Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:28 PM

15 posts, read 63,454 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and our four year old will be going to Myrtle Beach in August. Can anyone suggest some good restaurants? We will be staying at the Dunes Village Resorrt which I believe is in central Myrtle Beach. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 12:40 PM

207 posts, read 1,003,610 times
I'm assuming you'll be doing dinner with your 4 year old so I'll stick to kid-friendly :-) All of the restaurants at Broadway at the Beach are good for kids. Most of them have good themes and decor...and will have lots of other kids. There is a Hardrock Cafe and Planet Hollywood...not necessarily known for their food, but all kids want to eat in the big pyramid or big globe! You can go on the Broadway website to get more info on the restaurants. For pizza, we love Ultimate California Pizza...its casual but they every kind of pizza imaginable. The restaurants in Murrells Inlet are great for fresh seafood (and just great food in general.) We love Drunken Jacks (they have pirate hats for kids I believe) and Bovines. Our favorite date night place is The Melting Pot. It's a fondue chain and fairly expensive...some people take kids, but since it can take 2-3 hours for the meal, you might not want to take a 4 year old. However, it makes a great "special" dessert to just stop by after dinner for chocolate fondue. We've definitely seen families with kids in there before.

Also, we have't gotten to check it out yet, but the Market Commons just opened on the old air force base. The Market Common Myrtle Beach - Luxury Apartments - Stylish Shopping New shopping and restaurants.

Have a great trip!

Old 07-10-2008, 02:44 PM

75 posts, read 219,715 times
We wanted a steak place and people recommended J Edwards - we thought it was awful. It may have been the place back in the day but it's seemed WELL beyond its prime. We also weren't impressed with T Bonz - it was just ok.

We actually had a good meal at Islmorada Fish House (or something like that!?) next to Bass Pro Shops. Like the previous reply, we also liked Drunken Jacks in MI. There was a casual/bar type place down on the ICW by the Hard Rock Park - maybe someone will remember the name - that was good and very laid back and relaxing. I'd go there early with kids, it has the "feel" of a place that gets a little wild after hours. Phillips Seafood was also good. We've done almost all of the places at Broadway and they were fine. The Liberty beer place stood out for me.

Have fun and remember to post your likes and dislikes when you get back!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:10 PM

207 posts, read 1,003,610 times
Liberty Steakhouse at Broadway is good, but we like the Liberty Tap Room (on 17 business) much better. Its owned by the same people, the prices are similar, but it has a nicer feel (still casual, but nice) and the food is MUCH better. Still, the steakhouse is good.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:38 PM

4 posts, read 16,623 times
Default Best places to eat!!

Well my family and I have stayed in surfside beach for 12 yrs and counting!! The two best places I can suggest to eat at would be....Nibles on surfside pier(wonderful waitresses,awesome food, kid friendly and one of the best views of the beach) and drunken Jack in Murells Inlet (fresh seafood, good waitresses, fresh salad bar etc and also kid friendly it also offers a nice view of the inlet). Try these two places and I know you won't be dissapointed!!

Old 07-12-2008, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kone View Post
There was a casual/bar type place down on the ICW by the Hard Rock Park - maybe someone will remember the name - that was good and very laid back and relaxing. I'd go there early with kids, it has the "feel" of a place that gets a little wild after hours.
it was called The Boat House

Old 07-12-2008, 08:44 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
We went to Drunken Jack's on Wednesday. It is very popular and it earns a high reputation from almost everyone that goes there. We arrived at 5:15pm and waited about an hour and forty minutes to be seated. The food was great! I had the Scallop Platter and there must have been 15-20 scallops on my plate. My 11yr old loved his chicken tenders or were they fingers and hubby's steak and lobster were wonderful. When you are seated you are brought a basket of hush puppies that are addicting. The salad bar was fresh and inviting but after the hush puppies we didn't have much room for salad.

On Tuesday we went to a place in Pawley's Island called Austin's Restaurant & Bar right on 17. The food was undercooked and expensive...kids chicken tenders were $11. I am still considering having my credit card company refute the charge.

Last edited by Global Friend; 07-18-2008 at 05:32 AM..

Old 07-12-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
We went to Drunken Jack's on Wednesday. It is very popular and it earns a high reputation from almost everyone that goes there. We arrived at 5:15pm and waited about an hour and forty minutes to be seated. The food was great! I had the Scallop Platter and there must have been 15-20 scallops on my plate..
We had the scallops too and thought they were excellent as well!

Old 07-13-2008, 10:49 AM

423 posts, read 898,412 times
My family has had a place at Myrtle Beach since 1981 and in our opinion Sara J's in Garden City is hand's down the best seafood. It's not fancy but it's very good and reasonably priced. They will let anyone order the senior portions and it's plenty of food for most people. I don't know anyone who has had a bad experience there.

Last edited by waccamatt; 07-13-2008 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 07-14-2008, 05:48 PM

543 posts, read 2,363,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
My family has had a place at Myrtle Beach since 1981 and in our opinion Sara J's in Garden City is hand's down the best seafood. It's not fancy but it's very good and reasonably priced. They will let anyone order the senior portions and it's plenty of food for most people. I don't know anyone who has had a bad experience there.
Sara J's is a great place to eat. I dislike Hard Rock Cafe and Planet Hollywood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area