Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2019, 01:37 PM

1 posts, read 519 times

Advertisements

Hello. I'm trying to get home to Myrtle Beach. I'm a functioning quadriplegic and I'm on disabilty. Apparently section 8 apartments in Myrtle Beach are slim pickings. I've tried the obvious avenues by contacting all of the section 8 apartments and have asked for applications to be sent to me. Unfortunately, all of them want an application fee and then they put you on at least a years waiting list. I don't have that kind of money to just throw to the wind. I'm wondering if anybody out there knows of some private owners that might be intrested in renting to a disabled woman that comes with excellent references. They may not get as much money rent wise out of me but in return they will have peace of mind of a professional living in their home. Thank you so much for your time and I appreciate any help that any of you can give me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 08:01 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,058,138 times
The Housing Choice Voucher List is closed in Myrtle Beach as you know, there is no foreseeable opening. The need far outweighs the resourses.

You might consider contacting the Horry Co. Disability and Special Needs Program given your disabled status.

https://hcdsn.org/home/residential-support/

They offer different levels of residential support that might be conducive to your needs. If not, they might be able to direct you to more appropriate resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area