worth speaking to the prosecutor.
FYI in NJ I would say about 99% of the time if you took that ticket to court they would offer to drop it to 2 points instead of 4 points. You would still pay the $ but it would be slightly better for you. Just remember that for the future.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:44 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,410 times
There is legislation that's been on the books for over ten years and probably longer that states the first speeding summons 1-14 mph over the posted limit cannot be used to increase the policy holder's insurance rate. It's not in Title 39 but the state's insurance regulations.

Of course a lawyer will never tell you then out of fear they will lose a client to the BS no point violation.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:27 PM

13 posts, read 43,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
Every auto insurance company cares about speeding tickets. What kind of question is this?
It's the kind of question where intelligent people want to calculate the cost/benefit decision of getting a speeding ticket amended vs outright paying it. Thanks for wasting my time with your irrelevant post!

Old 03-27-2017, 01:53 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,867,411 times
You're the one who dug it up from four years ago, so thanks for your staggeringly relevant take. Sure is a hot one.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:04 PM

857 posts, read 834,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiggity View Post
It's the kind of question where intelligent people want to calculate the cost/benefit decision of getting a speeding ticket amended vs outright paying it. Thanks for wasting my time with your irrelevant post!
Intelegent people would follow the law and not get a ticket in the first place.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:27 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
Intelegent people would follow the law and not get a ticket in the first place.
Oh, the irony...

Old 03-29-2017, 08:26 AM

857 posts, read 834,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Oh, the irony...
I know. It's unbelievable.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:14 PM

3 posts, read 7,314 times
I just got a camera ticket for turning right at a red light and not stopping. It turned red just before I got to the line. My worry is going to court and the judge looking at the film because it LOOKS as if I cut in front of the guy behind me because at first I was not quite in the lane as if I had just turned and was finishing merging into the lane, but he was very close.

Can they fine me on something else on top of the ticket even if we don’t know the details, I don’t remember anymore.

Secondly how many points will it count there is no way I can pay the ticket and I think I read something about either oay the fine or take a class and I haven’t taken the safety ciurse for geico and am thinking about taking it before the court date,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: