Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 02:25 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,680,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmymadcap View Post
Money it's an issue with us. The issue which hold us back is that we don't want to retire to a constant college party atmosphere. It's fun to vacation to, sure. We are looking north and south of the center of myrtle.
I don't know many people who aren't concerned about the money issue. I do know a few, but they are rare! Anyway, I totally understand your concerns about the "constant college party atmosphere," but I have not seen much of that at all where I live in Surfside Beach. I rarely, if ever, go to MB proper and very much dislike the tourist trap places and all of that. The only time that there is a lot of traffic and noise here are during bike week, but that isn't as bad as people sometimes make it out to be and has never really been an issue for me. It doesn't last that long - maybe a week. I just tend to stay home more when all of that is going on.

I can't tell you anything about the northern part of MB or N. MB, or Conway, but I can tell you that if you are interested in a small and relatively quiet community, Surfside Beach is perfect for that. If you are looking to rent or buy a place in the south end, SSB is just about perfect. We don't have much traffic - lots of walkers, bicycle riders and golf carts - east of business 17 is the best place in my opinion. My husband and I both LOVE living here.

If you have any questions about this part of the area, I will be glad to answer them if I can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 09:51 PM

312 posts, read 517,492 times
I lived in a suburb of Charleston ten years (Mt.Pleasant) before taking a job in NY. The job was NYC, and I bought a house in Nassau County on Long Island (Merrick). It was a HUGE adjustment after SC. I expected the snow and planned to "deal with it" because of the job benefits but two years and one week later I sold the house on LI and came back to SC. The friendliness of people and quality of life were so much better here. I didn't respond initially because I don't know about Rochester.

I built in Murrells Inlet. There is a twenty acre lake you can build on in MI if that's of interest. Check out lots at Woodlawn Plantation. All but a couple of neighbors are from other states (many in the NE), it's really quiet, you can use any builder you want, etc and everyone seems happy here. Plus, it's often easier to insure newer construction.
I have a first grader so schools were important to me.

If I hadn't wanted to live on a lake really bad, I'd have considered Pawleys Island. I love that area too. I rarely ever go to Myrtle Beach. We have season passes to Huntington Beach State Park and Brookgreen Gardens which are nearby. Good luck with your decision.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:37 AM

161 posts, read 238,536 times
There are 2-3 houses for sale in the Meadows of St. Patrick development in Murrells Inlet, at least a couple for less then $200K. A couple have a nice lake view (not a large lake/pond) and two do not. The houses would have been built in 2014 as they were constructed and completed near the same time as ours, mid 2014.

Meadowoods development is in front of MoSP and there are a couple for sale in that area as well.

A new development is planned and site work has begun (sewers and paved road is in) in front of Meadowoods and is going to be called Kayak Kove. It will be on a lake and depending on which website you look at prices at listed as either $249 or $269K. Site Map | Kayak Kove
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area