Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:34 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,946,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Ah, you did not like the hookers?

If I told you of a plateau lying 10,000 feet elevation with trout streams, aspen forests, grasslands, elk herds, in the heart of Nevada? And that is just one of the treasures to be found.
where is this? elko? or ruby valley?

Old 02-12-2007, 09:18 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,445,556 times
A treasure hunt for you... Remember Elko and Ruby valley are in valleys, this is high, really high. You can easily spend a month there and not see a soul.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:58 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,946,922 times
Quote:
A treasure hunt for you... Remember Elko and Ruby valley are in valleys, this is high, really high. You can easily spend a month there and not see a soul.
i am not new to nevada area been there for many years but never heard of this, i dont live there now so i cant go there and find out for myself, that is why we have boards like these so people can help each other out. the only other place i have seen like this was out side of fallon about 2 hours east. but dont know the name of the place

Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 AM

I private messaged you

Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,415,020 times
Quote:
I private messaged you
Awe not fair, I'm going to be very new to the area and would love to hear about this spot.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:27 PM

Two hours on a dirt road, then a 6 hour hike, straight up.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Two hours on a dirt road, then a 6 hour hike, straight up.
Sorry you haven't lost my interest yet.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:27 AM

14 posts, read 49,536 times
Default Show some appreciation!

First of all, the only areas that are too expensive are Las Vegas and Tahoe. I know a few people that live in Las Vegas and they don't much like it - school suck and the traffic from the millions of tourist every DAY make errands a nightmare. Tahoe is absolutely beautiful, but is way to expensive for most peopl though it is a great weekend destination! I spent some time in the desert between Las Vegas and Death Valley and it was absolutely gorgeous (geologist talking)! Deserts have a wide range of biota that are exclusive and quite interesting. Not to mention that you won't see a soul for days if you don't pick the typical touristy spots. Nevada has a great amount of history - you have heard of the gold rush right?? and I could be a smarty pants and talk about the amazing geological history of Nevada, but I won't go there - check it out for yourself

Old 02-14-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Mama View Post
First of all, the only areas that are too expensive are Las Vegas and Tahoe. I know a few people that live in Las Vegas and they don't much like it - school suck and the traffic from the millions of tourist every DAY make errands a nightmare. Tahoe is absolutely beautiful, but is way to expensive for most peopl though it is a great weekend destination! I spent some time in the desert between Las Vegas and Death Valley and it was absolutely gorgeous (geologist talking)! Deserts have a wide range of biota that are exclusive and quite interesting. Not to mention that you won't see a soul for days if you don't pick the typical touristy spots. Nevada has a great amount of history - you have heard of the gold rush right?? and I could be a smarty pants and talk about the amazing geological history of Nevada, but I won't go there - check it out for yourself
I noticed your log in name and must ask, what kind of muscle car do you have, my husband and I are moving to Lovelock and we are bringing down our 67 Camaro along with our 92 ZR1 Corvette and 90 Corvette. the main reason we chose Nevada was for the motor head activities. Sorry didn't mean to get off the subject.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:43 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,671,723 times
I got my car stuck in the sand in some Nevada State Park once. I had just started scratching my head, figuring what I was going to do...and four people materialized, without being asked, to help my sorry a-- out.

Something similar happened to me in Berkeley, CA, land of peace, love, and crunchy granola, and nobody lifted a finger. They didn't even want to look.

Vegas is for the tourists. Nevadans are alright. You motor around the desert, you can meet lots of nice people. But it's a free wheeling place, you have to watch yourself, too.

People want a "safe adventure," they should go to Disneyland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada