Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 06:19 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

This is a list of grocery stores, their store count, and where they are located in Horry County, South Carolina, as of Monday, 30 April 2018:

Supermarket
  • BI-LO (5 stores): Myrtle Beach (2 stores), North Myrtle Beach (2 stores), Surfside Beach
  • Food Lion (19 stores): Conway (5 stores), Little River (2 stores), Longs, Loris, Myrtle Beach (9 stores), North Myrtle Beach
  • Harvey's Supermarket (1 store): Conway
  • IGA (5 stores): Aynor, Conway, Longs, Loris, North Myrtle Beach
  • Kroger (4 stores): Murrells Inlet, Myrtle Beach (2 stores), North Myrtle Beach
  • Lowe's Foods (5 stores): Little River, Myrtle Beach (3 stores), Pawleys Island
  • Piggly Wiggly: Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach
  • Publix (4 stores): Murrells Inlet, Myrtle Beach (2 stores), North Myrtle Beach
  • Walmart Neighborhood Market (5 stores): Myrtle Beach (4 stores), Murrells Inlet
Hypermarket
  • Walmart Supercenter (7 stores): Conway (2 stores), Murrells Inlet, Myrtle Beach (2 stores), North Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach
Wholesale club
  • Costco (1 store): Myrtle Beach
  • Sam's Club (1 store): Myrtle Beach
Limited assortment/discount grocery
  • Aldi (4 stores): Conway (2 stores), Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
Specialty organic/gourmet grocery
  • The Fresh Market (1 store): Myrtle Beach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 05:39 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
I just saw this article. Thought I'd share:

BI-LO is closing in Myrtle Beach and Surfside. Food Lion will soon take its place | Myrtle Beach Sun News

Wonder what happened to Publix? I thought they were going in at the BI-LO location in SSB.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:02 PM

BI-LO and Harvey's Supermarket have ran their course in Horry County. I project them to exit in the future.

Surfside Beach Commons was acquired by Publix Super Markets in November 2013. It does not make sense for a supermarket competitor to sell a lease to another supermarket competitor at a retail center owned by another supermarket competitor. Food Lion could sit on the lease until its expiration, then Publix proceeds with a store.

Further reading

Old 05-02-2018, 09:25 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
BI-LO and Harvey's Supermarket have ran their course in Horry County. I project them to exit in the future.

Surfside Beach Commons was acquired by Publix Super Markets in November 2013. It does not make sense for a supermarket competitor to sell a lease to another supermarket competitor at a retail center owned by another supermarket competitor. Food Lion could sit on the lease until its expiration, then Publix proceeds with a store.

Further reading
Wonder why BI-LO is keeping their two N. Myrtle Beach stores? Why bother with only that few of locations in the area. Maybe they lack buyers for them since they are so close to already existing Food Lion, Publix and Kroger stores.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:52 AM

I know Surfside Beach Commons in Surfside Beach is not near a Publix. Publix Super Markets acquired it with a probable intent to open a Publix when BI-LO #5104's lease expires. The logic I could see is Food Lion acquiring the lease, let the store go dark, and not renew it. Publix Super Markets would be free to proceed with a Publix store at that location.

Publix has been speculated to open a store at United States Highway 17 and Coventry Boulevard.

BI-LO #5107, 5020 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29588-6814, could be an excellent acquisition for Publix Super Markets for a Publix.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:55 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times
There was a story in the paper yesterday. BI-LO is going out of business. Food Lion is taking over all their stores.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:49 AM

BI-LO is not going out of business. Four BI-LO stores in South Carolina, including two in Horry County, are being divested to Food Lion.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:29 AM

Shipt, an internet-based grocery delivery service owned by Target Corporation, is expanding to Myrtle Beach. In addition to Target, it will be available at BI-LO, Kroger, and Publix.

I wonder if Shipt will cover all of Horry County.

Further reading

Old 05-03-2018, 11:08 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times
Wow - Who is the moderator around here? They removed my post about Shipt. Where all I did is provide information I got directly from Shipt. Is this why the Myrtle Beach forum has little activity?

Old 05-03-2018, 11:26 AM

I wonder how soon Shipt will become exclusive only to Target. Publix has a deal with Instacart. I do not expect BI-LO to be Horry County in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area