Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,099 times

Advertisements

we are considering murrells inlet for retirement we were looking for a 55+ community we were told there was only 1 looking for a place to retire with activities and socializing can anyone let me know if there are any. Also how is the traffic during the summer months in murrells inlet.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 10:51 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,503 times
https://www.55places.com/south-carol...murrells-inlet

Old 01-24-2017, 11:34 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,117 times
Check out Seasons in the Prince Creek community. If I were to buy again, I would live there......

Old 01-25-2017, 05:10 AM

161 posts, read 237,808 times
I believe the Woodlake development in Murrells Inlet is a 55+ community. It's is a somewhat older community and of the has homes for sale.

When we began looking we looked at several homes and all that we looked at were very nice...we determined we needed to wait an extra year before making a decision and ultimately built in the Meadows of Saint Patrick(which is directly opposite Woodlake on the other side of 17 bypass near Indigo Creek Gold Coursed) not a 55+ but only a few school age kids that we've seen in the year and a half we've been here.

Woodlake is off the Garden City Connector near rout 17 bypass and is situated by Indian Wells Golf Course. We have at least 3 sets of friends who we've know for 40+ years that live ther and they love it.

Also, it's not unusual for there to be homes available there. If it's important, some have one car while others have two car garages. The development has a pool and club house/meting area.

We love Murrells Inlet.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:40 PM

3 posts, read 3,275 times
We are looking for a nice place in Murrells Inlet also. We are considering a mobile home retirement park, because I want to have a little yard to plant some shrubs and trees, and we have a little dog, so a condo wouldn't be great, unless it was first floor with a private outside area. We did see some townhouses with tiny yards. It looks like the mobile home parks are kept up nicely and would offer us some activities and an easy community to get to know new people. I wonder about the HOA or lot rent fees and if they will increase a lot, or if they remain pretty stable? Also, what is included in those fees, and what bills are we responsible for in addition to that?
We are looking at Captain's Cove and some others, but we don't want a huge giant park with tons of amenities that we may not use. We don't golf or play tennis. We love the beach though, so closer to the beach would be nice. I want to get a little scooter, not a motorcycle, but more like a vespa, to take to the beach, so it would be nice if we didn't have to travel the highway to get to a nice not too crowded beach. We'd like advice so please share your thoughts. Thank you. Bobbi and Dave

Old 08-16-2018, 01:52 PM

132 posts, read 174,191 times
There are many over 55 subdivisions in Murrells inlet. From trailer parks to condo projects, there is something for every budget. As to traffic, in the summer its bad, like all of the area. There is only 2 roads in and out , 17 business and 17 bypass and they merge and become one so....

Once the season ends, traffic gets better and you can learn the shortcuts and zip around. We recently had to move back due to health concerns and I miss it everyday. I think you will love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area