Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 11:21 AM

472 posts, read 378,661 times

Advertisements

It's just getting worse with this governor.

Quote:
In the coming weeks, Sisolak said he will solidify plans for phase one of reopening the economy in Nevada. "Once the curve is flattened, our goal is to keep it that way. This of this as phase zero" he said.
Coming weeks, weeks!!!! Phase zero!!!!!

F%$#kin moron.

Old 04-27-2020, 11:27 AM

743 posts, read 968,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickydim View Post
it's just getting worse with this governor.

Coming weeks, weeks!!!! Phase zero!!!!!

F%$#kin moron.
omg.

Old 04-27-2020, 11:28 AM

743 posts, read 968,978 times
The sad thing is, he can absolutely destroy our state and get re-elected! That’s how far blue we’ve gone.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:49 PM

848 posts, read 648,744 times
The only hope I have at this point is that the Colorado, whose reopening looks very similar to that of Georgia, shows the other states in the Western pact the way forward with its plan. I thought the following quotes from the Democratic governor of Colorado made more sense than anything I have heard from Sisolak and his minions over the last several weeks, and furthermore, it certainly sounds to me like he has been paying attention to what Sweden has been doing.

"We always wish ... that I had next week's information and next month's information available to me today," Polis said in an interview on CNN's "State of the Union." "That's not the world we live in. We have to make the best informed decisions, based on data and science, with the information we have."

"What we know is that what matters a lot more than the date that the stay-at-home ends is what we do going forward, and ... how we have an ongoing, sustainable way, psychologically, economically, and from a health perspective, to have the social distancing we need at workplaces, where people recreate, and across the board," Polis replied.

"Otherwise, if we can't succeed in doing that on an ongoing basis, the stay-at-home was for nothing," he added. "It doesn't accomplish anything, if it's not replaced with practices that are sustainable for the weeks and months that it's likely to remain with us."

Source: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-reopen-209483

Old 04-27-2020, 11:26 PM

1,066 posts, read 893,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
The only hope I have at this point is that the Colorado, whose reopening looks very similar to that of Georgia, shows the other states in the Western pact the way forward with its plan. I thought the following quotes from the Democratic governor of Colorado made more sense than anything I have heard from Sisolak and his minions over the last several weeks, and furthermore, it certainly sounds to me like he has been paying attention to what Sweden has been doing.

"We always wish ... that I had next week's information and next month's information available to me today," Polis said in an interview on CNN's "State of the Union." "That's not the world we live in. We have to make the best informed decisions, based on data and science, with the information we have."

"What we know is that what matters a lot more than the date that the stay-at-home ends is what we do going forward, and ... how we have an ongoing, sustainable way, psychologically, economically, and from a health perspective, to have the social distancing we need at workplaces, where people recreate, and across the board," Polis replied.

"Otherwise, if we can't succeed in doing that on an ongoing basis, the stay-at-home was for nothing," he added. "It doesn't accomplish anything, if it's not replaced with practices that are sustainable for the weeks and months that it's likely to remain with us."

Source: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-reopen-209483
Welcome to the western coalition!!

Oregon announced elective medical procedures would be allowed, Washington is opening fishing hunting and golf courses, along with more construction. You should keep up on the news better so you’re not so misinformed on motives etc!

Old 04-28-2020, 09:15 AM

55 posts, read 27,528 times
Key paragraph:

"Colorado has about three times as many coronavirus cases and deaths as Nevada, yet hair salons, dog groomers and personal trainers are permitted to start opening this week in some areas."

The masses are asking Steve Sisolak...why? Steve is ensconced with his wife in their most comfortable home, with her cutting his hair, and he's not sure when he'll be able to address that question. He's apparently too busy trying to find another call center for the tens of thousands of unemployed who can't get through to the unemployment department, and who have received no money for at least five weeks. But fear not, Steve will get back to you soon about that Colorado business. Really, he will!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/invest...waits-2016099/

Old 04-29-2020, 10:27 AM

55 posts, read 27,528 times
Default The Great Disaster That Is Steve Sisolak

Nevada Held Hostage: The Unmitigated Disaster of the #SisolakShutdown – MUTH'S TRUTHS

Old 04-29-2020, 11:24 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,373,552 times
I think some of his edicts have been okay, others not so much. This is all uncharted water and no governor has been perfect. The problem is people expect a plan. Something solid, and not the vague and uncertain things we've been hearing.

The longer this goes on, the more people are going to tune him out, and that will hold true for a lot of places besides Nevada. With him having the keys to the car, however, we still have to live for the most part with what he decides to do.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:38 AM

783 posts, read 841,604 times
A good article about this subject:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...evada-2017080/

President Trump even asked the governor about reopening

Old 04-29-2020, 11:39 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,059,128 times
No We don't. Executive orders are not laws. No Governor has the legal power to legislate from their office without oversight.

His orders set policy for Government institutions that fall under his chain of command. The Governor has no power to directly decree the people to do anything.

The Assembly must first pass a bill that the Governor then signs into law.

Any executive orders that breach the Constitution are unenforceable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada