Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:46 PM

99 posts, read 416,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I think the desert is very pretty. I also think Georgia is beautiful...the couple times I have been there.
Nevada is beautiful--PERIOD! I can't wait to move there. These boards breed negativity, oh well--good luck, everybody. There are always naysayers, so let's press on, folks! God love, olecapt (I'm Buddhist, at the very least)., but people are just bound to be unhappy--it's true. Night, folks....

Old 08-04-2008, 05:14 PM

7 posts, read 14,907 times
Quote:
(I'm Buddhist, at the very least
lol, me too.

the bathrooms are terrible, and although I am white, I confess to being most afraid of creepy white men. We just moved from Hawaii and I love the desert! the lighting and wildlife are pristine. We bought a very great house for a fraction of the money, and I am installing a lap pool and decorating with things from Bali and places I have traveled to.

I am very interested in desert gardening and love Phoenix Home and Garden magazine.
My husband and I love to cycle, don't drug and drink. He will train for Triatholons out there (Laughlin) We love to hike...photography..exercise..etc The river is sublime.

If anyone breaks in, I will not hesitate to shoot them. I can't wait to see the Big Horn Sheep, I hear they appear behind our home, at times. We bank online...love the gro store in Laughlin (bagged nuts, dried fruits, cut up fresh vegtables, an A plus butcher)

We don't gamble, go to shows, chain food places but we still love it out there. To be honest, we shop in LA, love LA, love Hawaii but love Nevada too! Every place is different.... Our neighbors are nice and we like Mexicans very much. The white people are okay, just pretty lazy, to be honest.

Our movers came from Hillman, and they would move one box and smoke three cigarettes and make a drink, use our bathroom, and say "I bet those Hawaiians were really slow, huh?" and we said "actually, no." I've been all over, and if you can get used to all the white people, Nevada is wonderful. I guess it is just cuture shock for me, even though I am white, I have not lived any place with so many "members of my tribe"

I can tell you, without a doubt---I have lived all over the world, white people have the dirtiest bathrooms on the planet. (what is wrong with these people regarding bathrooms?)

Go to a poor third world place with a hole in the ground, and people are neater, seriously.

Did I mention, I still love Nevada?

The thing that is creepy about white men, I think, is that they stare at you. I won't lie, it scares me. There are gas stations I won't go in out here in the desert but I have been all over the world to some very dangerous places and felt okay. Maybe because all the serial killers, child abductors are middle aged white men? I don't know, but I'll get used to it.

Last edited by freediver; 08-04-2008 at 05:28 PM..

Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freediver View Post
lol, me too.

the bathrooms are terrible, and although I am white, I confess to being most afraid of creepy white men. We just moved from Hawaii and I love the desert! the lighting and wildlife are pristine. We bought a very great house for a fraction of the money, and I am installing a lap pool and decorating with things from Bali and places I have traveled to.

I am very interested in desert gardening and love Phoenix Home and Garden magazine.
My husband and I love to cycle, don't drug and drink. He will train for Triatholons out there (Laughlin) We love to hike...photography..exercise..etc The river is sublime.

If anyone breaks in, I will not hesitate to shoot them. I can't wait to see the Big Horn Sheep, I hear they appear behind our home, at times. We bank online...love the gro store in Laughlin (bagged nuts, dried fruits, cut up fresh vegtables, an A plus butcher)

We don't gamble, go to shows, chain food places but we still love it out there. To be honest, we shop in LA, love LA, love Hawaii but love Nevada too! Every place is different.... Our neighbors are nice and we like Mexicans very much. The white people are okay, just pretty lazy, to be honest.

Our movers came from Hillman, and they would move one box and smoke three cigarettes and make a drink, use our bathroom, and say "I bet those Hawaiians were really slow, huh?" and we said "actually, no." I've been all over, and if you can get used to all the white people, Nevada is wonderful. I guess it is just cuture shock for me, even though I am white, I have not lived any place with so many "members of my tribe"

I can tell you, without a doubt---I have lived all over the world, white people have the dirtiest bathrooms on the planet. (what is wrong with these people regarding bathrooms?)

Go to a poor third world place with a hole in the ground, and people are neater, seriously.

The thing that is creepy about white men, I think, is that they stare at you. I won't lie, it scares me. There are gas stations I won't go in out here in the desert but I have been all over the world to some very dangerous places and felt okay. Maybe because all the serial killers, child abductors are middle aged white men? I don't know, but I'll get used to it.
wow....that is actually racist. you tried to veil it w/ "no, but i love nevada..." but you peppered everything w/ anti-white comments. if you had actually said that about any other race i would bet the mods would have deleted your thread.

only white men leer at people. only white men are capable of horrible crimes. only white people are lazy. only white people have dirty bathrooms.

that's just absurd and naive. there are bad people, lazy people, dirty people of all races, colors, etc. take the atrocities currently happening in africa...read up on darfur for example. or read the accounts of past crimes perpetrated on china by japan. or look at the gangs in latin america. not a lot of white on any of that....bet they all have dirty bathrooms, too.

next time you have something wonderful to share about your likes of NV try to act better than the people you are supposedly better than.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:26 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Yup...also a bathroom fetish. Overcompensating for own failures?

Old 08-05-2008, 11:26 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freediver View Post
lol, me too.

I can tell you, without a doubt---I have lived all over the world, white people have the dirtiest bathrooms on the

Hey you...

Stop hiding under the veil "I still love Nevada"...if you find so much fault with the land that the white people (you seem to despise) created 232 years ago, then....GET OUT and go find some place in the world where you'll fit in... and kindly take all your racist notions with you...

Last edited by MomMom; 08-05-2008 at 12:55 PM..

Old 08-05-2008, 08:15 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
proof positive that all of the nuts aren't in the fruitcake

mod note: Ok, so some of you are jumping all over a white person for saying that they're scared of creepy white men and calling her racist and other names. Just report the post please if you really think that somebody is being racist. The moderators will make a determination whether to edit or otherwise let the post stand.

Let's let this topic cool for awhile. Thread temporarily closed.

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-05-2008 at 09:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada