Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 02:37 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,387,579 times

Advertisements

Look at the big picture. Heavy handed feds use our tax dollars to mass a small army and issue a no fly zone against an old ranchers family.. To me it doesnt matter who is right or wrong.. Our govt does this instead of combat crime in our cities or patrol the boarder?? Im living in a country I dont recognize.. Has the governor of nevada commented.. Does our president have a comment about this? This is an historic event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 02:42 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,850,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
Look at the big picture. Heavy handed feds use our tax dollars to mass a small army and issue a no fly zone against an old ranchers family.. To me it doesnt matter who is right or wrong.. Our govt does this instead of combat crime in our cities or patrol the boarder?? Im living in a country I dont recognize.. Has the governor of nevada commented.. Does our president have a comment about this? This is an historic event.
It goes on every day. It is the eviction of a renter not paying the rent. Somewhat more complicated but basically the same.

Would you suggest we provide a free ride to all the big renters?

Old 04-14-2014, 03:10 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,662,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
It goes on every day. It is the eviction of a renter not paying the rent. Somewhat more complicated but basically the same.

Would you suggest we provide a free ride to all the big renters?
When the lessor doesnt provide services as agreed upon per contract with the lessee, then the rent is rendered null. Why should he pay someone a fee for nothing?

Old 04-14-2014, 03:38 PM

792 posts, read 1,305,340 times
I truly hope the people of Southern Nevada, and actually all American citizens combined, realize how fortunate we are today...the end result of last weeks fiasco could have had a much different ending...

I was around when this issue first came to light, well past 20 years ago..it didn't begin over night...There are, and have been, mistakes make by all parties concerned.

I guess my biggest question is why now, at this point in time, did BLM decide to aggressively act on a task that they were not prepared to accomplish, in a manner that compromised the health of the cattle (mechanized round up) during early calfing season, and at a time when social and political emotions are so fragile.

I do believe that Mr. Bundy is and has faired quite well financially over the years....probably much better than many of those "concerned citizens" or self proclaimed "militia" so eager to join the fray.

As last week wore on, simply based on the obvious escalation of emotion I feared the worst....one over zealous agent or supporter firing the shot heard, literally around the world...

What better forum than right there, on that desolate patch of desert, to once again ignite that on going battle and successfully institute a "national weapons ban"....if by the grace of God...no one was seriously injured or worse...

I spoke to several younger folks planning to attend that "show down" and honestly, not one truly understood the issue at hand...however they all had a mindset to die for that cause...whatever it was...pretty scary !

I commend the Clark County Sheriff for intervening, if to do nothing more than de escalate a situation that could have had catastrophic results for each and every one of us...regardless of where we stood politically or personally.

As stated, there are two sides to this and every story, and there, in the middle lies the truth. It is true, many ranchers have been forced out of the game....and it is very true...many law abiding ranchers pay assessed grazing fees each and every year.

I highly doubt this is the last we will hear of this long on-going battle, however I honestly wonder, how many of those well intended supporters would be prepared to fund any future legal battle, say to the tune of 1k a head...I would fathom a guess that the intense interest would fade rather quickly.

Keep in mind, I am NOT siding with either BLM or Bundy...not am I trying to instigate any more "conspiracy theories"....however the whole scenerio reeked !

One final thought...there you have what appears to be one wise, well accomplished rancher that is alleged to owe the government in excess of one million dollars...on the other side stands a government seeking any possible reason to eliminate any weapon that even looks threatening...had that conflict gone viral....we all could have been victims..intentional or other wise. Just a thought !

I don't propose to have a solution...however I don't propose to become a part of the problem either....this matter belongs in a court of law..let 12 of Mr. Bundy's peers hear the facts, and rule accordingly ....call it a day...!

It was reported that approximately 900 head of cattle call that barren stretch of desert home...that is a large herd on land that I would not consider prime grazing land, in an area, very hard to manage. How many of those cattle are feral, or carry no brand...kinda makes one wonder ! The Feds learned quick, that round up was no small task ! But we "the taxpayer" will pay for that lesson too !

I do realize there have been previous trials to which Bundy was not successful...third time is a charm...just one guys opinion !

Old 04-14-2014, 04:01 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,247,759 times
This government is already seeking to eliminate all weapons in private citizens possession.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:10 PM

792 posts, read 1,305,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
This government is already seeking to eliminate all weapons in private citizens possession.
That agenda has been clearly and openly expressed, and with that said, it is not wise to facilitate any further reason or justification...a point worth consideration !

Old 04-14-2014, 05:54 PM

4,632 posts, read 12,335,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
Our govt does this instead of combat crime in our cities or patrol the boarder?
The federal government spends more money on Border Patrol that any other single form of law enforcement.

Bundy had an agreement for x amount of dollars for 150 cattle. In 20 years he has not paid while my contributions have not stopped. Why does he have 900 cattle on my property he's not paid for in 20 years while I still pay? There's no justification for this. Our government is of the people and for the people, and if you want to affect change do it through appropriate channels and not defending a freeloader.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:59 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,850,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
I truly hope the people of Southern Nevada, and actually all American citizens combined, realize how fortunate we are today...the end result of last weeks fiasco could have had a much different ending...

I was around when this issue first came to light, well past 20 years ago..it didn't begin over night...There are, and have been, mistakes make by all parties concerned.

I guess my biggest question is why now, at this point in time, did BLM decide to aggressively act on a task that they were not prepared to accomplish, in a manner that compromised the health of the cattle (mechanized round up) during early calfing season, and at a time when social and political emotions are so fragile.

I do believe that Mr. Bundy is and has faired quite well financially over the years....probably much better than many of those "concerned citizens" or self proclaimed "militia" so eager to join the fray.

As last week wore on, simply based on the obvious escalation of emotion I feared the worst....one over zealous agent or supporter firing the shot heard, literally around the world...

What better forum than right there, on that desolate patch of desert, to once again ignite that on going battle and successfully institute a "national weapons ban"....if by the grace of God...no one was seriously injured or worse...

I spoke to several younger folks planning to attend that "show down" and honestly, not one truly understood the issue at hand...however they all had a mindset to die for that cause...whatever it was...pretty scary !

I commend the Clark County Sheriff for intervening, if to do nothing more than de escalate a situation that could have had catastrophic results for each and every one of us...regardless of where we stood politically or personally.

As stated, there are two sides to this and every story, and there, in the middle lies the truth. It is true, many ranchers have been forced out of the game....and it is very true...many law abiding ranchers pay assessed grazing fees each and every year.

I highly doubt this is the last we will hear of this long on-going battle, however I honestly wonder, how many of those well intended supporters would be prepared to fund any future legal battle, say to the tune of 1k a head...I would fathom a guess that the intense interest would fade rather quickly.

Keep in mind, I am NOT siding with either BLM or Bundy...not am I trying to instigate any more "conspiracy theories"....however the whole scenerio reeked !

One final thought...there you have what appears to be one wise, well accomplished rancher that is alleged to owe the government in excess of one million dollars...on the other side stands a government seeking any possible reason to eliminate any weapon that even looks threatening...had that conflict gone viral....we all could have been victims..intentional or other wise. Just a thought !

I don't propose to have a solution...however I don't propose to become a part of the problem either....this matter belongs in a court of law..let 12 of Mr. Bundy's peers hear the facts, and rule accordingly ....call it a day...!

It was reported that approximately 900 head of cattle call that barren stretch of desert home...that is a large herd on land that I would not consider prime grazing land, in an area, very hard to manage. How many of those cattle are feral, or carry no brand...kinda makes one wonder ! The Feds learned quick, that round up was no small task ! But we "the taxpayer" will pay for that lesson too !

I do realize there have been previous trials to which Bundy was not successful...third time is a charm...just one guys opinion !
There is no issue for a jury. Juries try fact. Judges decide matters of law. This is law not fact. There is no way available to get this matter before a jury. As Senator Bryan pointed out it has been taken to court many times over 30 years and the result is always the same. The land is owned by the BLM. The federal government owns the land.

The arms involvement is too bad. Probably means we are going to water the tree of liberty. In this case for no good purpose. I would think the feds will find a better situation where the watering is more from the militias than from the feds...but they will find it. And the militias will press the issue until they do. Sad in a way...but the tree will be fed and the bad branches pruned.

this is not going to provide a platform for gun control. Probably the opposite. Blood tends to be romantic as long as it is not your blood.

And the real thing that needs to be done is not going to be touched. We are going to go through all this ignoring the fact that the tortoise thing is absurd. In fact I suspect that question will never get a hearing. We do all this to protect that which needs no protection and can't even get a little dialog going on the subject. And the whacko environmentalist carry the day.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:03 PM

18,361 posts, read 26,564,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
When the lessor doesnt provide services as agreed upon per contract with the lessee, then the rent is rendered null. Why should he pay someone a fee for nothing?
The use of the land alone was the service he was paying for. It's not his property to use however he wants for profit.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:25 PM

2,092 posts, read 1,426,588 times
Harry Reid is up to his eyeballs in corruption.

Bundy Ranch - What You're Not Being Told | SCG News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
View detailed profiles of: