Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:16 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Sea Captains is a wonderful place to eat and has very good food, at least the last time we were there many years ago. They didn't have breakfast when we were there.

Home
I second this place. Sea Captains has a nice view of the ocean and great food. What type of food do you and your family like? Do you prefer chain/fun type restaurants or more upscale places? I also like PF Changs (Market Common), Ichiro's Japanese Hibachi (501), Joe's Crab Shack (Broadway on the Beach), Flo's Place (Murrells Inlet).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 08:54 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,990,921 times
Greg Normans (in Barefoot Landing) is awesome, but pricey. T-bones is NOT an "upscale" place by any means! For wings or sandwiches, it's fine...but a steak dinner...no way!

Old 08-15-2008, 06:01 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times
I really like Olivers Lodge Restaurant that is nestled in at Murells Inlet. You actually enter from the side, and you get to dine on the back porch over looking the inlet.
The prices are not all that bad, and people seem to love it.
We also tend to go to Sara J's with company, and everyone enjoys it there too.
Two very comfortable, and comforting places for sure.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:03 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times
We also like Damons on the ocean, for its wonderful ocean views and really darn good meals. You can even get a seafood combo meal that seems to be a great hit.
Everything was cooked perfectly. So for ocean dining........I do love Damons

Old 09-30-2008, 05:10 PM

245 posts, read 761,603 times
i am lucky that my four year old loves to eat and is like going out with a well behaved adult...we like most places in murrells inlet...or faves are capt daves dockside, lees inlet kitchen, olivers and salt creek cafe

Old 09-30-2008, 10:28 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,874,214 times
Hey Southernbychoice... there's a new place in Pawleys (actually they just moved & expanded from their original location) called the Chive Blossom. It is delicious and you should try it out. While heading south on 17 make a left onto the North Causeway at the Walgreen's & it is right next door at #85.

Haven't had a bad meal yet... but I think my favorite is the Crab Crepe & She Crab soup, or maybe the scallop cakes, yumm. They also offer "half plates" in case you don't want that big meal... plus a great lunch menu too.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:59 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,925,479 times
Yes to Sea Captains in Myrtle Beach and to Seafood Hut in Calabash Also Geno's at Gator Hole has a great cheese pie. It's not a fancy place, and all the other Italian dishes there are so tasty.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:34 PM

245 posts, read 761,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
Hey Southernbychoice... there's a new place in Pawleys (actually they just moved & expanded from their original location) called the Chive Blossom. It is delicious and you should try it out. While heading south on 17 make a left onto the North Causeway at the Walgreen's & it is right next door at #85.

Haven't had a bad meal yet... but I think my favorite is the Crab Crepe & She Crab soup, or maybe the scallop cakes, yumm. They also offer "half plates" in case you don't want that big meal... plus a great lunch menu too.
I will put it on my list! We had brunch at Capt Daves this morning....OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Old 10-18-2008, 11:44 AM

48 posts, read 123,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy-NJ-NY-ME? View Post
For a nice dinner (fine dining), we like Thoroughbreds Restaurant (9706 N. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach). It has an established menu and daily specials. Good quality seafood and beef. A long-established business. Thoroughbreds Restaurant

Also for an authentic Italian dinner, try Umberto's in Little River. It in a little free-standing yellow building just before the Holiday Inn on Rt 17. The dining room faces the water; beautiful! Flavorful food; good prices; nice service.

For really casual, authentic, and tasty fried seafood, head even a bit further north to Calabash, North Carolina to Calabash Seafood Hut at 1125 River Road. Great fried clams, etc.

As you can tell, we seek out the true local businesses as opposed to the typical tourist chains.
Oh yeah, Thoroughbreds is a classy joint, great food, I can still remember a great meal that I had there over 10 years ago, escargot and fillet mignon, great memories, and I would love a Calabash Combo at one of those great Calabash restaurants in MB!!

Is Collectors Cafe Still open [they used to have a great cake shop there as well]? And Rossi's Italian Restaurant was another favourite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area