Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,209 times

Advertisements

I have a question: I have my road test on June 29 and I never got my red decals, so will I be disqualified or can I still get my red decals after I take my road test. Or should I go to the dmv early and get the red decals?!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 10:59 AM

474 posts, read 1,259,871 times
Default My Experience Many Years Ago

I know it was a long time since I passed my test but it looks like Bakers Basin still has its share of testers who act like they hate their job.
When my driving school instructor saw who was going to give me the test, he went "oh no". The tester was a woman, looked like early forties, with auburn hair. She was the rudest person I had met in a long time. She criticized every little thing - one would think she had measured where I stopped at the sign in millimeters. Naturally she failed me and never spoke a single word when she got out of the car. Needless to say I was very disappointed and actually complained to her boss.

A few weeks later I received a letter asking if I would agree to come in and testify at a hearing regarding this woman. When I arrived there were at least four other people who felt much as I did. We all said we hadn't gotten a fair shake and her attitude was nasty. The outcome was she was allowed to "resign". Not even moved to another station.

Next time the testor was a kindly man, probably in his fifties (which was old to me then). Very calm and patient. In parallel parking I rubbed the curb. Instead of marking me down immediately, he simply asked "Seems we are at the curb. Now what would we do to correct this?" I proceeded to do some gear shifts and small wheels turns and ending up perfectly parked. I passed the parking, and the rest of the test. I will never forget that kind man.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:17 PM

668 posts, read 470,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk.0629 View Post
I have a question: I have my road test on June 29 and I never got my red decals, so will I be disqualified or can I still get my red decals after I take my road test. Or should I go to the dmv early and get the red decals?!?!?

Go early and get them, They will fail you for this. Some driving schools have them too.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:19 PM

668 posts, read 470,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecayingAngel View Post
I know it was a long time since I passed my test but it looks like Bakers Basin still has its share of testers who act like they hate their job.
When my driving school instructor saw who was going to give me the test, he went "oh no". The tester was a woman, looked like early forties, with auburn hair. She was the rudest person I had met in a long time. She criticized every little thing - one would think she had measured where I stopped at the sign in millimeters. Naturally she failed me and never spoke a single word when she got out of the car. Needless to say I was very disappointed and actually complained to her boss.

A few weeks later I received a letter asking if I would agree to come in and testify at a hearing regarding this woman. When I arrived there were at least four other people who felt much as I did. We all said we hadn't gotten a fair shake and her attitude was nasty. The outcome was she was allowed to "resign". Not even moved to another station.

Next time the testor was a kindly man, probably in his fifties (which was old to me then). Very calm and patient. In parallel parking I rubbed the curb. Instead of marking me down immediately, he simply asked "Seems we are at the curb. Now what would we do to correct this?" I proceeded to do some gear shifts and small wheels turns and ending up perfectly parked. I passed the parking, and the rest of the test. I will never forget that kind man.

OMG there are some there who just are miserable. When i took my daughter (4 years ago), we were in line, and when it was her turn, she got this guy who I KNEW was friendly... she lucked out big time because the other 2 women doing tests that day were rude as hell.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey