Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:11 PM

19 posts, read 47,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I would love to find another way (non-95/295) around DC. That is always the worst part of the trip even without any traffic delays.
It always takes major planning to avoid DC and Baltimore at rush hour

Not a great alternative, but still doable - Rts 207/301. You can take 207 at Exit 104 (Ruther Glen) in VA to 301 -- stay on 301 through Annapolis, through MD and Delaware and then back to 95 and onto New Jersey. This takes a bit longer than a trip down 95 without traffic. Some of the areas along this route have really grown and there might be some heavy traffic during rush hour ( Bowie comes to mind), but not like miles of bumper to bumper in DC. This also avoids Baltimore. I use this route if I know I will be driving through Baltimore and DC at 4 - 6pm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 08:38 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,556,472 times
I don't know if its due to more of the 95 constructions being completed (or more completed) in the DC area, but the last couple trips have not been a problem (Central Jersey to Murrells Inlet). In fact this last trip (8/31) I made better time then I expected and hit the DC Metro area around 5:30 pm. I figured we would get hammered, but sailed right through.

We do not stop over night, but if we did, we would probably pick a motel around Richmond VA since that is the half way point for us.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:08 PM

66 posts, read 184,332 times
You could always do the 301 route and pick up 17 all the way down.... Might have to stop and spend the night somewhere though.....

Old 09-22-2011, 01:38 PM

790 posts, read 1,626,792 times
On our last trip to/from CT, we went up 95 and cut over to Norfolk and went up the Chesapeake Bay Bridge through Delaware. I hate driving through Washington/Baltimore because we always get stuck in traffic regardless of the time of day. So, even though mileage-wise it's longer, the actual driving time ended up being about the same without the traffic issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area