Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:09 PM

41 posts, read 192,440 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I can't really afford anything too expensive, so I thought I'd see if anyone has any suggestions. Obviously the place doesn't have to be that great, as long as we have a roof and a bed.

Planning to go down Thursday April 16th and come back that Saturday. Doesn't matter if it's mid, north, or south myrtle. Beach front isn't important as long as we can at least walk to the beach.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 04:03 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,674,857 times
My husband was just down there several weeks ago and stayed one night at a place called Sun Fun. It's not fancy, but clean, cheap and his room had a little kitchen. It's a block from the beach. I couldn't find a website for it, but you could look for them online, get the number and call. We hate the big resort type places and are always looking for smaller, cheaper, but nice, places like this. I've never been there, but plan to go in a couple of weeks and am planning to stay there when I do. We are planning a move in the next couple of months and I am going down to check out housing, etc. So anyway, I might be there before you are and if so, I'll try to remember and get back to you about what it was like and with some pictures, etc.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Oh, yes, and I fogot to mention, it was $35 a night!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:42 PM

Wow, now this sounds like my kind of place. I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow to see what the rates will be when we want to go. Thanks for this!

Old 03-26-2009, 06:25 AM

You're welcome. I hope you like it. Actually, I couldn't sleep last night, woke up around 4 am and ended up booking a flight to MB the first part of April. I'm planning to call that place today and get a room for us. So it looks like I will be there a week or so prior to your visit. I plan on taking lots of pictures, so I will also try to remember and post some on here so you can see what the Sun Fun looks like. We're going from 4/7 until Easter Sunday. My husband said it was a nice little family run place. He told me that when he first talked to them by phone, they quoted a price of 35 and then when he got there they said it was 39. He questioned them about it and they were really nice and gave him the room for 35. He said they were really friendly. So much so that he felt kind of bad about even bringing it up, since it was only for one night and just for 4 dollars difference.

It's often difficult to find these types of cute little places online since they don't have the budget for a website or a lot of advertising. We always prefer places like this as compared to the big resort places and not just for the money. We like the experience better.

Let me know what you end up doing.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 AM

Okay, I just called them and booked a room. They are charging me 44/night, which seems reasonable to me, considering that my husband stayed there for 35, earlier in the season and this time it's for 2 people instead of one.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:31 PM

882 posts, read 3,539,154 times
The owners of the Sun Fun are nice folks... You can also try the Sea Echo which is right around the corner. Both are family owned and operated. Older motels but nice folks who own/operate. Many repeat guests over the years. Greg and Jaime own the Sun Fun and Billy owns the Sea Echo. His number is 843-448-6441 if you want to give him a buzz.

While you're at either place, stop in to Harry's Breakfast on 24th Ave also.. really good Greek friends of mine own it.. Again, family owned and operated...

Enjoy your visit..

Old 03-27-2009, 07:03 AM

20 posts, read 80,625 times
Default place to stay

Check out Wave Runner, no frills ,decent , clean ,reasonable. Plenty of others but this was usually a better choice

Old 03-30-2009, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Just booked a room at SunFun. Hard to beat $40 bucks a night!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:26 PM

Really? You got your room for 40 and mine was 44? I guess you're a better negotiator than I! Hope you have a great trip.

I'm so excited to be going. Like I said, I'll try to post some pictures for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area