Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 01:23 PM

9 posts, read 41,957 times

Advertisements

I was surprised no one posted a link to the NJ Monthly list. Here it is:

http://www.njmonthly.com/toptowns/townlist.lasso (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2006, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 6,831 times
Talking Best town

If you want the quiet farming type of town then come to New Egypt. Because nothing happens here the biggest thing so far is robberies of businesses. Everyone knows everyone and everyone is in everyones business so if you like that visit New Egypt.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,829 times
Ventnor City.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:05 AM

3 posts, read 15,717 times
Stay Away from Brick & Toms River, way too much Traffic.
Lacey Township has great schools. Waretown is not up & coming & never will be, it' a bunch of poor rednecks on the wrong side of the powerplant.

Good Towns HMMM I've been just about everywhere & I have to agree Verona & the Caldwells are Amazing. I love driving home from there at night (I live in Point Beach) down 280 with the rocks on either side coming down the mountain with the beautiful City-like view of all the lights across Jersey. It always puts a smile on my face.

I'm partial to being close to the city (NYC) so even though Cape May is great it's sooooo far away from everything. Flemington is beautiful, but again far.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:37 PM

7 posts, read 31,349 times
How far is Caldwell from NYC?

Old 12-01-2006, 07:48 PM

109 posts, read 477,750 times
I love Toms River, but Barnegat and Manahawkin are up and coming. Lacey/Forked River is hard to get into and out of. Theres only 1 supermarket and tons of traffic.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:17 PM

5 posts, read 20,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon35 View Post
Best town in NJ would be Caldwell...
I work in Caldwell, and live in Sparta, both very nice.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:31 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,629,829 times
"He's part of the reason why this town has such a positive image,"
Quote by one of Brick Mayor Joe Scarpelli's supporters. Once again another politician in New Jersey gives us a black eye. Brick has enjoyed the reputation of being one of the safest places to live for some time. Now the investigation of corruption in the town will overshadow that fact. I'm sure the democrats will have a field day............oh wait, Scarpelli is a democrat. I can't wait to hear the excuses on this one.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:27 PM

2 posts, read 9,311 times
Dear PTMLAMMM - I live in a small town close to Cherry Hill called Barrington. It's an older town and very nice. I've lived in Central NJ and NY and I love SW Jersey. I think you'll like it. I'd recomment the East side of Cherry Hill or Voorhees if you want a bigger town.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,810 times
Metuchen is a decent town, used to be better, but still good, small town and and close to nyc and the beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey