Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 2,021 times

Advertisements

We recently relocated from the Hudson Valley in NY to Coldstream Cove at Prince Creek. We love the area and feel this is our forever home after retiring last year. I looked into flood insurance through our USAA insurance and FEMA. FEMA said our place is not currently in a flood zone but that they are in the process of remapping flood zones and that could change our zone. Just wondering if others in the Prince Creek community or more specifically the Coldstream Cove area of Prince Creek have had any issues with flooding or are concerned as I am? I’ve heard the National weather service warning this year we’re going to have more hurricanes and tropical storms.
Thank you for any info you may share,
JH
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 01:44 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,541,995 times
We have a townhouse in Park West just about a mile east of Price Creek. I use to do my exercise walk through Price Creek before my knees wore out. There was a 100 year storm a couple years ago that dumped 17" of rain on the area in a short period. The water came halfway up my back yard but no further (at least 30' from my home). Many nearby areas and communities were severely flooded out. However doing my walk through Prince Creek the next day I did not see any significant flooding.

Old 06-07-2020, 05:33 AM

2 posts, read 2,021 times
Default Good to know

Thank you for the information. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
JH

Old 06-15-2020, 05:51 PM

790 posts, read 1,620,210 times
We've lived through 4 hurricanes so far including the one that meandered here for several days and have not flooded. Your cousin is mistaken to say that every place will get extreme flooding in a hurricane. Some places are more susceptible than others and that's what one should be careful of when they move here and it's the reason the new FEMA maps are being drawn. Having flood insurance is important if you're in or near the new zones and will be mandatory if you hope to get a mortgage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: