Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 07:21 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,547,614 times

Advertisements

Re: Eagles games....... Sometimes. Depends on which channel broadcasts the games. However with internet streaming (I use the Roku platform) it is possible to get almost anything although you might have to pay extra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 04:12 PM

132 posts, read 174,448 times
I wouldn't move to Conway. One, its no where near the beach. Two, its a lot of locals. I would much rather live near others in my same situation ( relocating) than with people who look down on "northerners". I would not pick any place down here until you spend some actual time staying here for a while. Better to rent and really get a feel for which area suits you.
Pawleys Island is lovely . Murrells Inlet has charm. Surfside has great beach access and a community feel. Myrtle Beach has some awesome areas and lots of choices. North Myrtle Beach is desirable to many. Little River is not on the ocean, but isn't too far, its more rural.
I have been here a few years and its ok. I miss the North for so many reasons. But I hate the cold and the snow and its always nice out here.
Best of luck in your search. As others have suggested, get a good realtor with EXPERIENCE in the area. Many newbies because the market is hot.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:05 PM

88 posts, read 167,300 times
I've got 3 different realtors corresponding with me and I'm asking a lot of questions. Some of the people we're using come highly recommended by members of this forum. I feel like I've already made a few friends here.
We are close to 400 miles away making it difficult to just stop down and look around. Probably what we'll end up doing is renting a place this Summer and checking out the area before buying.
Funny but just last night my wife was checking out places in Little River and I was getting information on places near Pawley's Island.
This whole thing is a little scary for both of us as we are not "Spring Chickens", we have to risk a bit to get the rewards. And we definitely want to be out of the snow and into the warmth. Already thinking about what I'm going to ask for my snow blower!!

Regards,
Len

Old 10-24-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlen View Post
And we definitely want to be out of the snow and into the warmth. Already thinking about what I'm going to ask for my snow blower!!

Regards,
Len
The no (or very rarely occurring) snow fall is great. However I know our biggest shock came after we closed on our Murrells Inlet townhouse in July of 2009. We spent the rest of the summer in SC, returned to the house we still owned in NJ and came back to MI after New Years. The shock was the temperature. It was very cold in January and February, much colder than I anticipated.

Winters are much shorter in SC but still winter.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:56 AM

That's OK. I like the cold during the holidays up here, but after the 1st of January I'm ready for Spring....lol.
I lived in Hollywood, Fla. for two years in the '70s and we got some cold snaps even way down there so I'd be shocked if it didn't happen in Myrtle Beach. But for my wife the longer growing/gardening season and for me the longer Kayaking/Biking/Fishing season will be just fine.
One of our realtors sent us an email with about 6 homes for sale between MB and Conway just off 501 and I told her we loved all the houses, but didn't want to get into the traffic during the tourist season on 501. See, I'm starting to learn from all you good people!!!!!
I asked her to send some Surfside Beach; Murrells Inlet area. Even maybe Pawley's Island area. We'll see what she comes up with.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:59 AM

Another quick question. Is it considered bad form to click on the 'Befriend' button without asking the person first?

Old 10-24-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Another quick question. Is it considered bad form to click on the 'Befriend' button without asking the person first?
I don't believe so. They can always reject your request (just like on Facebook).

Old 10-24-2017, 09:58 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,698,043 times
Grats on your retirement. Been retired over a year now and just enjoyin life. Wife gotta work 20 more years though lol

Old 10-24-2017, 09:59 AM

Hoping you won't reject me.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:13 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,673,360 times
Quote:
No, I don't think that would be considered as a negative. And thanks for wanting to be my City-Data friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area