Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 11:17 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times

Advertisements

I know at some of the driver test courses they give out truck driving tests on Saturdays and wil chase you away if you're driving the course but I think Sundays no one is there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 09:59 PM

1 posts, read 17,358 times
i have my test in 2 weeks, are all the employees bad their or is it just some of them? and do they still fail people for no reason a lot?

Old 02-17-2015, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 17,334 times
I have my road test in two weeks I failed my first at Rahway and I am scare know I am going to Baker's Basin please give me some advice or tell me how long the road test takes thanks

Old 08-19-2015, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 17,890 times
I have a question for the parallel parking? Is it in a tight spot to park? Like the one in cherry hill road test section

Old 11-05-2015, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 16,799 times
Hi Folks,

I recently had my road test at Basker Basin's, Lawrenceville, NJ and let me tell you that it was pretty easy and I got my license in my first attempt. As soon as you reach the test center you will be asked you 6 point ID, Insurance card (mine for expired so I had to rush back and get it), registration papers and then your test conductor will ask you to follow his/her instructions.

I would recommend you to listen to them carefully and converse in a polite manner and you will come out with a license in your hand. Here is what I was asked: (speed of car for the entire test will be 10 to 15 miles/hr) I know that's slow but that's how you pass the test.
1.Start your engine and make a right turn (remember to put the turn signal on) and make your actions clearly visible to your examiner.
2. Drive straight until the STOP sign (Put sure to come to complete and I mean COMPLETE STOP for 10 seconds count it in your head).
3. Make a left turn (of course with the turn signal ON) and stay in your lane.
4. There will be a circular curve, make sure you stay in lane.
5. Then there will be series of left and right turns (hope you have been through the road course on google maps!) to test how fluidly you turn the steering wheel.
6. Make sure you look out of the window when you see a yield sign.
7. Then Parallel park between the cones (make sure you practice this a lot to get the hang of it) with turn signals and remember to park within 6 inches of the curb, examiner is very particular about this (I did that and examiner said he has never seen anybody park so perfectly like I did).
8. Finally from the parallel park position come out by making a K-TURN, make sure you don't hit the cones in the front and behind the car. Be sure to use the turn signals while doing K-TURN.
9. After that is done make sure the car is stopped and in PARK position and don't remove your seat belts.

Hope this helps some of you guys! ALL THE BEST, be calm and you will get the license!!!

Old 11-05-2015, 10:44 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,974,152 times
If it makes you feel any better I took my drivers test there in 1998 before I even really knew what the interwebs was and I did fine

Old 07-21-2016, 06:17 AM

1 posts, read 16,317 times
I had my exam there yesterday. I failed, and I'm driving with my family (my husband has license) often without any problems.
The course is short and very curvy, lanes are tight and shoulder is about 10cm long. Your speed should be around 10-15. I was fine until my examiner started to ask me to take more to the right. I did, she lol td me same thing, I did it a little bit more again but she continued to insist on taking to the right again. I should have trust myself more, cause I saw that's to close already, but I tried to please her and went off the course. Automatic fail.
Later on my instructor told me they know this examiner, she always tells people to take to the right until late they fall. He said I was driving perfectly in the middle of the lane before she started to ask me to take more to the right.
So be cautious, trust yourself, don't ignore your examiner but remember that you are responsible for you driving.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 15,932 times
I failed in two times in road test. I have not completed parrall parking and k turned. Help how to complete parallel parking and then k turned

Old 10-23-2019, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 13,413 times
Default back up camera or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime109 View Post
Hey All,

I've been looking around lots of forums and google answers and can't get an accurate, step-by-step explanation of what is involved in the closed course road test at Bakers Basin. Can you remember/describe, in as much detail as you can, your road test?

I took a practice drive around the course today, and it seems incredibly easy, but I am still concerned about what little things they look for in the test, such as what the speed limit is, if they make you park on the hill, at what point they make to drive backwards and things like that. The DMV site lists "what's tested", but doesn't list them in any particular order.

[url=http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/RoadTest.htm]State of New Jersey - Motor Vehicle Commission[/url]

Also, here is a google map of the closed course, for those who aren't familiar with the bakers basin course.

[url=http://g.co/maps/3zav8]3200 Brunswick Pike Route 1 North Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 - Google Maps[/url]
MY TEEN JUST FAILED ON MONDAY. JUST BEFORE THEY WENT TO P PARK, HE TOLD HER SHE WASN'T ALLOWED TO LOOK AT THE BACK UP CAMERA WHEN ON THE DMV WEBSITE UNDER "HOW TO SCHEDULE A ROAD TEST" IT SAYS "Backup cameras and parking sensors that have been installed on a motor vehicle are permitted to be used during a road test."

SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE, THESE GUYS ARE D!<#$ AND ALWAYS WILL BE. GO TO FLEMINGTON.

ps, no hills and the only time you back up is when you parallel park and then you have to k turn directly out of your parallel park and back into the parallel parking space and pull out making a left.

Old 10-23-2019, 05:20 PM

668 posts, read 470,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsewgirl View Post
MY TEEN JUST FAILED ON MONDAY. JUST BEFORE THEY WENT TO P PARK, HE TOLD HER SHE WASN'T ALLOWED TO LOOK AT THE BACK UP CAMERA WHEN ON THE DMV WEBSITE UNDER "HOW TO SCHEDULE A ROAD TEST" IT SAYS "Backup cameras and parking sensors that have been installed on a motor vehicle are permitted to be used during a road test."

SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE, THESE GUYS ARE D!<#$ AND ALWAYS WILL BE. GO TO FLEMINGTON.

ps, no hills and the only time you back up is when you parallel park and then you have to k turn directly out of your parallel park and back into the parallel parking space and pull out making a left.

Now my kid did hers 3 years ago, but i specifically remember them telling me to cover the camera screen prior to the test. We taped a piece of cardboard over it so she wouldn't be tempted to look at it. And that was at Bakers Basin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey