Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:51 PM

540 posts, read 1,680,661 times

Advertisements

Well, I can assure you, where my child went to school was less than stellar. She was forced into a group class where there were several grades in one. She did the same work for 3 years. My mother also worked at BOCES. I know far more than I care to know about the special education system in Dutchess County. My girlfriend who has a Downs Syndrome daughter had very bad issues with the same schools as well and eventually had to put her in a home at a very young age.

I'm not really sure why everyone questions me all the time when I know what I'm talking about since I'm living this life with my kids. Don't you think I'd know what my kids go thru? What they tell me about what is going on in their classrooms?

I tell ya what, believe what you want. South Carolina has the best education in the United States. We also aren't behind the country in adult illiteracy.

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.
-- Brian Wilson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 06:18 AM

1,141 posts, read 3,549,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ohio View Post
We live in Ohio in a small town thats rural. Small schools. not much traffic..we are considering moving to S.C. around the Conway area. We would like any info about that area.
We do have kids, so hows the schools? class size in elementary & middle schools? is there always traffic there? cost of living? crime rates? weather? is there small country type towns? crowded? we heard things about the south like red ants? & every time it rains your yard floods? Do you feel its a nice place for kids to grow up? we just need any info we can get before deciding to move. Please tell us anything you think we should know. This will be a big change for us, so let us know all your thoughts.
thanks
Since I lived in Ohio 52 years, and SC 5 years or so, I'll give you a little advice from my end of things.

Rural Ohio residents, to me, will have a much better time acclimating to SC. People from larger cities in Ohio will have a harder time.

Mrs. P.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:07 PM

4 posts, read 8,698 times
You aren't used to much traffic huh? You will not like MYB then, or Charleston either. The traffic in both is a nightmare. Not comparable to a big Northern city of course but be prepared for long waits in long lines to get to anywhere.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:29 AM

59 posts, read 201,907 times
Why are you moving from OHIO to SC?
There is a huge difference culturally and it all depends on what you are used to and what you are wanting once you move. When you say rural Ohio that could mean Conway could be a good fit for you and your kids in the Horry County School System.

Will you buy, rent, or build a home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area