Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2023, 07:03 PM

121 posts, read 92,577 times

Advertisements

Since we already spend a lot of time there, I probably have the answers, but just curious of other folks opinions. What I like is that is a real working town, not a resort town built from the ground up. It’s getting better restaurants and retail all the time.We may very well retire there.Again, just curious of others opinions, anD I probably can answer some questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2023, 03:40 PM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeades View Post
Since we already spend a lot of time there, I probably have the answers, but just curious of other folks opinions. What I like is that is a real working town, not a resort town built from the ground up. It’s getting better restaurants and retail all the time.We may very well retire there.Again, just curious of others opinions, anD I probably can answer some questions.
Georgetown is an interesting place. You couldnt ask for a better location.. on the coast in between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. It seems that most of the County's growth is slower than one may expect from a coastal community and mainly on the waterfront as opposed to say the City of Georgetown. To your point, it seems that downtown Georgetown is doing well.. is very quaint with restaurants and some bayfront amenities, historic district, museums etc. The Steel Mill in town seems like a mixed bag.. Its certainly great for the City's economy but I have no idea what people think about it from an aesthetics or environmental perspective. I think the future is looking up.. I wonder if it may become similar to Hilton Head and Bluffton in terms of the City becoming a place where people live as a lower cost alternative to the coast.. (i.e. Pawleys Island)

Old 12-19-2023, 07:44 AM

790 posts, read 1,619,379 times
Georgetown's biggest negative is the paper mill and its accompanying smells. It can be overwhelming at times. But, as Woodlands pointed out, it is a nice town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area