Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 11:59 AM

48 posts, read 163,120 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone has any info on rentals either house or mobile home in Tonopah. I don't need exacts just looking for ballpark figures for 3 or more bedrooms. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 AM

5 posts, read 26,287 times
I have a friend that lives there. There is an apartment complex, rents are about $300 there. Try to find a house, maybe, rent would be very reasonable also.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:21 AM

48 posts, read 163,120 times
Thanks for the info!! I think I will have to just plan a week out in Vegas where I can drive up and scope things out since it looks like we will be moving bofore the new school year.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:14 AM

5 posts, read 14,494 times
Here's what Tonopah has to offer. Tonopah Studio Apartments rent for $299/month, Sierra Inn Apartments and Townhomes start at $350/month, and there is a third apartment that has only basic cable( read Reno Channels instead of Dish and Vegas channels) that is 245/mo.

[mod cut-- no recommendations from new members]
Tonopah which is the government seat of the legendary Kingdom of Nye County as local radio host Art Bell termed it. In terms of the people, Tonopah has one of the most homogenious populations in the west. This means no youthful gangs of MS-13s, or bloods or crips roaming the street.

If your looking for a 50's style Ward Cleaver lifestyle with a decidedly old western angle; this is the place. If your looking for international big city glitz with a chance to celebrate diversity; Vegas is a three hour drive away on a cool western 2 lane highway through the death valley gateway town of Beatty( be sure to stay at the retro Atomic Inn).

After a weekend enjoying the luxuries of fun for tourists to Vegas you can go back to Tonopah and avoid finding out over the ensuing months just exactly where you fall in the socioeconomic neigborhood class structure of permanent Las Vegas citizens( If you are Turnberry Towers- great; but most will end up in the barrios...just sayin).

Now safely back in Tonopah after our weekend of luxury in Vegas, we survey that there are 6 gas stations, 1 small truck stop( for those who were Willin' to turn the Little Feat song into a career), 11 total restaurants including Kozy Korner Deli and Espresso with wifi, Picadadilly's Pizza at the Truck Stop, 3 fast food places-McDonald's, Burger King, and Subway. The Mitzpah's Dempsey Room and Pittman Cafe named after the boxer who was a Tonopah bouncer and Senator Key pittman who died there in 1940 and was reportedly left in a claw foot bath tub on ice until after the election so the connected mob backed Governor could then appoint his replacement.

That brings us to the Mizpah Hotel. it serves as a kind of historic gathering point for the citizens of Tonopah. There is a Tourmaline Jewelry sales area with the old bank vault, a bar and great basic food at the aforementioned Pittman Cafe and an unparalleled eating experience at the Dempsey room. A beautiful remodeled lobby leads to all of this.

And yes, Tonopah has the only supermarket (the Reno based Scolari's) for 2 hours either direction on Highway 95 in Central Nevada. Central Nevada Hardware, Nevada state bank, High desert furniture, Bar-L western clothing and 9 hotels dot the scenic high desrt mountain clad and view 6,100 foot elevation main street including The Mizpah, The Hi Desert Inn and the Ramada Tonopah station, and the decidedly creepy but lovable Clown Motel in front of the even creepier Old Miner's Cemetary.

The town has a Mining Museum and Central Nevada Museum for the historian in you. For the gambler in you the town has 3 gaming parlors, The Banc Club, the Tonopah Station and starting next year across from The Mizpah- hopefully with regular Texas Hold- Em tables next year.

Then there's the darkest, clearest Skies for stargazing in the nation according to a leading magazine with the accompanying driest weather in the nation (5 inches per year) and the lowest humidty of any city in the United States due to its elevated high desert location. This elevation also provides the desert dweller treat of (after a warm, sunny day) always cool, crisp, very windy desert evenings and nights in the spring, summer, and fall. And in the winter, the elevation brings out the kid in me a few times each season with the most beautiful high desert snowy landscape on the planet earth.

And most importantly, unlike in pahrump and Beatty,Frontier ( known for having operators located in Colorado instead of the usual India) can provide you with reliable high speed DSL Internet to happily continue your online life and career under the watchful eye of the new 650 foot Tonopah Solar energy tower with its 2 mile circumfrence of heliostat mirrors to create energy for most households in Nevada.

Oh and if you are political junkie; Nye County and Nevada have the first in the west early Quadrienal Presidential Caucuses in February, and online blogger and Libertarian party conventions every year in Las Vegas. To paraphrase Siskel & Ebert and the Wayan Brothers, I give Nye County's Tonopah two snaps way up!

Last edited by observer53; 10-10-2012 at 11:13 AM..

Old 09-24-2012, 01:01 PM

2,855 posts, read 4,532,944 times
i've heard hotel rooms & apartments are hard to come by at this point - the mines are making bank & the solar plant is in full construction mode....which means everyone & their brother is coming to town & wanting a place to stay. in the olden days you could show up & get a spot to stay, today it's way harder to do that.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 PM

52 posts, read 178,878 times
I used to live at the Tonopah Apartments. It was ok. I worked in Tonopah, but was way too remote for me, very remote. 4 hours from Reno, 4 hours from Las Vegas. Bishop, CA is about 2 hours away, and it's a cute little town in CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada