Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2019, 10:14 AM

108 posts, read 218,782 times

Advertisements

Any comments are greatly appreciated. thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 07:35 AM

790 posts, read 1,620,210 times
We looked at Cameron Village when we moved here. Beazer is the developer and we found that the quality of the houses they were building there was less than what we would expect. Other people have had different experiences so you may get positive reviews on them. But, our opinion was that it was not acceptable.

I've also seen news reports of some flooding of streets in Cameron Village. I don't think any houses have actually been flooded but the pictures I saw showed water pretty far up the driveways and the streets completely covered in some sections. I don't think this is the case in all sections, but I would walk around the neighborhood and ask the people who live there about any water issues including street flooding.

I've heard that the HOA is fairly strict but that came from someone who used to live there who is kind of a prickly person. Be sure and get a copy of the Covenants and rules before signing any contract (this applies to any neighborhood you look at) and make sure you can abide by them. Also, when asking people who live there about the water, ask them about the HOA as well.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:28 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,541,995 times
We purchased a townhouse in another Beazer community, Park West, and have been happy with our home.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:54 AM

5 posts, read 5,052 times
We are currently building a home there. We originally were going to move to the Forest but decided not to.
We walked a model and it is beautiful. We feel we are getting a great house for the $$$.
I joined the CV Facebook group. It appears that folks really care about the community. Some maybe a little too much, which is fine by us.
We are optimistic about our move to CV. Won't know more until we move in in Sept.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:30 AM

455 posts, read 669,677 times
My brother-in-law purchased in Cameron Village, as well as other family members. The prices are so reasonable for the lifestyle you get. The area is really convenient too and out of the hustle and bustle of Myrtle Beach. They have wonderful neighbors and have really enjoyed living there.
We visited recently and really love the look of the neighborhood and how nicely everything is kept. I don't think you could go wrong living there. Best of luck!

Old 07-15-2019, 05:49 PM

Thank you for your comments. I would love to join the CV Facebook group..I searched but couldn’t find it??

Old 07-15-2019, 06:39 PM

5 posts, read 5,052 times
Search “Cameron Village SFH, Myrtle Beach”

I was given a little “quiz” as to why I wanted to join before they let me join. I ended up having a nice text exchange with the gentleman who approved me to the group.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:43 PM

Thanks I am waiting to get approved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area