Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:51 AM

327 posts, read 1,118,970 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone, Great forum you guys have here. Been reading up last 2 days.

I'd like some opinions on taking my wife of 7 years away from the kids and to some rest and relaxation. Not to keen on tourist areas. Like to find a nice quiet hotel between Myrtle beach and Hilton head.

It would be a 4 night stay during the last week of May. Has to be Ocean front Hotel or Inn. Offer great food. As for activities, just lounging on the beach would be ideal. No golfing either. Just want to get away from CT for a few days. We would be driving down.

My budget is around $200-300 a night. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 09:09 AM

269 posts, read 1,010,267 times
Here are a few suggestions!
First www.belvidereclub.com - (843) 884-3342 May be a little more than your price range depending on the time!

second Kiawah Island Golf Resort: Kiawah Island, near Charleston South Carolina a very nice resort!

Third Marriott-Hilton Head Beach
1 Hotel Cir
Hilton Head Isle, SC 29928
(843) 686-8400
We stay here A lot! The suites are luxurious and the resort is calming,
there is a great spa on site too!

For Great food Charleston and Hilton Head will give you a greater variety than Myrtle beach,
although South of Myrtle in the Pawleys Island area you will find great dining too!

Old 04-22-2008, 09:10 AM

221 posts, read 1,032,409 times
Folly Beach, SC is a small island beach community with a minimal amount of commericialization. The vast majority of the island is residential. They have a Days Inn which I believe is the only big-name hotel chain on the island:

Hotel loc: Folly Beach, SC - Google Maps

Folly Beach is considered part of the Charleston area. You'll find tons of shopping, restaurants, museums, historical areas, etc. If you're not into traditional touristy areas, you may like Charleston. Its one of the most desirable areas of the state to visit, so there are people there that some would call tourists, but its a different kind of touristy area. I think you'd like it.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:04 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
There are a few nice Inns in the Pawleys Island/ Litchfield Beach area.

Litchfield-by-the-Sea is acondo community that rents out usually at reasonable rate. Oceanfront or just off ocean.
Litchfield Inn of Pawleys Island, South Carolina a quaint, small hotel/condo buidling right on the ocean.
Seaview Inn - Romantic & Highly recommended bed & breakfast right on ocean on Pawleys Island & still in your price range.
Pelican Inn - another B & B on Pawleys, nice historic building along the ocean. I just read that the meals are provided by Orobosa's restaurant, which has a terrific menu.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:32 AM

I was also looking at these places in the Isle of Palms:

Wild Dunes -
Charleston South Carolina Hotels | Wild Dunes Resort | Isle of Palms Vacation Resorts

The Palms -
The Palms Charleston Oceanfront Hotel at Isle of Palms, SC

Seems like nice and quiet places for some rest and relaxation. I looked at Folley beach as well but I think it was just a holiday inn in there. I'll take a look at the places mentioned in Pawleys Island and Litchfield Beach area

Old 04-24-2008, 08:39 AM

Scratch The Palms. Basically a Holiday Inn.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:37 AM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
Let us know where you decide & give us a follow-up with your critique. We're always looking for a nice place to visit. Thanks.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:04 PM

Thanks I will. Ultimately if I were to spend a week or 2 I would of just rented out a house on the shore. But I am only going for 4 nights so my options are limited to hotel type of place.

I am running all these suggestions by the "Boss" and chime in once we get reservations.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:36 PM

221 posts, read 1,032,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000 View Post
Scratch The Palms. Basically a Holiday Inn.
I sense some negativity towards the Holiday Inn Brand.

I can't say much about either the Palms or the Holiday Inn at Folly Beach, but I just stayed at a Holiday Inn near the Airport in Charleston and it was quite nice. The whole place was smoke free since it was built a year or two ago, they have free unrestricted Wifi, and the rooms were very nice. They have a huge stone tile stand up shower and granite counter tops in the bathroom. The HVAC had a digital thermostat, instead of the clunky red and blue knob. The king bed we had was very comfortable, and they had a reading area with chair and ottoman. They had a nice restaurant on the main floor, but we didn't eat there.

If either of the ocean front Holiday Inns are as nice as the one by the Air Port, I'd say you'd be find to stay there on a romantic getaway. Have you read any reviews on these places?

Old 04-24-2008, 08:44 PM

Oh maybe the holiday inns down that way are nicer but the ones up here aren't something to write home about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area