Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 5,048 times

Advertisements

Del Taco, Carl's Jr and JITB are primarily West Coast chains, I don't think there are even many west of the Miss.River. As for NJ we pretty much have everything and alot of it. However they could use more Arby's, as well as Sonic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 06:21 AM

691 posts, read 3,063,113 times
I know the Philly area is getting their first 2 within the next month or so - Limerick and Bensalem, PA. There are also plans to open a few in South Jersey - Audubon and Voorhees I believe.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:42 AM

607 posts, read 958,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctrojan12 View Post
Del Taco, Carl's Jr and JITB are primarily West Coast chains, I don't think there are even many west of the Miss.River. As for NJ we pretty much have everything and alot of it. However they could use more Arby's, as well as Sonic.
What Jersey lacks in variety for the various fast food chains it more than makes up for with the abundance of diners across our state.

A town without a diner (or two) is like a swimming pool without water; you can go, but there is something significant missing in your experience...

Old 06-17-2008, 08:22 AM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,106,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sunflower View Post
Went to a Sonic for the first time this past summer in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas and was not at all impressed. Took 15 minutes just to get an ice cream sundae and the place wasn't even busy. The service was way to slow for us northerners who want everything fast. I'd rather eat in an airconditioned McDonalds than waste gas keeping the airconditioning going while eatting in the car.
I got the same experience driving to TX and stopping in Arkansas on I-30 (don't remember the name) first time at Sonic. It was March, cold and windy day, service was slow and burger was nothing special. Plus I don't like to eat in the car.
What Jersey needs is In-and-Out Burger (as in CA) or Whataburger (tried in TX)

Old 06-17-2008, 08:52 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,637,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
Has anyone else spent several years tortured by Sonic commercials??

Finally our very first NJ Sonic, opening sometime this month on Route 9 in Waretown ( near Barnaget ).

I had Sonic once in the sticks in PA and looovvveddd it. This is gonna be great to have one near our own shore during the summer!!

And rumor has it there is a 2nd coming too, but the location has not been revealed.
Wow, im taking my mother there, shes from the south and would love it. I been there a few times, I think they skate ur food out and u park and have ur own ordering speaking right at the window and u eat in ur car, lol

Old 06-17-2008, 09:06 AM

9,379 posts, read 20,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian View Post
I got the same experience driving to TX and stopping in Arkansas on I-30 (don't remember the name) first time at Sonic. It was March, cold and windy day, service was slow and burger was nothing special. Plus I don't like to eat in the car.
I think NJ is fine just the way it is when it comes to franchising and limiting availability. NJ has one of the finest independent restaurant lists in the country IMO. That's one of NJ's strongest points. Why in the world would we want to infuse more sameness into the landscape? NJ's ability to limit franchise availability is inherently good, as it helps small entreprenurial small restaurants have a greater chance of success.

Last edited by mike0421; 06-17-2008 at 09:33 AM..

Old 06-17-2008, 09:31 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,713,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I think NJ is fine just the way it is when it comes to franchising a limiting availability. NJ has one of the finest independent restaurant lists in the country IMO. That's one of NJ's strongest points. Why in the world would we want to infuse more sameness into the landscape? NJ's ability to limit franchise availability is inherently good, as it helps small entreprenurial small restaurants have a greater chance of success.
i was waiting for your post, as you can say it much more eloquently than I. on my other board people talk about this chain or that chain and my answer is usually 1 of 2:

1) we don't have that
2) never heard of it

NJ's been late to the game with Target and Walmart as well (and the "Super" version of both places), and that's A-OK with me.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:33 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,713,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian View Post
i wanted to try In-and-Out when I was in Arizona last year, but didn't have the time. Honestly, the way it's hyped, I have a feeling I'd be really disappointed. Are they really all that?

Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 AM

9,379 posts, read 20,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i wanted to try In-and-Out when I was in Arizona last year, but didn't have the time. Honestly, the way it's hyped, I have a feeling I'd be really disappointed. Are they really all that?
Tahiti,

Since you know Hudson County, I am sure you've been to White Mana on Tonelle. In and Out Burger, on their best day, couldn't approach this masterpiece. The White Rose system as well, in Highland Park and other locations, these are true Jersey institutions, and are capable of making way better products than In N Out.

I've been to In N Out, a lot. Here is why they are popular and succeed: 1) they train their personnel to be extremely friendly, which is good and 2) every one of them is clean. These two factors can always mask a very mediocre product in the form of taste. In N Out has a great business model, but their product is slightly above mediocre. In fact, their french fries aren't really good at all.

That said, if you want a Jersey burger in a clean location with good service, go to Jackson Hole in Englewood. Their burgers blow the socks off of In N Out.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:10 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,404,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
They're definitely good- we had several locations in Las Vegas. Would I drive out of my way for one? Nope, but if it was even close to lunch or dinner time and I was nearby, I'd definitely make the time to stop. On the fast-food rating scale, I'd say you've got a few levels:

Tops: In-n-Out, Fatburger, Del Taco, Arby's, Chick-Fil-A
Middle: JITB, Sonic, Carl's Jr, Hardees
Bottom of the Barrel: McDonalds, Burger King

One you've probably never heard of is Zaxby's, since it's a franchise that started here in GA- it's got to be the best chicken out there. Even better than Chick-Fil-A, which is a lot for me to say, considering I place Chick-Fil-A pretty high up on the fast food totem pole.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey